Torque vectoring PTV

All your ordering information here!
londonmtl

Post by londonmtl »

Has anyone optioned this on an S or GTS? What does it actually do? Does it make the ride tighter? Is it noticeable?

Ahtos

Post by Ahtos »

I optioned it on my MY22 for the kind of winter we have here.
If I have to redo it, I would not add it just like air suspension.
I think most will tell you to try it for yourself. However, those are the two options that I can't even tell if they are activated... and the ION air...
Though, this is my first Porsche so what do I know...
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

londonmtl wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:25 pm Has anyone optioned this on an S or GTS? What does it actually do? Does it make the ride tighter? Is it noticeable?
A lot of people claim this doesn’t do anything on a 4WD vehicle. Nick Murray talks about it a lot in his YouTube videos if you want more info.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Ahtos wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:14 am I optioned it on my MY22 for the kind of winter we have here.
If I have to redo it, I would not add it just like air suspension.
I think most will tell you to try it for yourself. However, those are the two options that I can't even tell if they are activated... and the ION air...
Though, this is my first Porsche so what do I know...
PTV shouldn’t have any effect on winter driving?

I’d 100% option air suspension again. You can’t tell if it’s activated as it’s activated all the time. The air suspension replaces the standard steel suspension. It lowers the ride height as standard with a button to lower further if you want, it also makes the ride more comfortable but you have to drive the same model with steel suspension to compare.
Nella

Post by Nella »

Air and chrono give you 4 cars in one!!! Abilities most other car cannot compete with and smiles with the all the miles!!!
Just wish I could avoid traffic jams Lol!!! ( some of you will get my last point!!)
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

I ordered it on my Gen 3 GTS, which steers noticeably better than my Gen 2 Turbo did, but don;t know if the Turbo had it as it was pre-owned and I never checked.
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

FirstSeaLord wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:14 am I ordered it on my Gen 3 GTS, which steers noticeably better than my Gen 2 Turbo did, but don;t know if the Turbo had it as it was pre-owned and I never checked.
Irrespective Porsche claimed they stiffened and reworked the suspension between gen2-3. So I’d have assumed the Gen3 GTS would handle better out of the box compared with the gen2 GTS or turbo. Haven’t done back to back drives personally though.
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

BanZ wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:20 am
FirstSeaLord wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:14 am I ordered it on my Gen 3 GTS, which steers noticeably better than my Gen 2 Turbo did, but don;t know if the Turbo had it as it was pre-owned and I never checked.
Irrespective Porsche claimed they stiffened and reworked the suspension between gen2-3. So I’d have assumed the Gen3 GTS would handle better out of the box compared with the gen2 GTS or turbo. Haven’t done back to back drives personally though.
I hear you. Wasn't suggesting that PTV was the game changer, as it were. I ordered it as I wanted to ensure the GTS steered as well as it possibly good given weight / physics involved, but suspect PTV effect was a marginal contributor.
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

FirstSeaLord wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:44 am
BanZ wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:20 am
I hear you. Wasn't suggesting that PTV was the game changer, as it were. I ordered it as I wanted to ensure the GTS steered as well as it possibly good given weight / physics involved, but suspect PTV effect was a marginal contributor.
It would be great to hear from someone who has tried PTV/non PTV back to back but very few cars spec PTV.
Giz9

Post by Giz9 »

I have PTV+ on my SD. I wouldn't say you can notice a difference, particularly in normal road driving. I specced it for the claimed better performance in ice and snow and have no complaints, performance-wise.

However, for the last couple of years, I have had a groaning sound coming from the rear in tight turns. I'm convinced it's the PTV but the OPC haven't been able to find the cause after several looks. Not sure I would spec it again because of this.
Diesel S - Dark Blue/Luxor Beige. http://www.porsche-code.com/PFRFZG58
Deposit 9/4/2014
Locked down 6/3/2015
Built 12/5/2015. Delivered 2/6/2015