Changes to spec???

All your ordering information here!
london2799

Post by london2799 »

So.. I put my deposit for an S down in Nov 21. 3-4 emails in nov-feb chasing up and submitting a new code for changes to spec. Constantly reassured ‘’ no need to resubmit right now, will have time once build allocation comes through’

Chasing up every 2 months - orders are delayed etc etc.

Then yesterday, get a vm from the sales rep. Congrats we have a a lot for sept delivery. Great I think. I call him..no rely. He sends a doc to sign with the original spec in nov (which i has already sent an amended spec/ code). His response - no changes are possible now.

My question. WTF…

BanZ

Post by BanZ »

london2799 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:46 am So.. I put my deposit for an S down in Nov 21. 3-4 emails in nov-feb chasing up and submitting a new code for changes to spec. Constantly reassured ‘’ no need to resubmit right now, will have time once build allocation comes through’

Chasing up every 2 months - orders are delayed etc etc.

Then yesterday, get a vm from the sales rep. Congrats we have a a lot for sept delivery. Great I think. I call him..no rely. He sends a doc to sign with the original spec in nov (which i has already sent an amended spec/ code). His response - no changes are possible now.

My question. WTF…
Is he saying your spec has locked? If it has I’d expect your build to start in about 4 weeks. Ask him for a screenshot of their ordering system so you can see the order status code for yourself. They may say they can’t share but I had several screenshots shared when I ordered. Which OPC?
Nella

Post by Nella »

Contact OPC Sales Manager and if no joy Porsche GB. How different is your desired spec?
london2799

Post by london2799 »

Thanks - will escalate to manager/ GB. Sales rep has gone silent now. In any case no way am I signing the agreement with the unwanted spec

(spec has changed - exterior colour). Had emailed him about this 2 times a number of months ago. Astonishing service..

OPC is east london..
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

This happened to a member on here in May, except his actually turned up with the wrong spec. Needless to say he rejected the car but in fairness to Nottingham OPC, they miraculously found him another build slot for July and he is sorted.
Wrong on so many levels. Make sure you have copies of all correspondence and get the dealer principle involved 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

london2799 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:23 pm Thanks - will escalate to manager/ GB. Sales rep has gone silent now. In any case no way am I signing the agreement with the unwanted spec

(spec has changed - exterior colour). Had emailed him about this 2 times a number of months ago. Astonishing service..

OPC is east london..
Good luck - let us know how things pan out, as Jon stated there have been lots of examples of poor management by sales reps so if you encounter more problems hopefully someone on the forum can help you with advice when they’ve been through the same thing.
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

I ordered an S back in Nov 21 from OPC East London and have been given a September delivery date. I too had radio silence for many months despite my constant calling them for updates. I did, however, get a call about 5 weeks ago giving me the heads up on my forthcoming lock in date which was about three weeks ago. I presume this was about the same time for you too. I dealt with Nasir who was very good and patient with finalising my spec. I can only think your lock in date has slipped through the net somehow and this is simply not good enough.

I hope you get it sorted without too much further delay, and do keep us posted on here.

Good luck!
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

london2799 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:23 pm Thanks - will escalate to manager/ GB. Sales rep has gone silent now. In any case no way am I signing the agreement with the unwanted spec

OPC is east london..
What’s the name of your SE in East London?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
GTB

Post by GTB »

London2799,

Thats a poor show by the SE, Totally agree with others, take all your paperwork, copies of emails and have the OPC Dealer Principal sort out to your satisfaction, you should have been told when your lockdown date was in advance and then written confirmation of exactly what the build was to be including all the changes you had made to the spec.

I feel your pain, the "joy" in purchasing your Porsche now been destroyed by this SE.

Hope it all works out for you.

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

There is zero need to ever supply a build code until you are offered a build slot.

It is always best to say in writing and verbally that you can supply your code by return once the build date is offered even if an earlier build becomes available.

Good Luck getting your problem sorted.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags