Quickest route to a Gen 3 GTS!

All your ordering information here!
Shivan

Post by Shivan »

Hi,
Having recently found that my Gen 1 GTS that I sold now ‘loves’ just around the corner from me, I’ve realised how much I miss my Macan. I only sold it as I was due to get my Gen 2 GTS a few days later but then heard the unfortunate news that there had been a massive delay in my new car, so I cancelled and ended up with an M340i. It’s allegedly quicker than my old Macan, but falls so, so far short in enjoyment and refinement.
So.. I want to get hold of a new Gen 3 GTS. I appreciate supply and demand, but paying £20k+ over list price for a six month old one that will ultimately drop in value and isn’t going to be to my perfect spec isn’t that appealing. But neither us waiting two years, which is what I was quoted by Tewkesbury Porsche. Any ideas beyond ringing around multiple dealers and finding which has the shortest lead time?
Thank you!

pmg

Post by pmg »

Shivan wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:51 pm Hi,
Having recently found that my Gen 1 GTS that I sold now ‘loves’ just around the corner from me, I’ve realised how much I miss my Macan. I only sold it as I was due to get my Gen 2 GTS a few days later but then heard the unfortunate news that there had been a massive delay in my new car, so I cancelled and ended up with an M340i. It’s allegedly quicker than my old Macan, but falls so, so far short in enjoyment and refinement.
So.. I want to get hold of a new Gen 3 GTS. I appreciate supply and demand, but paying £20k+ over list price for a six month old one that will ultimately drop in value and isn’t going to be to my perfect spec isn’t that appealing. But neither us waiting two years, which is what I was quoted by Tewkesbury Porsche. Any ideas beyond ringing around multiple dealers and finding which has the shortest lead time?
Thank you!
Reduce the time by going for a Gen3 S that has Gen2 GTS engine ;) ;)
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
TK421

Post by TK421 »

Ring around all the dealers. Drop a deposit on one and hope it comes in sooner or pay the premium on a new one in stock and hope to negotiate some discount. Genuinely believe the last macans won’t depreciate heavily if at all from rrp. I’d also suggest that due to the current EV software issues we could see the current Macan run on the product line a bit longer than planned. YMMV
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

The final Hurrah http://www.porsche-code.com/PRSB8KW7
martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

Quickest route to a gen 3 GTS is to pay a premium on nearly new one. I dont believe there is such thing as a shortest lead time beyond 18+ months
Macan GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDF6163
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!
Tyrrell

Post by Tyrrell »

Only chance would be spending the day on a phone ringing all the dealers hoping for a cancelled order, but it’s a long shot at best.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPYDQZL5
718 Spyder PTS arriving March 2023.
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

As mentioned above, and as shown in a recent video on YouTube and on this forum, the performance between the S and GTS is negligible. You could order an S, which has about half the delivery time, and just spec the same ( or similar ) for less money. If you really want the badge, you could always buy one and stick it on the back.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

If you do not want to pay over the odds and it must be new then multiple deposits with different OPC’s with each being in a different franchise is the way to go.

The first to deliver a build slot or a build slot following a cancellation wins the business.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

If you want similar performance, buy a Gen2 Turbo. It has the Gen3 GTS engine.
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
Shivan

Post by Shivan »

Thanks all. Appreciated. Some things for me to think about in there.
I’d love to get a nearly new one now and if the premium wasn’t so much, I think I would. But in some cases, I think it’s approaching £25k and that’s just too much to lose once the market stabilises in a year or two (fully accept Macans hold their value better than the vast vast majority of cars, but against rrp, not the temporarily inflated price).
I will look at the Gen 2 Turbo but I suspect I’ll find inflated prices there too. And I will try and spec out a Gen 3 S, but on that, there is something special about the GTS - looks, feel, options that I otherwise find hard to justify etc. But definitely worth configuring to see.
Ultimately, best case is a phone around the different franchises and hope for a shorter lead time - I’ve started this and I’m down to end 2023 delivery - will keep going!
Thanks again.
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

Shivan wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:22 pm Thanks all. Appreciated. Some things for me to think about in there.
I’d love to get a nearly new one now and if the premium wasn’t so much, I think I would. But in some cases, I think it’s approaching £25k and that’s just too much to lose once the market stabilises in a year or two (fully accept Macans hold their value better than the vast vast majority of cars, but against rrp, not the temporarily inflated price).
I will look at the Gen 2 Turbo but I suspect I’ll find inflated prices there too. And I will try and spec out a Gen 3 S, but on that, there is something special about the GTS - looks, feel, options that I otherwise find hard to justify etc. But definitely worth configuring to see.
Ultimately, best case is a phone around the different franchises and hope for a shorter lead time - I’ve started this and I’m down to end 2023 delivery - will keep going!
Thanks again.

You might find Nick Murray’s YouTube video comparison of the S vs GTS interesting.

If you ring round and find an OPC that gives a shorter lead time in a GTS, you will have to decide how much credence you give to it (unless you are lucky enough to chance upon a cancelled order). The lead times they give are generally only estimates.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman