MY23 GTS Copper Ruby Metallic lock in help

All your ordering information here!
azmj

Post by azmj »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:12 am Copper Ruby Metallic (you want to change your Subject header) is an acquired taste. The more so with a red interior. So do check it out before you commit.

The standard 8-way seats are great. Again just check that they work for you and your regular front seat passenger.

Agree with Percymon to drop all those options.
I know not a lot to go on - only a handful of photos online mainly of Panemera and I think a Taycan.
2022 Macan GTS Copper Ruby
2022 Cayman GT4 PDK GT Silver
2022 VW ID3 Family Pro Performance Moonstone

PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

azmj wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:29 am
PorscheMack wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:10 am
azmj wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:38 pm Evening chaps,

After waiting what seems an eternity and countless plays on the configurator I will be going in to lock in my specification for my wife's GTS.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4DA2D4

I have had to trim some options down due to the model year change as I won't get any price protection.
Copper ruby metallic - hoping the OPC have a sample.
Things we are unsure of:
Interior colour - Shall I go plain black leather or stick with the black & Bordeaux?
We have two young children and this is the reason we have ruled out extended leather - as it is bound to get damaged with scuffs etc and just not worth the headache. We are both happy with the standard seats following tests in an S and GTS.
Wheels - RS spyder in silver does look rather good but does not flow with the rest of the car
PDLS+ - We live in a semi rural area so lighting is key so chose the best lights - but I keep reading the auto dimming is not great - I am yet to experience this in my GT4 purely because I am yet to drive it at night- can any of you share your thoughts on this?

Anything I should consider removing or strongly consider adding?

Cheers
Was the colour choice yours or the wife's?
It was both of ours although I am more tempted by Dolomite Silver - that’s what we would have ordered if the new colour was not available.
And the GTS decision? Your's, of course!! 😂
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
PowerMalc

Post by PowerMalc »

azmj wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:27 am
Percymon wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:54 am It’s you car so very personal choice.

If you want to save some pounds the. I’d delete items in this order

Painted key
Crested armrest
Aluminium look petrol cap - its plastic, and your wife probably wont notice it
Lane keep assist
Dimming mirrors

With two young children i can understand the storage pack, albeit the nets hold very little and the underseat storage is for sunglasses or very small items only.

No rear side airbags specified ?
I need clarification on the rear side airbags as I have read some posts online suggesting they interfere with child seats - if they don’t then I will be selecting that option for sure.

Thanks for pointing that out about the filler cap! I thought it was real :(

We wanted rear airbags for protection of the grandchildren. I checked this out with the OPC who confirmed it does not interfere with child seats
as the the bag comes in from the side. These are in addition to the standard curtain airbags for head protection.
https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PPHDBG45
Macan S ordered 14-1-22 Gentian, extended Mojave, Walnut, Air, sunroof, 14 way, ACC, LCA, keyfree, surround, spare, HFW, PS+, PDLS+, Heated wheel, rear airbags, autodim, vented seats
pstrat

Post by pstrat »

After waiting what seems an eternity and countless plays on the configurator I will be going in to lock in my specification for my wife's GTS.

I have had to trim some options down due to the model year change as I won't get any price protection.
Things we are unsure of:
Interior colour - Shall I go plain black leather or stick with the black & Bordeaux?
We have two young children and this is the reason we have ruled out extended leather - as it is bound to get damaged with scuffs etc and just not worth the headache. We are both happy with the standard seats following tests in an S and GTS.
Wheels - RS spyder in silver does look rather good but does not flow with the rest of the car
PDLS+ - We live in a semi rural area so lighting is key so chose the best lights - but I keep reading the auto dimming is not great - I am yet to experience this in my GT4 purely because I am yet to drive it at night- can any of you share your thoughts on this?

Cheers
When did you order?

Wouldn't personally go with red leather on the ruby car. Would stick to black.
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

I would only ask a forum about mechanical or performance questions. When it comes to the bling listen to your ♥
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS4LDHS7
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:22 pm I would only ask a forum about mechanical or performance questions. When it comes to the bling listen to your ♥
+1
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
azmj

Post by azmj »

PorscheMack wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:44 am
azmj wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:29 am
PorscheMack wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:10 am
Was the colour choice yours or the wife's?
It was both of ours although I am more tempted by Dolomite Silver - that’s what we would have ordered if the new colour was not available.
And the GTS decision? Your's, of course!! 😂
100%😀
azmj

Post by azmj »

PowerMalc wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:52 am
azmj wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:27 am
Percymon wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:54 am It’s you car so very personal choice.

If you want to save some pounds the. I’d delete items in this order

Painted key
Crested armrest
Aluminium look petrol cap - its plastic, and your wife probably wont notice it
Lane keep assist
Dimming mirrors

With two young children i can understand the storage pack, albeit the nets hold very little and the underseat storage is for sunglasses or very small items only.

No rear side airbags specified ?
I need clarification on the rear side airbags as I have read some posts online suggesting they interfere with child seats - if they don’t then I will be selecting that option for sure.

Thanks for pointing that out about the filler cap! I thought it was real :(

We wanted rear airbags for protection of the grandchildren. I checked this out with the OPC who confirmed it does not interfere with child seats
as the the bag comes in from the side. These are in addition to the standard curtain airbags for head protection.
Brilliant thank you for confirming this.
azmj

Post by azmj »

pstrat wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:07 pm

Things we are unsure of:

Cheers
When did you order?

Wouldn't personally go with red leather on the ruby car. Would stick to black.
September 21
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Morning,

I would not go for a red/black interior with the Ruby exterior. I would opt for black.

Although it’s a rip off, I’d go for black brake calipers.

Personally, I’m not a fan of black wheels, especially on a darkish colour. I do like the 911 Turbo wheels and had them on my Carmine Red Panamera 4.

But then again, you may not appreciate aesthetic advice from someone who ordered a yellow 911! ;)

Cheers,

10CE5478-9A28-42BC-84DB-9D37D792E25F.jpeg

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018