Lycra louts return.

The place to discuss everything else..
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Apologies from any forum member that cycles, I'm sure you will be a model of good manners unlike the morons I encountered this morning. A gang of eight gentlemen in size 1 Lycra with they have squeezed their size 2 bodies into. Now that the Highway Code has been amended to give cyclists more leeway, I'm afraid some have become very entitled and believe that they can now do anything. I passed my cycling proficiency test many moons ago and still have my enamel triangle badge somewhere. I'm sure I was taught to wave motorists to pass when it was safe, but not these days. These morons with their little cameras on their helmets have no regard for other road users at all. Riding two abreast at a slow pace though a village with many bends and parked cars, they swerve into the other lane forcing on coming traffic to brake and of course get a reaction. When I finally found a straight to overtake, which I did giving them a wide birth, all I got was the same salutation as the English Archers at Agincourt gave the French. Twenty years ago, I would have stopped and had a discussion with them. Now some 99 octane exhaust fumes had to do. As Summer approaches, it will only get worse and I predict violence will occur with people not as patient and calm as me.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ Better to get it off your chest here, as opposed to remonstrating with the eight cyclists! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I feel your pain :roll: :roll:

I am not anti cyclist but really think that they should be banned from certain roads. Main busy trunk roads with cars travelling at 70mph should not have to deal with moron cyclists travelling at 10mph. An accident waiting to happen.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

You totally miss the point.

When ever any moron buys a bike and lycra it is mandatory that they have a frontal labotomy.

So next time you are stuck behind a group of cyclists do remember their collective IQ is probably less than that of a hedgehog.

I am fed up with these morons cycling past me when out walking without slowing down or giving me a wide birth, yet if we were to do the same to them as we passed them in our cars and we get the fist and shouted at and their head-cam video would be uploaded.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

I'm a cyclist and there a bad cyclists and also bad car drivers. In the main most road users have respect for each other.
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

Macananon wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:10 pm I'm a cyclist and there a bad cyclists and also bad car drivers. In the main most road users have respect for each other.
+1
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Old Chimer wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:44 pm
Macananon wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:10 pm I'm a cyclist and there a bad cyclists and also bad car drivers. In the main most road users have respect for each other.
+1

+2. I ride a bike in Oxford at weekends (not dressed in Lycra though) and I must say that I find most car/bus/taxi drivers pretty considerate. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

As I’ve emphasised previously. The roads are there for all to use. No one has any right to call it there’s. Be respectful, thoughtful and courteous to others, and everyone will live in harmony.
The attitude of some car drivers, makes me think it is they who have a malfunctioning genetic defect in their head, which needs medical attention. Especially those with Turbo’s, who think that everyone should get out of the road for them. And more cyclists on the road, means they are out of their cars, to allow more road hogs.
An accident of car v cyclist, will mean that the cyclist will always come off worst.
Every car driver should learn how to ride a bike. While nearly every cyclist will have learnt how to drive a car.
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

I think that cyclists are intrinsically a problem. I cycle, but try hard to keep out of the way of cars (keep will to the left etc). But if you look at all of the road users (cars, lorries, cyclists, pedestrians, horses etc.) you will probably find that all groups hate the cyclists, but all manage to get on with each other. The common problem is the relationship with cyclists.

I am not sure why this is but motorists and pedestrians seem to get on most of the time, even the cars and horses seem to have a mutual avoidance. But cyclist manage to annoy each of these other groups. Must be something about bicycles.
Caster

Post by Caster »

I sympathise with you Cheshire Cat + probably most of us have been or will be in similar situations.

Mind you as a cyclist about 20 years ago I was going along (in line with the Highway Code/Cycling Proficiency Test etc) when a “little old lady” pulled out in front of me and I was over the top of her motor - knocked out cold, fractures, bruises, hospital etc but at least I got £6k damages (£1.5k for bike!).

So, as a motorist, I’m sometimes annoyed by cyclists and as a cyclist, I’m often scared of motorists (especially little old ladies!) - I can’t win! Guess it’s less dangerous being annoyed by cyclists though👍
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D