Back again… Macan S ordered!

All your ordering information here!
estymasko

Post by estymasko »

Last year I had both an S5 and a base Macan on order and went for the S5 as it showed up first while the Macan was consistently being delayed. I’ve had the S5 for 3 months now and am loving the V6 engine (although diesel) and it’s a cracking car to drive. However, I have to admit it doesn’t have that special something about it that a Porsche does. My two previous cars were 718 Caymans and even just walking through a car park towards them had me smiling.

SO! I’m back to craving another Porsche, and with lead times as long as they are, it made sense to get my order in ASAP so that by the time I get bored of the S5 next year, my new car should be here!

Popped into my local OPC this weekend and was keen to reorder the base Macan exactly as I’d specced last year (..then cancelled :roll:) but also got the chance to test drive the base 2.0 for the first time.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Thank God I’d cancelled my previous order. That 4-pot engine was terrible coming from my 350hp V6-engined S5. It felt unresponsive and sluggish and the sound at high revs was awful. Don’t get me wrong, the base Macan would feel incredible to anyone upgrading from a similar engine with lower power, but for me I knew within the first 5 minutes that the base was out of the question.

So back to the OPC.. the S was out already so took a GTS for a whirl to get a feel for the V6 petrol and :P :P :P The engine totally transformed the car. It was a much smoother ride, more responsive, picked up quickly, sounded amazing even with sports exhaust turned off.

I originally never considered an S because it was more than what I’d be willing to spend on a car, but it became very clear that having the V6 inside the Macan was uncompromisable for me.

Long story short… I am very excited to now have a Macan S on order as I never thought I’d have one!

Porsche code: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN42HKA4
2024 Porsche Taycan 4S sport turismo
2022 Porsche Macan S
2022 Audi S5 Sportback
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman
2016 Audi TT

Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Well that's the first spec I've seen without any performance or comfort options. Mine is the opposite but good for you. Don't buckle to the inevitable 'advice' 😁
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Looks very smart. Hoping that the production delays are sorted sooner rather than later.

Cheers,

0ABCA5A8-41DC-46EA-83C7-374848E0F9FD.jpeg

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
gammaray

Post by gammaray »

I saw a Gen3 in this colour for the first time on the road just yesterday - amazing colour! :-)
Now: 2022 Macan S
Previous: BMW 320i, C class
estymasko

Post by estymasko »

gammaray wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:04 am I saw a Gen3 in this colour for the first time on the road just yesterday - amazing colour! :-)
Miami looks incredible in the flesh. I had it on my first Cayman and was constantly getting comments from strangers on the colour, I think because it’s so unusual! I then had lava orange on my next one and never once got any compliments on that :lol:
2024 Porsche Taycan 4S sport turismo
2022 Porsche Macan S
2022 Audi S5 Sportback
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman
2016 Audi TT
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

I don't know if you needed to reverse the car during your test drive but I would give serious thought to one of the camera options. I've got Surround View on my GTS and wouldn't be without it. On the other hand I managed quite well with just the reverse camera on my SD. Close up view through the rear window is almost non existent and just relying on the beeps from the basic standard system would be frustrating (in my view).
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Love the colour :D :D
alians1109

Post by alians1109 »

Best colour 😀😀😀😀
Macan S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNXGPN66
Miami|Bl Lthr|Pano|Blk Rails|Blades ext. clr|Model matt blk|Air|Sports Chrono|Blk T/pipes|75l|21" Spyder (satin blk)|18" spare|Tinted Tailights|Privacy|ParkAssist|LCA|18w|GT Race tex wheel|Bose
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Colour is great, seen a couple in the showroom they certainly slap you around the face.

As for your spec, I suppose that as you will be going from an S5 to a no frills (except bling) Macan the comfort and ride will seem super smooth, time will tell.

So glad you ditched the 4 pot.

Tip
If you do not amend your spec do remember to buy a kit to seal and inflate a flat.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

On-Track wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:25 pm I don't know if you needed to reverse the car during your test drive but I would give serious thought to one of the camera options. I've got Surround View on my GTS and wouldn't be without it. On the other hand I managed quite well with just the reverse camera on my SD. Close up view through the rear window is almost non existent and just relying on the beeps from the basic standard system would be frustrating (in my view).
Second that - do add the reversing camera.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver