Gentian GTS - First Porsche

Post pictures of your Macan here!
pstrat

Post by pstrat »

Alas, i don't think i could persuade the Mrs to spend that money on what she would call "cleaning the car" hahaha.

I'd like to do the ceramic coating but going to get that done post delivery. Will do my research and roll into my chosen vendor. Ceramic seems like the best of both worlds.

pmg

Post by pmg »

GTB, bearing in mind the issues others have had with Gen 3 Macans, have you got operating live traffic info?
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
GTB

Post by GTB »

pmg wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:02 am GTB, bearing in mind the issues others have had with Gen 3 Macans, have you got operating live traffic info?
Morning PMG,

I certainly think the onboard sat nav is doing something for sure. Driving down from Loch Lomond to Essex on Tuesday a number of times the PCM made a chime noise and a little road work or incident icon came up on pressing the button then indicated say A66 slow traffic one mile as right hand lane closed for example. Overall across the seven hour drive maybe had eight of those come up and most disappeared over time. When I went into each incident PCM drop down Then gave me options to reroute. What I didn’t see was any green, amber red lines along the indicated route that I always had on live traffic in my previous Mercs. To be honest PMG I’m not 100% sure it is fully functioning live traffic info, but that said the PCM is exchanging data in real time with some server somewhere or else those messages would not come up. Likely my inexperience of Porsche plays a part in this. I’m happy to take a pic of the PCM screen when I head back north tomorrow and post especially if there is a icon/symbol that is displayed to say live traffic working. On my Mercedes’ dead simple two big words in white at bottom of screen “Live Traffic” indicated system working ok.

Cheers GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
pmg

Post by pmg »

GTB wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:29 am
pmg wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:02 am GTB, bearing in mind the issues others have had with Gen 3 Macans, have you got operating live traffic info?
Morning PMG,

I certainly think the onboard sat nav is doing something for sure. Driving down from Loch Lomond to Essex on Tuesday a number of times the PCM made a chime noise and a little road work or incident icon came up on pressing the button then indicated say A66 slow traffic one mile as right hand lane closed for example. Overall across the seven hour drive maybe had eight of those come up and most disappeared over time. When I went into each incident PCM drop down Then gave me options to reroute. What I didn’t see was any green, amber red lines along the indicated route that I always had on live traffic in my previous Mercs. To be honest PMG I’m not 100% sure it is fully functioning live traffic info, but that said the PCM is exchanging data in real time with some server somewhere or else those messages would not come up. Likely my inexperience of Porsche plays a part in this. I’m happy to take a pic of the PCM screen when I head back north tomorrow and post especially if there is a icon/symbol that is displayed to say live traffic working. On my Mercedes’ dead simple two big words in white at bottom of screen “Live Traffic” indicated system working ok.

Cheers GTB
Thanks sounds like it is working ok. i take as an indication whether green, orange or red or is showing on the route but this can depend on what scale of map you are looking at, the lower the distance showing the greater the chance of traffic colours showing
New User

Post by New User »

Looks to me like it is TMC only. On the top status line the equivalent of the Merc 'Live Traffic' label is a small globe logo on its own or linked with the traffic triangle. Mine doesn't have it.
pmg

Post by pmg »

New User wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:37 pm Looks to me like it is TMC only. On the top status line the equivalent of the Merc 'Live Traffic' label is a small globe logo on its own or linked with the traffic triangle. Mine doesn't have it.
I certainly have the small globe and traffic triangle on my Gen2 with working live traffic
GTB

Post by GTB »

Afternoon All,

So a drive back home yesterday from Essex, up the M11, A1M, A19 to Middlesborough to pick up my son who is coming home for a long weekend as he is on a university work placement, then A66 and M6, M74, M8, A82 To home near Loch Lomond, I'm starting to get used to the car a little bit as now just slightly over 1000 miles on the car having colleceted it last Monday! I must admit found the ACC very good and really impressed with that system, although as car still being run in, didnt keep it on ACC all the time and varied speed, again havent really went over 2000rpm. I can tell though the power waiting to be released in the future should circumstances permit.

So with sat nav set before leaving Essex yesterday, certainly no globe at all on top of the PCM screen. On four occassions the traffic alert little triangle came up, and said (as experienced going south on Tuesday) indicated lane closed etc, even an accident on the A1M North near Skellow, all message said was it would add +20Min onto my route, didnt see anything offerring me alternative route nor indeed taking me off A1M before I got there! so yes stuck in the slow moving traffic. Couple of occassions a voice alert did come on indicating " Warning - Sationary traffic queue ahead"!!! so for now at a loss exactly what system is picking up and telling me this, is it "Live Traffic" ? Im not so sure, certainly no Red, Amber or Green highlights on the road detail on the PCM.

Booked in to OPC on Wednesday as the onboard SIM isnt activated as I found out much to my annoyance that data connection has been thru SIM on my phone. So will ask the questions on "Live Traffic" and to try and get them to confirm it is indeed working the way it should or I think it should.

I did see at least six other Macans driving North yesterday, so if one of them was a forum member then "Hello".

GTB

(P.S, Car is not as clean now as shown earlier in the week on collection)
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Just out of interest, how have you set up satnav in PCM. On both Gen 1 and Gen 2 you need to have set the system into "dynamic" before it will offer alternative routes.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
GTB

Post by GTB »

On-Track wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:11 pm Just out of interest, how have you set up satnav in PCM. On both Gen 1 and Gen 2 you need to have set the system into "dynamic" before it will offer alternative routes.
Hi On-Track,

Yes, The "Dynamic" mode is activated in the Nav settings drop down menu.

GTB
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

GTB wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:12 pm Afternoon All,
So with sat nav set before leaving Essex yesterday, certainly no globe at all on top of the PCM screen. On four occassions the traffic alert little triangle came up, and said (as experienced going south on Tuesday) indicated lane closed etc, even an accident on the A1M North near Skellow, all message said was it would add +20Min onto my route, didnt see anything offerring me alternative route nor indeed taking me off A1M before I got there! so yes stuck in the slow moving traffic. Couple of occassions a voice alert did come on indicating " Warning - Sationary traffic queue ahead"!!! so for now at a loss exactly what system is picking up and telling me this, is it "Live Traffic" ? Im not so sure, certainly no Red, Amber or Green highlights on the road detail on the PCM.

Booked in to OPC on Wednesday as the onboard SIM isnt activated as I found out much to my annoyance that data connection has been thru SIM on my phone. So will ask the questions on "Live Traffic" and to try and get them to confirm it is indeed working the way it should or I think it should.
That will be the reason you don't have live traffic info (setting aside the problems some Macan III owners are having, which apparently is with Porsche to fix). Are you able to log in to the Porsche Connect Store? There you should be able to see your car and your Active Services, which should include Navigation and Infotainment Services. This should have been set up by your OPC prior to collection.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA