Comfort Access Question/Help!

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
GTB

Post by GTB »

Ok, this may have been asked before, so apologies if it has. I have had my Gen3 GTS for nearly two weeks now, it has 18way seats and the comfort access package. All good so far.

Now Im 6ft1, my wife is 5ft1. Based on what the SE told us at handover, or perhaps in all the excitement I misunderstood. So we have decided to use a car key each. I have adjusted my seat/mirrors etc to what for now is an ideal position. When stationary I then pressed set then the little key button on the drivers door, it bleeped and again all good. So when I switch ignition off and then open door handle the drivers seat goes back a bit and I get out nice and easy. on returning to the car as soon as I put key in ignition drivers seat goes to the ideal and set position for me.

Okay folks Im sure you will all say great thats what its meant to do.

We then hid my key away where its wireless comms wouldnt interfere with the car, my wife then set seat, mirrors up in exact same way, pressed set and little key button it beeped with her key in the ignition and again all good. Obvously her driving position is a lot further forward and seat higher than mine. The big upset and issue we are having is, when she switches off the ignition and opens door, the seat only goes back about four inches, and that isnt enough for the Voluptuous figure she has for getting out the car easily.

Its becoming a bit of a pain for her, is there a way of setting how far back etc the seat will go on comfort access when she opens the drivers door handle to exit the vehicle?

I tried reading the good to know guide, and just ended up confusing myself. So should "Auto Memory" according to p75 of the good to know guide be set on or off? if we want to use our own dedicated keys?

Anybody been thru similar situation, I would appreaciate the knowledge if Im missing to do something simple, after nearly 27 years of a happily married life, I dont want to put her on a rack and stretch her out to similar height as myself ;)

Thanks GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

I think you'll find that Comfort Access is doing "what is says on the tin". A suggestion as a possible solution to the problem. With your wife in the car, using her key, move the seat back to a position that suits her for exiting the car. Then press Set on the driver's door and store the setting in position 1 or 2. All she will need to do in future is press the button you stored the setting in just before she takes the key out and wait for the seat to move back. Then exit as normal.

I think I'm right in saying that is shouldn't interfere with the key setting. Mind you I have to admit that I've disabled the key setting in my car as we only have one key in use and use positions 1 & 2 to store our individual preferences.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Surely I’m not the only one spotting “voluptuous “ and thinking pics here are required?
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
GTB

Post by GTB »

Tracky wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:47 am Surely I’m not the only one spotting “voluptuous “ and thinking pics here are required?
;) ;)

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
fontana302

Post by fontana302 »

You have to have a coding device for that.

I used Launch X431 Pro Mini. The Driver-side Seat Memory module, Comfort Entry/Exit Adjustment Travel option.

Default is 26mm, I changed mine to 40mm. Autel & others can do it & obviously PIWIS (thought dealers wouldn't have a clue when you ask them)

Comfort Entry Seat Travel.jpg

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

fontana302 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:10 am You have to have a coding device for that.

I used Launch X431 Pro Mini. The Driver-side Seat Memory module, Comfort Entry/Exit Adjustment Travel option.

Default is 26mm, I changed mine to 40mm. Autel & others can do it & obviously PIWIS (thought dealers wouldn't have a clue when you ask them)

Comfort Entry Seat Travel.jpg
Welcome to the forum.

Do tell us more about the specific ODB device and App that you use?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
fontana302

Post by fontana302 »

I have both of these:

Launch X431 Pro S Mini: https://www.obd2direct.com/products/lau ... -pros-mini
Autel MaxiSys MS906BT: https://www.autel.com/c/www/mk3/3219.jhtml

They both do the job.