Lycra louts return.

The place to discuss everything else..
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

gtipirelli wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:12 am Porsche driver and cyclist here. I go out of my way when on the bike to both avoid busy roads and to be as courteous on the bike as humanly possible, when able to, I thank every motorist with a wave for waiting before they pass me. It is not always easy however to take a hand off the handlebars on every occasion given how poor our roads are.

One thing I am very conscious of is the fact that a carbon bike and Lycra clothing will do nothing to protect me if ever in collision with a vehicle hence my general polite manner on the bike. My knees do not allow me to run anymore so cycling is the next best thing for me to get outdoors and to keep fit.

There will always be idiots on the road in or on any wheeled device so best to chill out and not get riled up and treat everyone how you would want to be treated yourself. Don’t let the minority spoil your day

Happy motoring everyone
I’m totally with you there, and like minded and show courtesy when it’s given. It is far more easy for a car driver to kill a cyclist, than the other way.
There are far more moronic motorists out there in their cars than cyclists. And who seem to be very much Clarkson’ist.
If I made a point on the forum, about the idiot drivers I come across on a single ride out, I would run out of space to finish the topic.

Caster

Post by Caster »

Tracky wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:46 pm I’ve managed to do the London to Brighton bike ride twice now without looking a knob
Wetherby to Filey bike ride five times for me + at least I think I look good! 😂😂

E642C93D-544D-491E-AFE0-D32D6DE3B6EC.jpeg

Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ 🤣🤣🤣
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I saw that the other day and it made me laugh - sums them up though.......
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Deleted User 4749

Post by Deleted User 4749 »

As a keen Mountain Biker (not a cyclist) I agree most 'roadies' seem to think they own the road...trouble is they have a point...if you just slightly bump them with your shiny Macan its your fault!!

However I had fantastic fun a few months back when riding my MTB down a single track lane, coming towards me was a possy of 4 abreast roadies all attempting to beat their PB down the lane....they clearly expected me to move over for them despite me being less than 1m from the edge my side of the road...bearing in mind my 2.6inch wide Maxis Minon front tyre, 1m+ wide handlebars, and body armour I won...two went into the verge. Clearly I stopped to check they were Ok and admire their bent front wheels and torn Lycra.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

HPC Eddy wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:17 pm As a keen Mountain Biker (not a cyclist) I agree most 'roadies' seem to think they own the road...trouble is they have a point...if you just slightly bump them with your shiny Macan its your fault!!

However I had fantastic fun a few months back when riding my MTB down a single track lane, coming towards me was a possy of 4 abreast roadies all attempting to beat their PB down the lane....they clearly expected me to move over for them despite me being less than 1m from the edge my side of the road...bearing in mind my 2.6inch wide Maxis Minon front tyre, 1m+ wide handlebars, and body armour I won...two went into the verge. Clearly I stopped to check they were Ok and admire their bent front wheels and torn Lycra.
Is a mountain bike not a bicycle, hence you are a cyclist?! ;) :P
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
TK421

Post by TK421 »

All I’m going to add, plus it’s 22 years too late… those that know know 😂

A5F34620-500E-423E-862A-F414AF99F9D0.jpeg

23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

The final Hurrah http://www.porsche-code.com/PRSB8KW7
Deleted User 4749

Post by Deleted User 4749 »

Yep a Mountain Bike is a bike but that doesn't make an MTBer a Cyclist....Cyclists are Roadies who's sport is hugely funded by British Cycling...despite British Mountain biking having huge success in world class events and some real talent BC consider it a minority sport and therefore give very little funding...I can only assume this is because MTBs don't look like 'Travelling Perverts' when walking into a cake shop looking for carrot cake!...

Better get my whinging back on topic....despite ordering my S very early in September I've been told unlikely to get it this year...no new allocation have come through for over a month apparently! Thank god we don't live in Eastern Ukraine!
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

HPC Eddy wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:17 pm As a keen Mountain Biker (not a cyclist) I agree most 'roadies' seem to think they own the road...trouble is they have a point...if you just slightly bump them with your shiny Macan its your fault!!

Great result :lol: :lol: