Quickest route to a Gen 3 GTS!

All your ordering information here!
Nella

Post by Nella »

FirstSeaLord wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:24 am How much are they going for over list?

That one at Leicester with the not inexpensive Python spec and a whole load of other decent options looks fantastic.

At £90k it can't be that much over, can it?
There is one virtually identical to mine but with
remote locking, which I would never spec and a sunroof for £99k at Porsche Solihull. That’s £24k more than I paid. That is insane.

There was also a base last week for £84k!!!!

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

According to Porsche finder there are 17 Gen3 S average price £76,644
8 GTS average price £89,939

This includes one “outlier” in the GTS group with a single car at £96k which is £6k more than next most expensive.

I would say that both variants are still well over list but GTS might make more sense as less over (on average) than the S but should retain more of its value as time goes on, as all of these cars are very low mileage.

FSL is correct re the Python green at Leicester which looks like it’s around £4.5k over current list?
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Jon A wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:47 pm According to Porsche finder there are 17 Gen3 S average price £76,644

This includes one “outlier” in the GTS group with a single car at £96k which is £6k more than next most expensive.

I would say that both variants are still well over list but GTS might make more sense as less over (on average) than the S but should retain more of its value as time goes on, as all of these cars are very low mileage.

FSL is correct re the Python green at Leicester which looks like it’s around £4.5k over current list?
Thanks for doing the calculations. So - if one wants a GTS now, the overs price can be £4k, assuming £500 off in negotiation.

My view: that's not a catastrophic mark up, but that's easy for me to say as I already have a GTS. But we only live once - and these are the last of the ICE cars - so it may (or may not) be worth going for it depending on your circumstances.

Tangentially, I think the Gen3 Python GTSs will hold their value better, like the 997.1 GT3RS did, but that's all speculation - and I have no evidence to support that.
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

FirstSeaLord wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:58 pm
Jon A wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:47 pm According to Porsche finder there are 17 Gen3 S average price £76,644

Thanks for doing the calculations. So - if one wants a GTS now, the overs price can be £4k, assuming £500 off in negotiation.

My view: that's not a catastrophic mark up, but that's easy for me to say as I already have a GTS. But we only live once - and these are the last of the ICE cars - so it may (or may not) be worth going for it depending on your circumstances.

Tangentially, I think the Gen3 Python GTSs will hold their value better, like the 997.1 GT3RS did, but that's all speculation - and I have no evidence to support that.
Plus presumably the saving of the thick end of £2k VED…
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I agree about the Python Gen III being quite sought after in the future. :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
shaunyt0

Post by shaunyt0 »

Wing Commander wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:20 pm

I agree about the Python Gen III being quite sought after in the future. :geek:
Well I hope so, although I think I will be keeping mine for quite a while, pick up day Friday, going to be a long week :roll:
Shaun T

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNGQ5LZ6

Current Python Green G3 GTS
Jaguar F Pace 300 Sport
Jaguar F Pace R Sport
Various Freelander's and Discovery's
Shivan

Post by Shivan »

Thanks again. I've tried to put the Python Green one in the configurator, but I get a very different answer! It still looks to me to be more than £15k over the price of a new one (I'm struggling to replicate the £4.5k difference - it's mostly just the GTS sport package coveraging several of the options on it, I think?). Anyway, I still haven't done the proper phone around, but the answers I'm getting so far are mostly very late '23 or early '24. I'm suspecting that the dealers don't need to do much with the price of the nearly new ones - there will be people who want their car now and are prepared to pay £15k+ for the privilege - completely understand that, but it's going to take me a bit of time to see if I can get used to that idea... the test will be if one much closer to my ideal spec comes up as to whether I would be prepared to suddenly go for it (I suspect I might be!) whilst still getting my £3k down and putting myself in a queue, probably with my local dealer if they're all much of a muchness in terms of lead time. I suspect the challenge will be that my ideal spec is probably the most common one i.e. muted colour such as Jet Black, Volcano Grey (I loved my VG Gen 1 GTS), Midnight Blue, possibly Crayon rather than the more exciting brighter colours, black leather interior (less of a fan of Race-tex), 14 ways rather than 18 ways and then I'm largely flexible after that. More thinking (and phoning!) to do!
pstrat

Post by pstrat »

Shivan wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:25 pm Thanks again. I've tried to put the Python Green one in the configurator, but I get a very different answer! It still looks to me to be more than £15k over the price of a new one (I'm struggling to replicate the £4.5k difference - it's mostly just the GTS sport package coveraging several of the options on it, I think?). Anyway, I still haven't done the proper phone around, but the answers I'm getting so far are mostly very late '23 or early '24. I'm suspecting that the dealers don't need to do much with the price of the nearly new ones - there will be people who want their car now and are prepared to pay £15k+ for the privilege - completely understand that, but it's going to take me a bit of time to see if I can get used to that idea... the test will be if one much closer to my ideal spec comes up as to whether I would be prepared to suddenly go for it (I suspect I might be!) whilst still getting my £3k down and putting myself in a queue, probably with my local dealer if they're all much of a muchness in terms of lead time. I suspect the challenge will be that my ideal spec is probably the most common one i.e. muted colour such as Jet Black, Volcano Grey (I loved my VG Gen 1 GTS), Midnight Blue, possibly Crayon rather than the more exciting brighter colours, black leather interior (less of a fan of Race-tex), 14 ways rather than 18 ways and then I'm largely flexible after that. More thinking (and phoning!) to do!
Like you say, if you don't pay the 2nd hand premium there isn't really a 'quick' way to a new car.

Get the deposit down then just bide your time. No harm phoning around and go from there.
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

I wouldnt be surprised if over the year people drop out/cancel their orders and you end up with one quicker than the estimate. Porsche may also get their factories running back up to speed also in that time as supply chains improve.

Best thing to do imo is put down your £3k deposit and get in line.

Or look elsewhere!
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

The thing to remember is that the current supply chain issues will ease and not last forever. It may be 6 months, maybe 18, but it will eventually go back to some sort of normal waiting time. When that happens, the certainty is that the "premium" paid by people who couldn't wait and bought second hand will immediately vanish from their car's value, and once the "normal" amount of depreciation is factored in, the overall cost of ownership will make the eyes water. This is the case with all second hand cars at the moment especially nearly new ones. If you have enough money that you simply don't care, fine go for the insanely priced second hand one. I, unfortunately, are not in that category and therefore cannot bring myself to pay these unsustainable prices only to take a massive hit in a couple of years time. If you want to be careful with your investment, order a new S, I think the delivery times will reduce over the next few months as they appear to now be filtering through. Also order a GTS and part ex the S when it arrives 12 months later or so. The S will not lose that much money over the first 12 months and you won't be losing the premium paid on the nearly new GTS.

That's my thinking anyway, only I will be doing it with the EV Macan if I like the look of it when it comes out. Otherwise the S will be a keeper for many many years.

S ordered 24.11.21 and expected delivery 24.09.22 - I think I got bumped in the waiting list!!!!