Anyone ordered a GTS in October 21?

All your ordering information here!
pstrat

Post by pstrat »

Alan Ellis wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 10:19 pm I spoke with my SE today and he told me the MY change had caught them by surprise and all new orders not locked in would be MY23 spec and prices
I think this is the norm. If your build is locked, so is your price. Otherwise all other orders would fall into the new MY and pricing.

Barmcake

Post by Barmcake »

Placed my order for a GTS in Sep 21, and was advised at the time the time the lead time would be up to 18 months. I've been chasing regularly, but not getting any useful feedback. My OPC said they had no GTS allocations for Q2 full stop.

So I was surprised to get a call last week telling me I have an allocated build date in Aug, for delivery Sep. The cynic in me wonders just how much this relates to me having recently told the salesman that I had just dropped a deposit on a new RangeRover Sport. But, what the hell, if I get my car in Sep. I'll be a happy lad.
Mike

2022 Macan GTS - Papaya

Previous:
2017 Macan GTS - Sapphire Blue
TK421

Post by TK421 »

Barmcake wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 6:31 pm Placed my order for a GTS in Sep 21, and was advised at the time the time the lead time would be up to 18 months. I've been chasing regularly, but not getting any useful feedback. My OPC said they had no GTS allocations for Q2 full stop.

So I was surprised to get a call last week telling me I have an allocated build date in Aug, for delivery Sep. The cynic in me wonders just how much this relates to me having recently told the salesman that I had just dropped a deposit on a new RangeRover Sport. But, what the hell, if I get my car in Sep. I'll be a happy lad.
I also wonder how many are cancelling orders down to the current economic climate and increasing fuel costs etc.. plus people just getting pissed off with waiting. Who know. Good work though an getting a reasonable build date.
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

The final Hurrah http://www.porsche-code.com/PRSB8KW7
pstrat

Post by pstrat »

TK421 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:29 pm
Barmcake wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 6:31 pm Placed my order for a GTS in Sep 21, and was advised at the time the time the lead time would be up to 18 months. I've been chasing regularly, but not getting any useful feedback. My OPC said they had no GTS allocations for Q2 full stop.

I also wonder how many are cancelling orders down to the current economic climate and increasing fuel costs etc.. plus people just getting pissed off with waiting. Who know. Good work though an getting a reasonable build date.
Hopefully several at my OPC :lol:
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

My OPC has been pretty useless in all things update related. Ive chased them up, i didn't even know when the lockdown date was! I had a spec set and had an email to say it was end of May build for June delivery, but recently had an update to say June build for July delivery, so the only update was to say it was delayed.
I tried to add to the spec prior to this only to be told it was already locked in, had no idea when that happened.
The OPC in question is notorious for its privileged customers. I only used them as they were local.
Took a month to get a reply in regards to PPF.
All in all for my first brand new Porsche order its been pretty shit.
Macan GTS collected 01/092022 - PN4IVH48

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Previous - 991.1 TTS met an untimely and sad end.
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D
shaunyt0

Post by shaunyt0 »

TK421 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:58 pm
shaunyt0 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:54 pm
TK421 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:37 pm

Wow, that’s pretty quick! Thanks for the update. Car looks great by the way :D

Hey no worries and thanks, hopefully it will stay on track but who knows could slip again, saying that the dealership did say that some of their cars had come forward a couple of weeks and some had slip. It seems that the less popular options were freely available and brought builds forward the more popular keep running out and delaying builds.

I will post a further update as I get it and hopefully at some points a pic or two.
Look forward to it. Thanks again for updated the thread 😉
Just a little update, I emailed the SE yesterday explaining I was going to be away for a few weeks with work and if he needed me for anything lets say an early arrival , "wishful thinking"

Fired up the old Laptop on my short stop at Heathrow to find an email from the SE saying Car built and on its way to Emden should be with the OPC while I'm away, so well surprised seeing as some members get all the CP updates on a blow by blow account.

Hopefully sitting in it by the end of the 1st week in July :D
Shaun T

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNGQ5LZ6

Current Python Green G3 GTS
Jaguar F Pace 300 Sport
Jaguar F Pace R Sport
Various Freelander's and Discovery's
TK421

Post by TK421 »

shaunyt0 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:24 pm
shaunyt0 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:54 pm

Hey no worries and thanks, hopefully it will stay on track but who knows could slip again, saying that the dealership did say that some of their cars had come forward a couple of weeks and some had slip. It seems that the less popular options were freely available and brought builds forward the more popular keep running out and delaying builds.

I will post a further update as I get it and hopefully at some points a pic or two.
Just a little update, I emailed the SE yesterday explaining I was going to be away for a few weeks with work and if he needed me for anything lets say an early arrival , "wishful thinking"

Fired up the old Laptop on my short stop at Heathrow to find an email from the SE saying Car built and on its way to Emden should be with the OPC while I'm away, so well surprised seeing as some members get all the CP updates on a blow by blow account.

That’s fantastic news! Nice little treat for your return. Keep us updated
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

The final Hurrah http://www.porsche-code.com/PRSB8KW7
shaunyt0

Post by shaunyt0 »

TK421 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:50 pm

No worries I will , asked hime to keep me posted as to its arrival and send me a couple of pics if possible so watch this space or maybe another new thread in the near future
Shaun T

Jaguar F Pace 300 Sport
Jaguar F Pace R Sport
shaunyt0

Post by shaunyt0 »

shaunyt0 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:53 pm

No worries I will , asked him to keep me posted as to its arrival and send me a couple of pics if possible so watch this space or maybe another new thread in the near future
Well another little update after a short telephone conversation yesterday as I need to sign a new finance agreement something to do with residuals being higher meaning a slightly better deal for me and on looking at the paperwork a small dealer discount, of just over £1k wondering if something is missing, maybe the electrically adjustable steering column but that I thought was only around £360

Anyone else with an unexplained discount?

Anyway the car I believe is at Emden and he said delivery to dealership showing as 8th July
Shaun T

Jaguar F Pace 300 Sport
Jaguar F Pace R Sport
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

shaunyt0 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:18 pm
shaunyt0 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:53 pm

No worries I will , asked him to keep me posted as to its arrival and send me a couple of pics if possible so watch this space or maybe another new thread in the near future
Well another little update after a short telephone conversation yesterday as I need to sign a new finance agreement something to do with residuals being higher meaning a slightly better deal for me and on looking at the paperwork a small dealer discount, of just over £1k wondering if something is missing, maybe the electrically adjustable steering column but that I thought was only around £360

Anyone else with an unexplained discount?

Anyway the car I believe is at Emden and he said delivery to dealership showing as 8th July
The discount might be due to SC now being standard and surround view reduced in price??
If not, take it and ask no questions! 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0