Gentian GTS - First Porsche

Post pictures of your Macan here!
GTB

Post by GTB »

Evening All,

Thanks to all the forum members that very kindly indicated their good wishes and positive comments about my new car, very much appreaciated. You never know, you may just see me or more critically the car as I drive across the country for my buisness, be sure to give me a wave!

Will post up more pictures, for sure.

Thanks All.

Regards GTB (Gareth)
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0

GTB

Post by GTB »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:27 pm Congrats, GTB! Very smart!

Am liking the wheels. Are they two-tone?

Look forward to more pics! :)
Evening Simon,

Too be honest Im not really sure, when I look at them closely appear to be the same, but the "flat" surface appears lighter for sure. On the configurator they were code 55Y "21 - Inch Exclusive Design Sport Wheels in Platinum" and an extra £387 ex vat extra on my build. Reason I chose them, I personally dont like black/dark coloured wheels and I thought these would lift and lighten up the Gentian Blue colour especially when light levels are low, or being based in Scotland its never that bright so those colour wheels I really thought and they have brightened up the car, also very easy or will be easy to wash with big flat surfaces.

Thanks GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
GTB

Post by GTB »

New User wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:19 am Great looking car and very glossy paint! Congrats and enjoy 😎
Thanks New User,

Ok, handover room does have lots of spotlights, but I had organised that on delivery to the OPC the car went to a local detailer for a new car clean plus they carried out an "xpel" PPF prep and fitting to the bonnet, front wings, front bumper,lights,mirrors,side sills and rear wheel arch & boot strip loading area. The rest of the car had a GTechnic CSL ceramic coating applied so ten year warranty on the PPF and apparanetly 5yr for the ceramic. The detailer from reviews and examples of the work knows his stuff, so I dealt with him direct and he delivered car back to OPC in time for my handover.

I think as per your kind comments that paint protection work and detailing showed through in the pictures and maybe saves me some hassle in teh future keeping the cars paintwork looking good.

Cheers GTB
GTB

Post by GTB »

Tracky wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:31 am Looks fabs

enjoy

PS don't eat the biscuits in the car - we can't have crumbs on day one !
Tracky!!

Very well spotted, and no crumbs were left in the car!!

Now the real mystery is!! was that little packet of biscuits deliberately left by the OPC,and as such I should have listed under the official "Freebies" handed over by the OPC? Or were they inadvertently left in there by one of the mechanics, SE's or one of the detailers?

I will never know. What I can tell you and do know, was they tasted lovely washed down with a nice cup of tea when I got home.

Cheers GTB
alians1109

Post by alians1109 »

GTB wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:19 pm

enjoy

Tracky!!

Now the real mystery is!! was that little packet of biscuits deliberately left by the OPC,and as such I should have listed under the official "Freebies" handed over by the OPC? Or were they inadvertently left in there by one of the mechanics, SE's or one of the detailers?

I will never know. What I can tell you and do know, was they tasted lovely washed down with a nice cup of tea when I got home.

Cheers GTB
I think it was Callum that left the biscuits as I was left some too inside his info pack 😀
Macan S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNXGPN66
Miami|Bl Lthr|Pano|Blk Rails|Blades ext. clr|Model matt blk|Air|Sports Chrono|Blk T/pipes|75l|21" Spyder (satin blk)|18" spare|Tinted Tailights|Privacy|ParkAssist|LCA|18w|GT Race tex wheel|Bose
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

GTB wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:19 pm

enjoy

Tracky!!

Cheers GTB
Ha ha

Even the freebies you’ve paid for somewhere…

I had to take one of my colleagues to the OPC while something quick(ish) was done to our Macan really as it was on route to a meeting we were going to.

They sorted out a desk for her and arranged for her to have a cup of tea in a China teapot and cup along with some nice breakfast ancillaries - she was very impressed but I reminded her that I had paid for it somehow!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Looks really nice, I do like Gentian.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
New User

Post by New User »

That PPF detail can't have been cheap. My new car detail including single stage polish, interior protection and wheels off and full coating with 2 coat Titan Ceramic came to £850. Think PPF added about 1.5-2k on top depending on coverage so I passed on it as I was more interested in easy cleaning than protection against stone chips.
GTB

Post by GTB »

New User wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:45 am That PPF detail can't have been cheap. My new car detail including single stage polish, interior protection and wheels off and full coating with 2 coat Titan Ceramic came to £850. Think PPF added about 1.5-2k on top depending on coverage so I passed on it as I was more interested in easy cleaning than protection against stone chips.
New User

Your are not far off, the whole package was £2,700. That also included interior treatment, glass coating and rim coating as well, priced as a single package I saved on paper approx £300 when I priced up items individually. Car was at the detailers for four full days. I know it’s a lot of further money but I will have the car at least three years for me it was a good investment. But I respect others views and choices that think treatments not needed. I think to PPF the full car was approx 4k.

Think when I saw the car and driving it this week it has enhanced the standard factory paint treatment, or what the OPC staff may have done in preparing the car.

Cheers GTB
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

GTB wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:37 am
New User wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:45 am That PPF detail can't have been cheap. My new car detail including single stage polish, interior protection and wheels off and full coating with 2 coat Titan Ceramic came to £850. Think PPF added about 1.5-2k on top depending on coverage so I passed on it as I was more interested in easy cleaning than protection against stone chips.
New User

Your are not far off, the whole package was £2,700. That also included interior treatment, glass coating and rim coating as well, priced as a single package I saved on paper approx £300 when I priced up items individually. Car was at the retailers for four full days. I know it’s a lot of further money but I will have the car at least three years for me it was a good investment. But I respect others views and choices that think treatments not needed. I think to PPF the full car was approx 4k.

Think when I saw the car and driving it this week it has enhanced the standard factory paint treatment, or what the OPC staff may have done in preparing the car.

Cheers GTB
I also had full ceramic (Gtechniq) plus leather, glass and wheels but also front end PPF at a similar sort of price. The coating has made a huge difference not just in terms of ease of cleaning but the shine of the paint afterwards and for much longer between cleans.
Jury is still out on the PPF and not entirely sure it was worth the outlay. Obviously it protects from stone chips but it can also show tiny “scars” in the film - very small but not entirely convinced they will “self repair” as advertised, but time will tell. 🤔
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0