Macan EV

All Porsche Macan Electric Related Discussion
Rigger

Post by Rigger »

My OPC wouldn’t accept a deposit as they said they could not take money for a vehicle that can’t be ordered yet. Seems fair to me. They did say they would add my name to the contact list so that they will contact me when orders are taken…..
2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris

Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

BanZ wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:06 pm
THHGTTG wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:16 pm
Skyway wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:12 pm Based on other manufacturers I’d be surprised if the base price of this car is below £75K
It’ll be the new top of the range, replacing the Turbo and pushing the GTS down a rung. Its why they didn’t do a new Turbo. I suspect it may even be badged as Turbo like the Tycan. So I think a starting price of £75k seems about right.

I also think it will be their biggest selling car.
Is this actually confirmed? I saw someone else on the forum state this but haven’t seen that info from Porsche directly?
No, definitely not. Just me speculating, so likely horrifically wrong.
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

What the hell is taking them so long to design and build a car - dissapointing
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

It usually takes about four years from drawing board to first production model.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Fairynuff wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:47 am What the hell is taking them so long to design and build a car - dissapointing
They have proved they are 'not very good' with digital media - witness the poor execution of Connect and Connect Plus etc. Also the (significant) number of Taycan that are being 'upgraded' in the software department in various OPC around the country.

Porsche is an ICE and chassis perfection company. Digital? MEh, not so much......
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

I would like to be at the front of the queue!

I presume when orders are open each dealer is allocated ‘x’ number of cars each month? Do we know if that is correct and if all dealers are allocated the same number or do some get allocated more and some get less.
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

The two dealers nearest me . . . one is taking (refundable) deposits and the other is keeping alist of those with 'intent'.

I am asking myself . . . . . If I pay one a deposit would that get me nearer the front of the queue but then what happens if the other could get me an ealrier build date
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Fairynuff wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:47 am The two dealers nearest me . . . one is taking (refundable) deposits and the other is keeping alist of those with 'intent'.

I am asking myself . . . . . If I pay one a deposit would that get me nearer the front of the queue but then what happens if the other could get me an ealrier build date
Go with both you will get a deposit refund any time before freeze date.

My SE said the current plan is to release demonstrators in Oct 23. Full production Q1 24.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Fairynuff wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:47 am The two dealers nearest me . . . one is taking (refundable) deposits and the other is keeping alist of those with 'intent'.
The dealer with the 'intent' list has got 150 on the list which is ridiculous . . . if every dealer has 150 on the waiting list there will me more Macan EV's on the road that Teslas
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

It will be VERY popular........... Mules have been a bit 'marmite' though. Frameless glass on an SUV? Headlight arrangement.........each to their own.

Wouldn't it be boring if we all liked the same things..........
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'