Carmine S collected…

All your ordering information here!
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Jon A wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:15 pm This is the code that was put into the OPC today. It’s a compromise car but I think will do the trick. I will create a new thread nearer the time when options will no doubt change 👍
http://www.porsche-code.com/PN1N98U9
Yes, that’s looking good Jon!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

REITSY

Post by REITSY »

So I have majorly debated whether I want a 992 or not JonA. I love my 718 and with a Macan S coming next year I think the two are probably the right mix for me.
I just can't see how the 911 is £70k nicer/better etc. than my Boxster. And I have no clue where that money is going to come from at the moment. However that being said I have put a refundable deposit down just in case I find the reason & a pile of money under the sofa (2 year wait I'm being told) and this is what it would look like.

iris.jpg

iris (1).jpg

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Jon A wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:12 am
Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:04 am
pmg wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:33 am

What a load of rubbish. there are times, for example the approx 300 mile all motorway / duel carriageway trip I did last week from Preston to West Sussex, when ACC just makes a journey that more relaxed and reserves the driving for the trips to the roads of say MId Wales. Rev Cam helps cover blind spots
I said I was being controversial! It’s the statement that ACC is necessary to avoid breaking speed limits that I find strange, and rev cam on a 911 is not needed for reversing. Blind spots can be covered with door mirrors and turning the head. How did we manage before we had these things?
I’m not great with speed limits and do a bit of motorway stuff too. ACC makes things a lot easier to be honest, at least for me. Also 992 is a wide bus and rev cam just makes sense in any car really.
The reality is that this car will be a mix of cruiser and sports car, so I will need to spec carefully to accommodate both!
All opinions welcome though 👍
I’m not sure the camera helps with the Wideness of the car!!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Jon A wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:15 pm This is the code that was put into the OPC today. It’s a compromise car but I think will do the trick. I will create a new thread nearer the time when options will no doubt change 👍
http://www.porsche-code.com/PN1N98U9
Have I been sleeping under a rock somewhere !?!?

I thought it was white with standard exhaust and Bose!!!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Wing Commander wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:35 pm Looks nice, Jon.

Here’s my version. A brighter blue & bigger wheels, both for personal aesthetic reasons. :) Knocked off a few of your options & it comes in at £1,264 below your Gentian. ;)

As you say, tons of time for the spec to change 100+ times! :lol:
Agree - shark would look lovely alongside the Macan !

Genetian is lovely but too grown up on a 911
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Tracky wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:15 am
Jon A wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:12 am
Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:04 am
I said I was being controversial! It’s the statement that ACC is necessary to avoid breaking speed limits that I find strange, and rev cam on a 911 is not needed for reversing. Blind spots can be covered with door mirrors and turning the head. How did we manage before we had these things?
I’m not great with speed limits and do a bit of motorway stuff too. ACC makes things a lot easier to be honest, at least for me. Also 992 is a wide bus and rev cam just makes sense in any car really.
The reality is that this car will be a mix of cruiser and sports car, so I will need to spec carefully to accommodate both!
All opinions welcome though 👍
I’m not sure the camera helps with the Wideness of the car!!
Reverse lines show you where your wheels will be in relation to the curb when reverse parking 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

REITSY wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:35 am So I have majorly debated whether I want a 992 or not JonA. I love my 718 and with a Macan S coming next year I think the two are probably the right mix for me.
I just can't see how the 911 is £70k nicer/better etc. than my Boxster. And I have no clue where that money is going to come from at the moment. However that being said I have put a refundable deposit down just in case I find the reason & a pile of money under the sofa (2 year wait I'm being told) and this is what it would look like.

iris.jpgiris (1).jpg
Loving the cabriolet but I’ve got a hard limit on cash and lines in the sand have to be drawn! 😂
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

Jon A wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:10 am So have just come back from dropping car off to detailers after some negotiation, penny counting and inevitable man maths, have agreed the following:
Full ceramic coating (Gtechnic crystal ultra) including wheels, calipers, glass and interior. PPF complete bonnet, front bumper, and headlights.
£1,800 all in so expensive but happy 😃
Hi Jon, I’m just looking through forum and weighing up whether to do PPF, mainly it’s coming down to cost at this point.

For the gtechnic (car prep, interior, exterior incl wheels etc) it’s roughly £1000 plus VAT. For the PPF, it’s £1490.00 (+vat) and includes: full bonnet, winglets, full front bumper section, wing mirrors, A-pillar, headlights, fog lights

This seems like a lot more than you paid, although maybe there are more areas covered than you got? I’m not a negotiator (but can try), but is there a lot more listed there than I may need? I’m just wanting to minimise stone chips like yourself and I don’t really where the main issues maybe? I’d have thought doors in car parks might be another area for me to consider? Thanks for any help/guidance :)
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

SanPorMGTS wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:54 pm
Jon A wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:10 am So have just come back from dropping car off to detailers after some negotiation, penny counting and inevitable man maths, have agreed the following:
Full ceramic coating (Gtechnic crystal ultra) including wheels, calipers, glass and interior. PPF complete bonnet, front bumper, and headlights.
£1,800 all in so expensive but happy 😃
Hi Jon, I’m just looking through forum and weighing up whether to do PPF, mainly it’s coming down to cost at this point.

For the gtechnic (car prep, interior, exterior incl wheels etc) it’s roughly £1000 plus VAT. For the PPF, it’s £1490.00 (+vat) and includes: full bonnet, winglets, full front bumper section, wing mirrors, A-pillar, headlights, fog lights

This seems like a lot more than you paid, although maybe there are more areas covered than you got? I’m not a negotiator (but can try), but is there a lot more listed there than I may need? I’m just wanting to minimise stone chips like yourself and I don’t really where the main issues maybe? I’d have thought doors in car parks might be another area for me to consider? Thanks for any help/guidance :)
Hi SanPor
So I had the bonnet, front bumper (painted bits only) wing mirrors and front side wings in PPF for £750 plus vat. Whole job including vat was £2k to include all the ceramic inside and out.
I didn’t PPF the headlights or windscreen down sections or leading edge of the roof. Not sure PPF will protect against car park door dings as this would dent the metal behind the film - it’s more for minor gravel rash and small chips protection but still not 100%.
Ceramic is brill because it makes it so easy to clean and the shine is great every time but PPF is “helpful” rather than fool proof…
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Jon A wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:45 pm So I had the bonnet, front bumper (painted bits only) wing mirrors and front side wings in PPF for £750 plus vat. Whole job including vat was £2k to include all the ceramic inside and out.
I didn’t PPF the headlights or windscreen down sections or leading edge of the roof. Not sure PPF will protect against car park door dings as this would dent the metal behind the film - it’s more for minor gravel rash and small chips protection but still not 100%.
Ceramic is brill because it makes it so easy to clean and the shine is great every time but PPF is “helpful” rather than fool proof…
Jon, sorry if you've already posted this, but who did you use? I'll be getting PPF and you're not that far from Sheffield for distance to be a great issue. Thanks.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP