Which seats?!

All your ordering information here!
estymasko

Post by estymasko »

Going into my OPC on Wednesday to finalise my spec and I think I've made up my mind on everything EXCEPT the seats! Of course I will check out the different seats and finishes on Wednesday (if they have cars around for me to view, that is) but hoping I can get some thoughts from the forum.

I'd only like to spend around £1k on seat options. I'm torn between the standard 8-way seats but with the leather interior (£1,094) or the 18-way sports seats (£1,128).

I'm not interested in the 14-ways at all as my decision is based on aesthetics. I'm 5ft 3" and slim so the extra support of the 14-ways over the 8-ways isn't required. I will also be the only driver of the car, so the memory package doesn't factor into my decision either.

I love how the 18-ways look as they do add that sporty feel to the car, however I wouldn't be adding the leather upgrade so the top of the dashboard, centre console lid etc will remain standard which I do think looks cheap. The 8-way seats aren't as aesthetically pleasing, but overall the cabin would be much nicer as I'd have the added leather to the aforementioned areas.

So what do I pick?! Why are the seats the hardest option to spec :(
2024 Porsche Taycan 4S sport turismo
2022 Porsche Macan S
2022 Audi S5 Sportback
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman
2016 Audi TT

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

The seats are not the hardest to spec.

Drive a Macan with each then decide which is the most comfortable for you.

Aesthetics should not really come into it, being comfortable when you are driving is 100% vastly more important than how the seats look.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

If you are choosing seats on how they look, you run the risk of making a serious mistake. 18w May be ok for you but you will be climbing over the bolsters and they will crease. They will offer excellent support in spirited driving though.
I tried them and ruled them out after 30 seconds and went 14w which I love. The 8w are the same seat as 14w without lumbar or extending under thigh bolsters.
I have extended leather which is great but would always have at least the dashboard etc in leather for this level of car - not all will agree and seat choice is always devisive but should ALWAYS be based on your requirements for comfort and support I think
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Agree with both Col and Jon!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
estymasko

Post by estymasko »

Jon A wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:51 pm If you are choosing seats on how they look, you run the risk of making a serious mistake. 18w May be ok for you but you will be climbing over the bolsters and they will crease. They will offer excellent support in spirited driving though.
I tried them and ruled them out after 30 seconds and went 14w which I love. The 8w are the same seat as 14w without lumbar or extending under thigh bolsters.
I have extended leather which is great but would always have at least the dashboard etc in leather for this level of car - not all will agree and seat choice is always devisive but should ALWAYS be based on your requirements for comfort and support I think
I've read a lot about the 18-ways looking worn over time due to the bolsters creasing so that's something I'm bearing in mind. I think I'm mostly leaning toward the 8-ways with leather as I do feel the car needs some leather finishing to the cabin, but those 18-ways just look so good! I'm really hoping my OPC has each seat style available to test in their cars when I go in next week as it's impossible to decide based on the configurator alone :?
2024 Porsche Taycan 4S sport turismo
2022 Porsche Macan S
2022 Audi S5 Sportback
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman
2016 Audi TT
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

estymasko wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:08 pm .... I will also be the only driver of the car, so the memory package doesn't factor into my decision either......
Don't discount it completely. The memory package also pushes the seat back when you get out and restores your specific seat position when you get in. A nice feature.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS4LDHS7
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I have had 8-way in both an SD and now my GTS. I find them superbly comfortable. My preference is the Alcantara (now Race Tex) centres. Warm in winter; cooler in summer - compared to the all leather finish.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

18 way look marginally better. Had a few loaners and demos with them. Look great but there’s no way I could live with the bolsters and the firmer cushioning. Drove on the PEC race track with 14 ways and never once felt I wasn’t supported by the seats. However, seats are completely personal taste. The price difference is marginal. I’ve always had sport seats but VERY glad I didn’t get them on the Macan.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I’ve driven with both 18 and 14 way. Never driven one with the 8 ways.

I thought the 18s were good until I experienced the 14s which are my chosen preference.
Macan S MY 2023
alians1109

Post by alians1109 »

I got the 18 ways after a test drive with them and I have to say I think they are fantastic. I'm quite slim (or so I like to think ;-) ) and they just hold you in brilliantly. So comfy too.

As many others have said you really need to try them. If you are in any doubt PM me and I can meet you so you can try them out in my car (as I know we're only about 60 miles apart ..
Macan S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNXGPN66
Miami|Bl Lthr|Pano|Blk Rails|Blades ext. clr|Model matt blk|Air|Sports Chrono|Blk T/pipes|75l|21" Spyder (satin blk)|18" spare|Tinted Tailights|Privacy|ParkAssist|LCA|18w|GT Race tex wheel|Bose