New to Porsche and the forum

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
lmiddleton

Post by lmiddleton »

Hi all,

Stumbled across the forum having just placed an order for a Macan GTS. Long wait expected but that works with our current Land Rover and when that is due to go.

Bit of advice would be helpful (and this might be for another area of the forum) from those more accustomed to Porsche and the options lists! Is there anything on here that I’m missing or indeed anything that isn't actually that useful.

Thanks!!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN4BP3F5

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome to our friendly forum and congrats on the GTS order!

This is a great place for advice & opinions! :)

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Welcome to the forum.

You will have plenty of time to sort out your configuration and you will be on and off the confusiator at least 50/100 times, :D I would imagine you would have around 18 months for doing that. The only thing I would point out is that you have no spare wheel etc on your spec and you will get so many opinions both good and bad on this forum, but at the end of the day go with what you want and your budget fits.
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Looks good!

Opinions will vary on almost every option, including Bose, pano roof, seats etc etc! ;)

You may not need both privacy glass and rear blinds. 😎

065D71E2-B346-4F1F-8B4B-A41E84C04741.jpeg

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
lmiddleton

Post by lmiddleton »

Thanks everyone. The dealership I ordered through did mention possibly 18 months, so no surprises there. I think the configurator will be a regular site I’ll visit in the next months!!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Blinds, not needed with privacy glass our small grandkids had no issues and no temptation to fiddle with the blinds.

Lane change assist, not needed.

Speed limit indicator, not needed.

Comfort access, not needed.

I would add ACC if you drive a lot on Mways or dual carriageways, standard cruise control is a poor fixed speed system.

There is no spare wheel as standard nor is there any way of inflating a flat.

If you carry rear passengers then look at including side airbags.

Spyder wheels look great but are a sod to clean.

You should receive an invite for a free session driving a GTS at the PEC which is next to Silverstone motor racing circuit, if you have not heard from them in a couple of months give them a ring to book a session.

You will not need to lockdown your build until about 6-8 weeks before the build date but do have a build code ready and let the SE know you can lockdown early and take delivery asap thereafter if you are in a position to proceed should an early build become available
Last edited by Col Lamb on Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
pmg

Post by pmg »

I thought I very sensible spec.

I find items like lane change assist or what some manufacturers call blind spot monitoring very worthwhile. I do agree about dropping the blinds as not need as well as privacy glass. I would replace that with compact spare wheel and carry tyre sealant bought separately as cheaper than direct from Porsche as well.

Do try all three main seat options before finalising spec if you have not already done so.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Welcome

You will probably looking at a 2024 model year Macan. Who knows what updates, changes to standard spec, exterior and interior colour options etc will happen by then. EDIT: and potentially at least two price increases.

Enjoy this forum and learn more generally about Macans in the interim. Nearer to your lock down date, do inspect and drive as many as you can to refine your spec.
Last edited by SAC1 on Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

As you will see there are variations in opinions of your spec. I think Lane Change Assist is really useful. It doesn't replace looking in the mirrors or glancing over your shoulder but a quick look in the mirror might show a car in the distance but LCA will illuminate if it's approaching at high speed. Speed Limit Indicator reacts to temporary speed limits and "no overtaking" signs and is a useful reminder for not a lot of money.

I agree with those who say that the side window blinds are probably not necessary with Privacy Glass.

In "the good old days", if you didn't spec the spare wheel Porsche provided a compressor and tyre sealant. These days nothing is provided as standard.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
lmiddleton

Post by lmiddleton »

Really insightful, thanks everyone. The initial spec has been informed mostly by the things I have and use in our Discovery, though clearly a very different car! So I know things like the limiter and lane change assist (blind spot monitoring) I use, whilst Automatic cruise control is rarely used.

We have two small children, so the side air bags will be added and will look to take the blinds off with the privacy glass selected.

Being mechanically inept, I’m not sure I’d ever attempt to change a wheel, so the compressor and tyre sealant option probably seem like the best route.

I’ll continue to read the forum, as reading and seeing pictures of members deliveries is the next best thing!