Back again… Macan S ordered!

All your ordering information here!
estymasko

Post by estymasko »

On-Track wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:25 pm I don't know if you needed to reverse the car during your test drive but I would give serious thought to one of the camera options. I've got Surround View on my GTS and wouldn't be without it. On the other hand I managed quite well with just the reverse camera on my SD. Close up view through the rear window is almost non existent and just relying on the beeps from the basic standard system would be frustrating (in my view).
I find the reversing camera/surround view quite disorientating! Sensors & checking my mirrors/checking over my shoulder works best for me. I didn’t even have basic sensors on my 718s so having them on the Macan will be luxury enough for me :D
2024 Porsche Taycan 4S sport turismo
2022 Porsche Macan S
2022 Audi S5 Sportback
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman
2016 Audi TT

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Car looks nice

Only get the camera if you want it

I have barely any rear view in my lotus and can’t manage to park it without a camera …
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

[/quote]
estymasko wrote:
I find the reversing camera/surround view quite disorientating! Sensors & checking my mirrors/checking over my shoulder works best for me. I didn’t even have basic sensors on my 718s so having them on the Macan will be luxury enough for me :D
[/quote]

That’s interesting - I find Surround View the very opposite of disorientating. It shows you the orientation of the car.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

estymasko wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:34 pm
On-Track wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:25 pm I don't know if you needed to reverse the car during your test drive but I would give serious thought to one of the camera options. I've got Surround View on my GTS and wouldn't be without it. On the other hand I managed quite well with just the reverse camera on my SD. Close up view through the rear window is almost non existent and just relying on the beeps from the basic standard system would be frustrating (in my view).
Didn't need one for our SLK either. But the Macan is a much bigger beast and rear window vision poor plus over the shoulder view virtually non existent :roll:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

SAC1 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:05 pm
estymasko wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:34 pm
Didn't need one for our SLK either. But the Macan is a much bigger beast and rear window vision poor plus over the shoulder view virtually non existent :roll:
Totally agree.

Surround Cam is a great addition, rear quarter view non-existent.

Being an old sod I have limited back and neck movement so it is the difference between reversing safely or spending hours driving around looking for a parking space that I can drive into without having to reverse.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Tracky wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:01 pm Car looks nice

I have barely any rear view in my lotus and can't manage to park it without a camera …
:oops:.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Rarecolour wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:55 pm
Tracky wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:01 pm Car looks nice

I have barely any rear view in my lotus and can't manage to park it without a camera …
:oops:.
:D
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
estymasko

Post by estymasko »

Well something miraculous just happened - sales manager from my OPC just emailed offering me a build slot for next month… you read that right. A May 2022 build slot :shock: :shock:

Of course, the chances of the car actually going into production next month are near enough nil, but that’s my name down against a build slot and I have a commission number, whoop whoop! :mrgreen:

Back to the configurator… thinking I will add sports Chrono after all :D
2022 Porsche Macan S
2022 Audi S5 Sportback
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman
2016 Audi TT
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

estymasko wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:38 pm Well something miraculous just happened - sales manager from my OPC just emailed offering me a build slot for next month… you read that right. A May 2022 build slot :shock: :shock:

Of course, the chances of the car actually going into production next month are near enough nil, but that’s my name down against a build slot and I have a commission number, whoop whoop! :mrgreen:

Congratulations, may be a cancelled order??
Who cares, great news!!!
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
estymasko

Post by estymasko »

Jon A wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:45 pm
estymasko wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:38 pm Well something miraculous just happened - sales manager from my OPC just emailed offering me a build slot for next month… you read that right. A May 2022 build slot :shock: :shock:

Congratulations, may be a cancelled order??
Who cares, great news!!!
Honestly I was resigned to at least 12+ months of waiting so really didn’t expect that email! I believe there’s 26 people in the queue for a Macan S at my OPC, so I assume as both a repeat & local customer (which my OPC favours!) that I‘ve been the lucky one to jump the queue and nab a cancelled order :D With current delays, the car may still be months away, but at least I have a secured build slot!
2022 Porsche Macan S
2022 Audi S5 Sportback
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman
2016 Audi TT