18 way seats - 24 hr to lock in - Help!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
penport

Post by penport »

SAC1 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:13 pm I am a very similar size to you and the 8-way GTS seats in my Gen2 are just right for me. I find them very comfortable, even on a 3 hour non-stop trip. They hold you well and are very supportive. I've had no problem with ingress and egress. The bolsters are still like new after 2 years use. I have the Alcantara seat centres - warm in winter / cool in summer. I'm a big fan of these over the all leather seats.

Your OPC should be able to confirm if there is any difference in the seat frame dimensions. I would doubt that there isa ny difference.
+1 for this. I went from 18way Gen1 to 8way GTS Gen1 and found the 8 way a lot more comfortable all round. The squab especially on the 18way was too deep for me.
I'm 5ft8 and 42in chest

Unfortunately there's no substitute for spending time (at least a couple of hours if possible) in both as down to personal preference / body shape.

The best seats I ever had were in my Saabs 900/93 - designed by an osteopath
MY18 Macan GTS Volcano ACC, PAS, Air, PASM, PSP, PSE, Bose, PDLS+, carbon heated steering wheel
2015 Macan S Sapphire PSE, PSP, PASM, K&N [sold but not forgotten]

HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Many thanks for all the advice. I went back to OPC today and managed to get a further 45 minute drive in the 18 ways. I liked them and have gone for them on my locked in spec. They are snug and will take some getting used to, but i liked the feel and think they look better with a nicer pattern than 14 way. Only time will tell if that was a right decision.

Also caved in and went for the partial leather, what started off 15 months ago as £60K max has come to £71K!!! That's Porsche for you!

Expected delivery mid to end September but wont hold my breath. Nothing I can do now but wait - getting excited for my first Porsche.
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

HertsMacan wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:32 pm Many thanks for all the advice. I went back to OPC today and managed to get a further 45 minute drive in the 18 ways. I liked them and have gone for them on my locked in spec. They are snug and will take some getting used to, but i liked the feel and think they look better with a nicer pattern than 14 way. Only time will tell if that was a right decision.

Also caved in and went for the partial leather, what started off 15 months ago as £60K max has come to £71K!!! That's Porsche for you!

Expected delivery mid to end September but wont hold my breath. Nothing I can do now but wait - getting excited for my first Porsche.
I’m sure they will be the right seats for you. I have the 14 ways and agree the 18 ways look better. Seats are the one thing that definitely need a lot of testing to determine what’s best for you and there is absolutely no right of wrong, just personal preference

As for price creep, welcome to purchasing a Porsche. We’ve all been there 😊
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

'Delivery mid to late September' fine, but what year? 2023/4?
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Deleted User 4788

Post by Deleted User 4788 »

I have a 69 plate S with 18 way seats and i love them. I locked down my order for a new S before i got this Gen 2 and specified 14 way. I think either seat design will be fine, probably even the 8 way. The 18 ways just seem to hold you in place from any sideways movement.
martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

I test drove a macan with 18 ways and I found them really comfortable but what swung it for me was the option to extend the front leg bolster. When I had them fully retracted I did not find the support I needed for my leg and that is how I imagined the 8 ways in the GTS would be because I believe that option is not there
Macan GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDF6163
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!
Deleted User 4752

martinto8 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:02 am I test drove a macan with 18 ways and I found them really comfortable but what swung it for me was the option to extend the front leg bolster. When I had them fully retracted I did not find the support I needed for my leg and that is how I imagined the 8 ways in the GTS would be because I believe that option is not there
14 way also has the leg bolster adjustment
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

8-way are not short in the seat length.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Surely they'll be made to "medium" but really I don't expect any base level aspect of a Porsche to be unacceptable to any "normal" person ....... if indeed such people buy them :lol:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Deleted User 4752

Neil1911 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:53 pm Surely they'll be made to "medium" but really I don't expect any base level aspect of a Porsche to be unacceptable to any "normal" person ....... if indeed such people buy them :lol:
Based on the evidence presented on this forum…..erm.