Halfords staff.

The place to discuss everything else..
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Now this will probably not apply to all Halfords staff and, just for the record, I am far from being a snob or picky but crap service is crap service. We went down to our local branch yesterday to get a new child seat as our granddaughter had outgrown her current one. This seat is for my Wife's VW Polo not the Macan 8-) . We looked around having previously done some research online and, as we needed it today, went to Halfords to buy it if they had it in stock. We were greeted by a lanky youth with galloping B.O. who, mercifully, got a colleague who was 'up on these seats' to come and assist us. 'Hello mate, you want a child seat?'. 'Yes, this Joie Elevate if it's in stock and could you fit it for us please?'. 'Can't do that buddy'. 'Why not, you advertise a fitting service?'. 'Only some stores can do it Squire'. Off he trots and returns with a huge box. 'This is it matey'. 'Do you price match (as advertised)?'. 'Only if it's a UK based company pal'. 'O.K., Mama and Papas have this for £15 less'. 'I'll check buddy, won't be long'. A long time later. 'Sorry squire, I got waylaid. No we won't match their price as this seat is red and theirs is black'. Losing the will to live, I said 'OK, we'll have this one then'. 'OK pal, you'll need to fill out a New Car Seat Form'. 'What?'. ' This form here'. Said form had a section 'The colleague demonstrating your child seat will complete this section to ensure it's safe for your child'. 'As you can't fit or demonstrate the seat, I guess that will be blank? I commented. He glowered at me and probably told his matey buddies and the squire in the pub after about this annoying prick that bought a child seat. Not so much as a thank you as we left. I shall avoid Halfords.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.

Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

We've had pretty much the opposite experience at our local Halfords, even to the point of returning and them showing how to reverse the seat and safely fix it when our granddaughter had reached an age/weight where she could legally face forward rather than rearward.
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
andreas

Post by andreas »

I reckon most of the store staff are dire, but the staff in the garage outlets tend to be very good.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Unfortunately this " very poor service" appears to be everywhere just now from "your call is important to us :roll: :roll: :roll: ) to uninterested staff.

I had a disagreement with the staff in a large store recently who wouldn't allow me to use the toilets (because of Covid :roll: :roll: :roll: ). The manager was quite rude and informed me that they didn't have to provide toilets as they did not serve food (this is actually not correct).

I blame Covid :lol: :lol: :lol:
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Getting Halfords to fit a car seat is like paying a silly price to get them to fit wiper blades.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Daughter went too a Halfords garage and got a quote for a very long list of jobs.

Took her car to her usual garage 1/2 the price and nowhere near the amount of work required doing that Halfords tried to get her to buy into.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

It’s a lottery.

Virtually all businesses, including Porsche, have variations of customer service between their different sites. Some locations take customer service more seriously than others. And some sites will give higher priority to ‘profit maximisation’ than others. Not all staff and/or managers are the same. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

An adage of mine...if you manage by the numbers, the processes and people will suffer. If you manage the processes and people, the numbers will benefit
Macan
Taycan Turbo
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

My local GP makes the Halfords lot look like they have been trained by a Royal Butler. Rude and condescending, and they wonder why they get abused. I've forgotten what my GP looks like. We have to beg for a phone consultation which is usually two weeks later. Perhaps if I tipped up on a beach in Kent it would be quicker. I've just been to plead for an appointment and was told they were closed for 'Half day training and nobody is contactable' . 'I'll come back at 5 then' to which, and you won't believe this, they said 'Don't bother, the doctors won't be here' with a smurk on her face. This Country is on a downward spiral. The Covid excuse is wearing a but thin. It was bollocks anyway as I, mistakenly, believed that doctors were here to heal people which involves seeing them.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
RAA

Post by RAA »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:03 am It’s a lottery.

Virtually all businesses, including Porsche, have variations of customer service between their different sites. Some locations take customer service more seriously than others. And some sites will give higher priority to ‘profit maximisation’ than others. Not all staff and/or managers are the same. ;)
Porsche UK should have area managers that visit OPCs without notice, to check on their level of service.