Updates from my OPC on my ordered Macan S

All your ordering information here!
Amitm7

Post by Amitm7 »

Hey guys!

I ordered my Macan S in January with the hopeful build slot estimated at June/July and a delivery in Sept/Oct.

Should I be expecting updates between Jan-Jun from my OPC (London Mayfair) or should I just sit tight?

I've sent a couple of emails since Jan to be told firstly that there's no update and secondly that the Ukraine crisis will add a delay to the car.

Also got them to take off Swissvax which they tried to squeeze into the contract without informing me.

To be honest the OPC Sales guy hasn't been the greatest - helpful in person but a bit short in emails.

What would your advice be?

Amit
Macan S (Crayon) Gen III Ordered in January 2022

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNQ259Q4

REITSY

Post by REITSY »

I found most of the salesman short in emails as well butt didn'tt take it personally :)
I assumed they were really busy/short staffed and they don't get the time. When I speak to them on the phone or in person I have a much better experience.
I doubt they will give you montthly updates but I see no reason why you wouldn't ask for one every 3 months
as7920

Post by as7920 »

I send/have been sending my SA an email every week for a status update (and getting a reply back) but then my Macan is due to complete production this Friday.

It was originally scheduled to be completed on 6th April but there was a 5 week delay. Seems a lot of cars have had a similar delays and that will be mostly down to the Felicity Ace sinking and temporary factory shutdown for wiring harness shortage.
Amitm7

Post by Amitm7 »

Thanks both! Perhaps my expectations were lofty when moving to the Porsche brand!

REITSY

Post by REITSY »

I get the same with Mercedes and BMW. Don't think they were all prepared for the high demand and supply chain issues. You won't regret moving to the brand. Loving my 718 and looking forward to replacing my Merc with a Macan next year though I do find Merc customer service could teach Porsche a thing or two
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Amitm7 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:12 pm Hey guys!

I ordered my Macan S in January with the hopeful build slot estimated at June/July and a delivery in Sept/Oct...

I don’t think there should be a 3 month lag between build slot and delivery. Should be quicker than that from factory to OPC, once built. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:15 pm

I ordered my Macan S in January with the hopeful build slot estimated at June/July and a delivery in Sept/Oct...

I don’t think there should be a 3 month lag between build slot and delivery. Should be quicker than that from factory to OPC, once built. :)
Factory shut downs late July - early August
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Amitm7

Post by Amitm7 »

I think you're probably right Wing Commander. It was more likely build slot in July and delivery in late August/Sept.

I'll just sit tight for now!

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

SAC1 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:46 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:15 pm

Factory shut downs late July - early August

Hi Steve,

The point I was making was that once it’s built, it shouldn’t take 3 months to reach the owner? The factory wouldn’t shut down half way through building a Macan, would it? ;)

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
ChelmsfordPorsche

Post by ChelmsfordPorsche »

My OPC has always been very responsive when I email to request an update, and even better whenever I happen to drop by (maybe 3 times since I ordered in early November). In fact I just received an email this morning to tell me that the factory exit day for my S is still showing as 10th May, which is roughly 5 weeks after the original date.

I'd definitely keep asking for an update whenever you'd like one (maybe once a month), but just be aware that there may not be much to say with dates seemingly moving around from week to week depending on the supply situation.