Nearly Ready to order a Macan…

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Quintonside

Post by Quintonside »

Hi Newbie here

I’m almost ready to get in an order on a Macan, although I’ve still not decided on base, T or S.

I’ve spoken to quite a few OPC about the process and wait times etc. and also had the various quotes shared with me.

One of my issues is that to get the price where I want it to be, I’m not speccing at all, literally colour choice and tinted windows on the ‘S’. Would that be a silly move on my part? One OPC, more or less said I’d struggle to get a build allocation with that spec and I’ll keep getting bumped down the queue. They basically said they expect every car to have pan roof, Bose and leather.

They are a few options I wouldn’t mind, but I’m really not fussed on BOSE ( id expect the standard to be sufficient) and not really fused either on the pan roof.

If I went for the Base Macan, I’d 100% upgrade wheels!

Just looking from some thoughts of people that have been there done it, rather than just SE’s.

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

In your scenario, I might go for the T in a nice colour and a couple of essentials of your choice. The V6 is a seriously good engine but the T is no slouch and you get plenty of extras with it.
I didn’t spec Bose either and have zero regrets. The standard system has taken a little time to bed in but sounds great now.
Not sure about what an OPC “expects” as you are buying the car not them! 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Joe390

Post by Joe390 »

We didn’t opt for Bose on our S - as Jon said, standard system is fine. Didn’t go leather either but did get the 14 way seats which come fully in leather. I’d say would be worth sitting in a Macan with and without the 14 way as there is a big difference.
Pan roof is subjective but most people do recommend it. We’ve got it on ours but mainly as the kids love looking out.
Ultimately it’s up to you an options - OPCs will always try to push you for more options. Either way, they would still be able to sell your car should you ever decide to trade in/come to the end of a PCP deal.
New User

Post by New User »

In your scenario I would go for the T as it has a good number of options included compared to the base.

I didn't order Bose or Pan Roof on my S and was not bumped down the allocation list as far as I know. Std audio is actually very good but has no surround sound mode (not a big loss in my experience from having had it in hifi systems in BMW 5 Series/X3s).

I have a very light interior colour so didn't need the extra light from the roof. Apart from the cost saving it gains a bit more headroom in the rear and reduced maintenance worries with leaks etc. However if I had a black interior with privacy glass I would probably have specced it to lighten up the interior.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

With comments like that I would avoid particular OPC. I don’t have BOSE in my GTS, agree though that many want a pan roof but it’s your car get what you want. Also if your not bothered by extra power with the “S” I’d suggest go for the “T”
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Another for the “I didn’t get BOSE” train. I would VERY STRONGLY recommend you try a different OPC as they are definitely not all created equal, and some can be pretty bad. I would suggest that the SE may be getting more commission on selling the T for some reason and os thinking more about that than giving you accurate information. I will say that from people I have spoken to they do seem to be able to shift the T quicker than other models though

Aesthetically they look almost identical, inside and out, and only Porsche nerds would be able to tell the difference. Personally I would ( and did ) choose the S because the drive, to me, is more luxurious as the engine is smoother and has significantly more Torque ( and doesn’t come out of a VW Golf ). But you will get a lot more “stuff” on the T.

Look at it this way, you’ll be happy whichever way you go. But don’t let the OPC make the decision for you, certainly not by telling you porkies about build slots.
Deleted User 4788

Post by Deleted User 4788 »

One of the features Ive used more than any other is Surround View on Parking sensors. Pan Roof also very good
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

Ignore any “expectations” from the OPC and specify what you want. Or maybe try a different OPC.

With your budget, I would tend to go for the Base, so you then have some room to configure the car to your own requirements.

Or possibly the S, for the better engine (accepting that you then have minimal options). This would probably be the best option in terms of future depreciation.

I wouldn’t go for the T, since this would leave you with neither the better engine, nor room for much configuration.

Lead times are likely to be shorter on the T and Base, compared to the S.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I’d be looking to another dealer…
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

My Gen 2 S has minimal options. Definitely no £££ spent on Bose, Leather and Pan Roof. Ignore the salesman and just order the car that you want. I would recommend the surround camera, though. It could save you a lot of money on damage when parking. I can’t see the point of privacy glass – delete it to save £333.

I went on the configurator to check current option prices. Panroof plus Bose is exactly £2k. Leather varies depending on exactly what you spec but could easily end up £1k to £2k.
Your car will be worth less at trade-in time than those with these options but you’re starting with the advantage of having spent £3k to £4k less initially.

As for Base vs T vs S, the V6 in the S will make every journey special and is worth the small cost increment.
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)