Is OPC giving me bull?

All your ordering information here!
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

I paid my deposit for an S back in November, since then it has been radio silence from the OPC. I have noticed on here that some members who ordered their cars around this time have at least been given an allocation, or lock in date, if not received their cars. Indeed, there is someone on here who will shortly be taking delivery of a T and they didn't even exist when I ordered mine!

I caved in and called the OPC yesterday, they tell me that they expect their allocations for the rest of the calendar year to be received in early June, and will give me an update then. I will be within that allocation (I'm told) and they still think I could get the car by 1st September 22 as originally planned.

My question - is this allocation for the rest of the year in early June a stalling exercise? Can anybody else confirm this from their OPC. Secondly, if I do get an early June allocation, what are the normal (impossible to say these days - I know) time scales between allocation, lock in, build, and delivery. I am told this can take as little as 10 weeks, so am I still in with a chance for 1st Sep collection or have I no hope? :cry:

Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

My OPC said they hadn't received a single allocation for any car until this Monday just gone, and that was for Cayennes.

Their next allocation they think will be August time for September delivery - but I should think they would expect another allocation around October for December delivery.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
as7920

Post by as7920 »

I think they're being honest with you. Seems a number of OPCs have been getting allocations in the past few days/week.

2.0 and T were easier to obtain too I think, which is why my T could be with me next week.

It would have been 2023 for an S or GTS otherwise.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I ordered in November 21 too for an S and my OPC is expecting to deliver in Q4 this year
Macan S MY 2023
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Skyway wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:22 pm I ordered in November 21 too for an S and my OPC is expecting to deliver in Q4 this year
Have you been allocated a build date or anything, or like me, is that just what the POC are telling you? Will that mean you will be subjected to the inevitable price increases (MY23)?

Thanks
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

No build dates and a reminder that if there are any increases I would have to pay them. I’m hoping that some of my options become included in MY23.
Macan S MY 2023