Carmine S collected…

All your ordering information here!
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:19 am This is hijacking the OP's thread so perhaps could be a new thread?

But I'm with Simon (again!). And just to be a little controversial on a Friday, ACC and rev cam on a 911 is close to admitting you can't drive, so should you be in a 911? Bose is wasted as on the move you can't hear the difference between it and the standard system, which is quite good anyway. I think the standard wheels look fine, the spyders are sods to clean, and the smaller size will be more comfortable. Bear in mind the Macan is a superb ride and the contrast with that of the 911 is huge. Make sure you have extended test drives and try out the higher spec seats. This is the biggest factor in determining how comfortable you will be driving the car. Try out sport chrono too. The mode switch on the steering wheel is perfect for switching modes and the boost button is a hoot. PAS is not necessary on the 911 (or the Macan!).

Of course, as you can see we all have opinions, but do think about whether this car is to be closer to a cruiser style, in which case you're looking to max on comfort options, or a thrilling sports car to have fun in. If the latter, opt for the sportier choices and enjoy a 911 to the full!
Thanks Nick and appreciated 👍 I think you are right and will start a new thread nearer the time as there is quite a wait ahead and this could get messy! 😂
BTW I am the OP… 😊
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

OP hijacks his own thread! 😂
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Jon A wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:48 am
Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:19 am This is hijacking the OP's thread so perhaps could be a new thread?

But I'm with Simon (again!). And just to be a little controversial on a Friday, ACC and rev cam on a 911 is close to admitting you can't drive, so should you be in a 911? Bose is wasted as on the move you can't hear the difference between it and the standard system, which is quite good anyway. I think the standard wheels look fine, the spyders are sods to clean, and the smaller size will be more comfortable. Bear in mind the Macan is a superb ride and the contrast with that of the 911 is huge. Make sure you have extended test drives and try out the higher spec seats. This is the biggest factor in determining how comfortable you will be driving the car. Try out sport chrono too. The mode switch on the steering wheel is perfect for switching modes and the boost button is a hoot. PAS is not necessary on the 911 (or the Macan!).

Of course, as you can see we all have opinions, but do think about whether this car is to be closer to a cruiser style, in which case you're looking to max on comfort options, or a thrilling sports car to have fun in. If the latter, opt for the sportier choices and enjoy a 911 to the full!
Thanks Nick and appreciated 👍 I think you are right and will start a new thread nearer the time as there is quite a wait ahead and this could get messy! 😂
BTW I am the OP… 😊
Yes, prob should have said ‘off topic’! :D

And yes, we could be having lots of fun in a new thread!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
pmg

Post by pmg »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:19 am
But I'm with Simon (again!). And just to be a little controversial on a Friday, ACC and rev cam on a 911 is close to admitting you can't drive,
What a load of rubbish. there are times, for example the approx 300 mile all motorway / duel carriageway trip I did last week from Preston to West Sussex, when ACC just makes a journey that more relaxed and reserves the driving for the trips to the roads of say MId Wales. Rev Cam helps cover blind spots
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

pmg wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:33 am
But I'm with Simon (again!). And just to be a little controversial on a Friday, ACC and rev cam on a 911 is close to admitting you can't drive,
What a load of rubbish. there are times, for example the approx 300 mile all motorway / duel carriageway trip I did last week from Preston to West Sussex, when ACC just makes a journey that more relaxed and reserves the driving for the trips to the roads of say MId Wales. Rev Cam helps cover blind spots
I said I was being controversial! It’s the statement that ACC is necessary to avoid breaking speed limits that I find strange, and rev cam on a 911 is not needed for reversing. Blind spots can be covered with door mirrors and turning the head. How did we manage before we had these things?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:04 am
I said I was being controversial! It’s the statement that ACC is necessary to avoid breaking speed limits that I find strange, and rev cam on a 911 is not needed for reversing. Blind spots can be covered with door mirrors and turning the head. How did we manage before we had these things?
I’m not great with speed limits and do a bit of motorway stuff too. ACC makes things a lot easier to be honest, at least for me. Also 992 is a wide bus and rev cam just makes sense in any car really.
The reality is that this car will be a mix of cruiser and sports car, so I will need to spec carefully to accommodate both!
All opinions welcome though 👍
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Jon A wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:12 am

I’m not great with speed limits and do a bit of motorway stuff too. ACC makes things a lot easier to be honest, at least for me. Also 992 is a wide bus and rev cam just makes sense in any car really.
The reality is that this car will be a mix of cruiser and sports car, so I will need to spec carefully to accommodate both!
All opinions welcome though 👍
Sadly, if this dotty government and the idiot civil servants in the DfT do what they’ve said so far by the time your 992 comes it may have the dreaded mandatory speed limiter fitted.

I have ACC in my new Defender and I’m trying to use it to understand why it gets so much support. So far I find it rather annoying and spend a lot of the time trying to anticipate what it will do and when. It seems to apply the brakes rather a lot which might explain why those who use it a lot get through pads and discs rather quickly.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

+1. I’m with Nick (again)!
Simon

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

This is the code that was put into the OPC today. It’s a compromise car but I think will do the trick. I will create a new thread nearer the time when options will no doubt change 👍
http://www.porsche-code.com/PN1N98U9
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Looks nice, Jon.

Here’s my version. A brighter blue & bigger wheels, both for personal aesthetic reasons. :) Knocked off a few of your options & it comes in at £1,264 below your Gentian. ;)

As you say, tons of time for the spec to change 100+ times! :lol:

0369DCE6-71F1-43E3-A89E-04C5612478C1.jpeg

08786C8A-A84A-401B-A184-B15DE76549A6.jpeg

Simon