Macan 2 Litre

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Rovman

Post by Rovman »

Took the advice of SPL & also put a deposit down on an S Diesel a week ago. Told an 18 month wait. I still hope I'll be more than happy though with my 2L when it arrives at the end of this summer & it is a very rare carSmileThumbs Up.
Just had an S Diesel Demonstrator for the weekend. WOW some machine. White with 21" black painted sport classic wheels. I might shock a few people but I feel those alloys look totally OTT & there's a fair bit of road noise. Think I'll stick with getting 19" turbos, though I have asked about possibly getting 19" sport classics which also look the business. Waiting to hear back. It was heartbreaking dropping the car back at the Dealer CryCryCry. The wait is soul destroying......
Macan 1 Agate 2.0L 20 July 2015

Macan 2 Rhodium Silver GTS Dec 2016
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHGD2Q17

don911

Post by don911 »

Rovman, get a turbo ordered, you know you want too!
Paul

Post by Paul »

Took the advice of SPL & also put a deposit down on an S Diesel a week ago. Told an 18 month wait. I still hope I'll be more than happy though with my 2L when it arrives at the end of this summer & it is a very rare carSmileThumbs Up. 
Just had an S Diesel Demonstrator for the weekend. WOW some machine. White with 21" black painted sport classic wheels. I might shock a few people but I feel those alloys look totally OTT & there's a fair bit of road noise. Think I'll stick with getting 19" turbos, though I have asked about possibly getting 19" sport classics which also look the business. Waiting to hear back. It was heartbreaking dropping the car back at the Dealer CryCryCry. The wait is soul destroying......

I too would prefer 19" sport classics on my Diesel S when it comes (am currently speccing 19" turbos) - I'd be interested to hear if your dealer can do this for you and at what cost?Paul2015-01-27 09:33:20
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Sportback

Post by Sportback »

You will come to your senses in due time.............and get the 21s

SB
Macan S Diesel ordered 06/12/2014 - Locked Down 15/12/2015 - Delivered March 2016
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH5EKVU2
dereksharpuk

Post by dereksharpuk »

Or even more sensible... the 18" Thumbs Up
White diesel Macan, Arrived early Dec 14
Rovman

Post by Rovman »

I knew I shouldn't have posted againConfused. Just updated my spec(see latest code below) but still speccing 19" alloys. You Guys are costing me a small fortuneCrySmile. Total wealth of knowledge though, so thanks.
I really loved the S Diesel with its 21's which was fine for my weekend drive but not day to day. Have to think of all the potholes & possible kerbing around the Aberdeenshire roads. Of course it's just my opinionErmmSmile
Macan 1 Agate 2.0L 20 July 2015

Macan 2 Rhodium Silver GTS Dec 2016
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHGD2Q17
dereksharpuk

Post by dereksharpuk »

I knew I shouldn't have posted againConfused. Just updated my spec(see latest code below) but still speccing 19" alloys. You Guys are costing me a small fortuneCrySmile. Total wealth of knowledge though, so thanks.
I really loved the S Diesel with its 21's which was fine for my weekend drive but not day to day. Have to think of all the potholes & possible kerbing around the Aberdeenshire roads. Of course it's just my opinionErmmSmile

Potholes are here too. Good reason to buy 18" as they survive. Ride is good too as is handling. Maybe don't look too good for some, but fine for me. Each to his own and I cannot afford constant trips to the wheel restorers.
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

Is there much of a difference between 18-19-20 in tires?
I'm thinking comfort and longish life rather than aesthetics.

dereksharpuk

Post by dereksharpuk »

I have the all-season 18" tyres. Due to their compound they are very quiet; something I cannot say about normal Porsche low-profile summer tyres. Moreover, their rolling resistance is less I gather so fuel economy is better. Certainly comfort is high, but maybe the ride is too soft for some, especially without PASM.
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

I have the all-season 18" tyres. Due to their compound they are very quiet; something I cannot say about normal Porsche low-profile summer tyres. Moreover, their rolling resistance is less I gather so fuel economy is better. Certainly comfort is high, but maybe the ride is too soft for some, especially without PASM.

OK. I certainly hadn't thought of fuel economy.
My view was to go for AS either 19 or 20 as a reasonable compromise between comfort and looks.