Newbie Martini - Service question and Warranty

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Martini

Post by Martini »

Hello all,
Finally gotten around to joining this forum. Proud owner of V6 Macan S and love it! Had a Cayenne a few years back, bit of a torrid story which I’ll save for another day, suffice to say don’t buy a Porsche from Aberdeen, utter cowboys behind a marque badge!!!!
Anyway my question to learned friends….
My car is due an MOT and as I’ve had it 12 months an interim service so that will be the usual oil, filters and fluid checks. My local dealership is Cheshire Oaks and for the please will cost me £880.00 😯
A bit gobsmacked to say the least. Thing is there is a professional Porsche garage called Tech 9 that does all this at a fraction of the cost. Can I use them without voiding my extended warranty that I got with the vehicle????

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You don't say how old the car is and whether this is its firs MOT. If you have an extended warranty then my guess is the car is coming up to either four or six years old. If regularly serviced then an interim service would imply six years. If the car has done less than 40k then at six years it will need a transmission oil change and probably the same for the transfer box. Ask your OPC just what they are including in the price they've quoted.

The Porsche extended warranty carries with it the obligation to have it serviced in accordance with Porsche's standards. There has been some debate as to whether this forces you to use an OPC to avoid voiding the warranty but better safe than sorry.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Macanboy

Post by Macanboy »

Anonymise your name and any inv numbers that potentially may identify yourself in the heading and show us the copy of the bill .So we can see what exactly has been done for £880 ?
His Boxster 987.2 + Ferrari GT4 .
Hers Macan SD
Previous pork = Cayenne S , 968 CS , 911 , even a 924 !
Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari 360
6 Range rovers full fat + various Mercs + BImmers .
pmg

Post by pmg »

As i read his post, the service has not been done yet and he has a quote. If this is just for the total, I would ask for a detailed split of how the £880 is made up. that would show whether it is just inspection, oil and filter changes or whether brake fluid change and any other items e.g. pano roof drains clearance have been included
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I recently got quotes for a 1st [2 yr] service from my two nearest OPCs [different ownership groups]:

Screenshot 2022-04-18 110916.png

Screenshot 2022-04-18 111028.png

The lower price one confirmed that all the things listed in the higher price one would be included.

Both quoted "additional cost of £63 is for the water drain tube checks for the panoramic roof."
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Whilst £880 may seem a lot and the parts will take up a high proportion of that cost if you take out the MOT and spread the remainder over the typical two years service interval then the cost is not bad especially considering the marque.

Give the other three dealers in the North West a ring (Preston, Carnforth and Bolton) to see what they say about priced service.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Try stockport...I got a 4 year service and MOT carried out for a lot less than any of the other northwest OPC's. Great service, brand new Macan sent to pick me up from the train station etc.
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
pmg

Post by pmg »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:21 am Welcome.

Whilst £880 may seem a lot and the parts will take up a high proportion of that cost if you take out the MOT and spread the remainder over the typical two years service interval then the cost is not bad especially considering the marque.

Give the other three dealers in the North West a ring (Preston, Carnforth and Bolton) to see what they say about priced service.
My Macan's MOT three weeks ago was £54.85 ad I believe it is a regulated charge

So looking at Steve's and other typical service quotes, it looks as though Chester are including about £130 -140 for something in addition to normal service and brake fluid charge. that is similar to what some OPC's charge for pano roof drain clearance and way less than the going rate for gearbox oil change but best to check with Chester
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

^^^ paid £25.65 for an MoT by Kwik-FIT this year for one our cars. No other work done.

Other low price MoT stations are available.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

pmg wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:17 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:21 am Welcome.

My Macan's MOT three weeks ago was £54.85 ad I believe it is a regulated charge

So looking at Steve's and other typical service quotes, it looks as though Chester are including about £130 -140 for something in addition to normal service and brake fluid charge. that is similar to what some OPC's charge for pano roof drain clearance and way less than the going rate for gearbox oil change but best to check with Chester
The Extra for Brake Fluid change is pretty standard, I have had it twice as an additional item on my Macan plus it will be due again this September.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags