Sport button function

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
gmacan

Post by gmacan »

Quick question for y'all, guys.

Am wondering if anyone knows whether or not the Sport button function can be retrofitted to be one of the choices on the steering wheel diamond button? (Gen I, petrol S).
Just a software patch in the MFD, I would imagine? :geek:
Both buttons are simply push to engage so that wouldn't be a barrier.
That circular lump that's stuck on the steering column in the newer models is just so 'bolt-on', altho I guess it's positioned that way to be a good place for the right-hand thumb?? :D
Macan S, MY16 64k mls, dechromed, PASM, BiXenons, PDLS+, heated 18way sports hardbacks, 20" SportDesign rims/PZeroNeros.
Ex:
Alfa Brera S Prodrive
Porsche 911 C4 factory-lowered(M033)
Porsche968 Sport
Audi S4 quattro Avant biturbo
325iTouring, 528SE

Makanik

Post by Makanik »

gmacan wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:16 pm Quick question for y'all, guys.

Am wondering if anyone knows whether or not the Sport button function can be retrofitted to be one of the choices on the steering wheel diamond button? (Gen I, petrol S).
Just a software patch in the MFD, I would imagine? :geek:
Both buttons are simply push to engage so that wouldn't be a barrier.
That circular lump that's stuck on the steering column in the newer models is just so 'bolt-on', altho I guess it's positioned that way to be a good place for the right-hand thumb?? :D

I would doubt it. No harm in asking an OPC, but I’ve never heard of anyone doing this in this forum.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I only really use the sport button for fast overtakes and would like if it was in a more convenient place.
Jim S

Post by Jim S »

ScotMac wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:36 pm I only really use the sport button for fast overtakes and would like if it was in a more convenient place.

I totally agree with you, it’s not in a very good position to adjust without moving your hand from where you really want to be keeping it.

Jim
gmacan

Post by gmacan »

Me too, hence the reason for posting this.

It would be more quick-fire, easy to reach and way safer too as you wouldn't even need to take your eyes off the road.

@Makanik - yes, I doubt it too, ultimately, but am going in to an OPC before Sept so will be asking there too, just thought I'd ask here first to see if anyone knew of the possibility.
Macan S, MY16 64k mls, dechromed, PASM, BiXenons, PDLS+, heated 18way sports hardbacks, 20" SportDesign rims/PZeroNeros.
Ex:
Alfa Brera S Prodrive
Porsche 911 C4 factory-lowered(M033)
Porsche968 Sport
Audi S4 quattro Avant biturbo
325iTouring, 528SE
pmg

Post by pmg »

And one pf those reasons why adding sports chrono to Gen2 and Gen3 cars so worthwhile. ;) ;) ;)
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8