18 way seats - 24 hr to lock in - Help!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:47 pm There is a big difference in comfort especially if you have back issues.

You will probably find that the 8 way are very similar to the 18 way overall but the 8 way have a very flat back and very, very limited adjustment.

18 way are snug for a person built slim to medium, any larger and you sit on them and not in them.

For me the 14 way are far more comfortable, especially on long journeys as there is squirm room for ones rear, this is severely lacking in an 18 way where the extra 4 ways are just the bolster adjustments.

In both 14 and 18 way I find the 4 way lumber adjustment and the fore and aft squab adjustment great to enable fine tuning of comfort.

I would always vote for the 14 way.
I have back issues, got 18 ways and done almost 6 hours without a break, no issues with 18 ways AT ALL personally.

I'm 5ft 10' and just under 14 stone (that's a lie, crept over 14 after 2 weeks in Vegas :cry:).

I can't comment on any of the other seats cause I've never sat in them, but imo, 18 ways are comfortable.

I believe if you have seat COOLING then the seat base is firmer and this is what many complain about.

Side bolsters on the 18 ways do make the seats a little awkward to get into and out of, but the actual seat is fine.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)

BanZ

Post by BanZ »

I’ll just confuse things even more by saying I have a gen3 S with 8 way seats and they are super comfortable to the point where I don’t know why you need anything else? I’ve had the car over 6months and done 4000 miles of varying lengths and I can’t fault them. Seats are personal though. If you have sat in one and it feels good I’d recommend picking those!
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Forget everyone's personal opinion because we're all different. Let's get back to basics. If you like to throw a car through the bends get sports, if not get comfort.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

14 way seats in my opinion are very comfortable, the 18 way I found not so comfortable, I found the higher side bolsters very intrusive, and herder to exit. I am 6’4” and weigh 14 st.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:40 pm Forget everyone's personal opinion because we're all different. Let's get back to basics. If you like to throw a car through the bends get sports, if not get comfort.
I’m not…… ( sorry, had to be said ). 😊

The Macan I drove at the PEC had 14 ways and at no time did I feel anything other than firmly supported and there was some top-level hooning going on there. The instructor said he’d never choose the sport seats in a Macan as he also felt they were unnecessary and less comfortable. So I don’t think its about hooning or not hooning, its more about personal preference. So the answer can only ever be right or wrong “for you”. Unless of course you choose the 18 way sport seats, then you’re just plain wrong 😊 (joking).
Last edited by Deleted User 4752 on Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 4752

So, HertsMacan, are we helping yet? 😊
PowerMalc

Post by PowerMalc »

You could always compromise and look for 16 way seats :lol:
https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PPHDBG45
Macan S ordered 14-1-22 Gentian, extended Mojave, Walnut, Air, sunroof, 14 way, ACC, LCA, keyfree, surround, spare, HFW, PS+, PDLS+, Heated wheel, rear airbags, autodim, vented seats
Deleted User 4752

PowerMalc wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:28 pm You could always compromise and look for 16 way seats :lol:
Or 18 way and a cushion…
Benp

Post by Benp »

Does anyone know what exactly is "adaptive" about the 18 way seats? Do they just mean you can adjust them (which surely all seats do?) or do the bolsters adapt as you drive? A friend of mine had an M5 where the seats would stiffen up to give greater support as you went round corners
Deleted User 4752

Benp wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:32 pm Does anyone know what exactly is "adaptive" about the 18 way seats? Do they just mean you can adjust them (which surely all seats do?) or do the bolsters adapt as you drive? A friend of mine had an M5 where the seats would stiffen up to give greater support as you went round corners
They’re regular seats, just with loads of buttons