Red Seat Belts

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
GlobalNomad

Post by GlobalNomad »

I chose extended black leather without any contrast stiching. This makes me feel good that I will get 5 bordeux red seat belts, and maximum bang for the buck!

PowerMalc

Post by PowerMalc »

andreas wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:11 pm
PowerMalc wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:42 pm Thanks for the pics of red belts.
I was thinking of them for our Macan S on order with Mojave beige interior.
However what has put me totally off is that the middle rear seat is still in black, it just does not look right.

Now confused: .... The confuserator shows all 5 belts in red
Nella. Do you know why your middle rear belt is black?
The configurator pic shows the centre rear belt in red, so that's what you should expect to get. Personally, I wouldn't bother with red belts.

Your spec currently has the standard plastic seats and trim. I think that looks rather cheap in a £65K car. If you really want Mojave beige, go for the extended leather option - there'll be so much more leather and stitching, and the car will feel more special. OK, it's a £2.5K option, but you could ditch some other things to keep the overall price similar. For example, you could decide you didn't really need a heated screen, ventilated seats, autodim mirrors, lane change assist, comfort access and PDLS Plus.
Andreas......
My seats will be leather but not the full extended. I have ordered the Black/Mojave standard seats but also the 14 way option, part of this gives you the leather seats.
I agree the full extended seats look and feel wonderful, I have them on my Boxster. However I do not think they are worth the extra £2400 it would cost.
This set up will be the same as our current VW Tiguan
I much prefer the options that 'do something'
Another consideration was I do not want black seats.
https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PPHDBG45
Macan S ordered 14-1-22 Gentian, extended Mojave, Walnut, Air, sunroof, 14 way, ACC, LCA, keyfree, surround, spare, HFW, PS+, PDLS+, Heated wheel, rear airbags, autodim, vented seats
Nella

Post by Nella »

PowerMalc wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:35 pm
However what has put me totally off is that the middle rear seat is still in black, it just does not look right.

The configurator pic shows the centre rear belt in red, so that's what you should expect to get. Personally, I wouldn't bother with red belts.

Your spec currently has the standard plastic seats and trim. I think that looks rather cheap in a £65K car. If you really want Mojave beige, go for the extended leather option - there'll be so much more leather and stitching, and the car will feel more special. OK, it's a £2.5K option, but you could ditch some other things to keep the overall price similar. For example, you could decide you didn't really need a heated screen, ventilated seats, autodim mirrors, lane change assist, comfort access and PDLS Plus.
Andreas......
My seats will be leather but not the full extended. I have ordered the Black/Mojave standard seats but also the 14 way option, part of this gives you the leather seats.
I agree the full extended seats look and feel wonderful, I have them on my Boxster. However I do not think they are worth the extra £2400 it would cost.

Personally I would only keep the heated screen and ditch all the others extras for extra leather. Auto dimming mirrors bring nothing to the party as the car is so high, the standard mirrors are great for changing lane and keyless opens up a security risk even the confuserator warns about.
shaunyt0

Post by shaunyt0 »

Nella wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:32 am
PowerMalc wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:35 pm

Andreas......

Personally I would only keep the heated screen and ditch all the others extras for extra leather. Auto dimming mirrors bring nothing to the party as the car is so high, the standard mirrors are great for changing lane and keyless opens up a security risk even the confuserator warns about.

I'm sorry but I disagree with the deletion of auto dimming mirrors, the Macan is not that high. I drive a Jaguar F Pace currently which is definitely higher than the Macan and find the auto dimming mirrors excellent during night driving, the various hire cars I have when away with work that only have an interior dimming mirror and non dimming wing mirrors an irritation.
I would always spec them.
A traffic officer I know once told me if you cant see a drivers eyes in the mirrors of the car in front of you, they have there mirrors set wrong, usually means they need to move there head to view vehicles behind them properly. So if your not getting dazzled with standard mirrors when a car with bright lights is behind you there's a pretty good chance your mirrors are looking at the rear wheels or space.
Shaun T

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNGQ5LZ6

Current Python Green G3 GTS
Jaguar F Pace 300 Sport
Jaguar F Pace R Sport
Various Freelander's and Discovery's
Nella

Post by Nella »

A traffic officer told you that??? Really??? I’d love to have a chat with him. I can’t think I’ve heard of a more stupid piece of driving advice.
Why anyone needs to or would want to drive up the ar*e of the car in front is beyond me and I am a very progressive driver.
I bet the bonnet of his car looks like it’s been shot blasted!!!
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Jon A wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:00 pm

I think Nella has the seat stitching package for a GTS and so the belts come with that. The middle back seat will always be black so as not to show up against upholstery when they come with the seat stitching. I think Nella’s is also Carmine red or even guards but not Bordeaux.
Wow, I need to hand in my Boy Scouts' Observers badge. I've owned my GTS for twenty one months and it's only after this post that I've spotted that the centre rear seat belt is black.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
pstrat

Post by pstrat »

Cheers gents.

Yeh the carmine red is a brighter red, the bordeaux is a darker red. Sods law they dont offer the carmine red as standalone seat belts as i think it works better with the red calipers.

I think i will go for it, only live once!
Nella

Post by Nella »

If you get the GTS full leather with red stitching then you’ll get carmine red.
And get the GTS logo on the door in red though it is a bit of a rip off at £143 to simply change black to red but it looks good next to the red callipers too.
shaunyt0

Post by shaunyt0 »

Nella wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 9:15 am A traffic officer told you that??? Really??? I’d love to have a chat with him. I can’t think I’ve heard of a more stupid piece of driving advice.
Why anyone needs to or would want to drive up the ar*e of the car in front is beyond me and I am a very progressive driver.
I bet the bonnet of his car looks like it’s been shot blasted!!!

Well if you read my comments properly rather than progressively I never mentioned anything about driving close enough to get shot blasted, there's plenty of opportunity to see peoples mirror set up when stopped behind them at lights. unless of course they have privacy glass but you can still see the wing mirrors in most cases. Bad mirrors are a pet hate of mine and generally the people with them dont use them.

The Youtube video below. 1 of many from driving instructors indicates the correct way and how they should be set. You might find it quite interesting. If your mirrors are set right your not moving your head around to see correctly.
Shaun T

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNGQ5LZ6

Current Python Green G3 GTS
Jaguar F Pace 300 Sport
Jaguar F Pace R Sport
Various Freelander's and Discovery's
pstrat

Post by pstrat »

Nella wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:08 am If you get the GTS full leather with red stitching then you’ll get carmine red.
And get the GTS logo on the door in red though it is a bit of a rip off at £143 to simply change black to red but it looks good next to the red callipers too.
Yep true, however I don't want the GTS full leather interior. As i don't want the red rev counter, i want the classic all black. Hence the extended black leather but the bordeaux red seat belts for the colour.