Garage Flooring

The place to discuss everything else..
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:51 am
Rarecolour wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:47 am
Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:45 am What on earth is that monster machine? (And I don’t mean the Macan! :lol: )
Nilfisk hot water pressure washer, great bit of kit. Hot water makes a huge difference to cleaning your pride and joy.
I have a normal nilfisk cold water one in the storage cabinet as well.
Ah, I see. How’s the water heated? Motorcycle dealer that serviced my bikes used one and it brought them up a treat very quickly. Often wondered if I should get one……..
Its runs on diesel, its pretty efficient as well. I very rarely go above 40o and its only running for around 10 mins per car wash really. I got it off ebay as a non runner and repaired it, been a bargain.
The good thing is, you don't need as much pressure when you're using hot water so safer to clean imo.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)

Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Porcelain is really nice, just got to makes sure it's been laid PERFECTLY and hope nothing gets dropped in there :cry:
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

andreas wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:42 am
TheTraveller wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:22 pm
The problem with carpets in the garage is, when a wet car is put inside, the water from the car soaks into the carpet, which retains the water for a far greater time, than none. Ensuring that it stays damper for a lot longer.
I'm not convinced that water soaks into concrete and disappears like magic. Anyway, it's bad to garage a wet car.
The water doesn’t disappear like magic from concrete. But it has a far better chance of evaporating when it is not trapped in layers of carpeting.
And if you drive a car in the rain, and it’s still raining when it arrives home, would you leave it out in the rain, forever how long it takes to stop. And then leathering it off before garaging it. I don’t think anyone would do that.
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Rarecolour wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:15 pm Porcelain is really nice, just got to makes sure it's been laid PERFECTLY and hope nothing gets dropped in there :cry:
I was keen on Porcelain tiles but my garage floor was quite uneven (crap Miller build) so levelled it as best I could and used Eco Tiles. They are solid 8mm tiles and still look great. Costco sometimes have them on offer or via their website. OWNERS10 for 10% discount

https://www.ecotileflooring.com/product/e5007/
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver