Forgive me Lord, I have sinned

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
smithers-jones

Post by smithers-jones »

Well, I'm coming back to the Macan fold. Should never have left, and sadly it has been 3 years of realising I'd sold my just about perfect car and I need it back!

I placed a deposit on a Macan SD in 2014 shortly after launch, and took delivery of it on 1st Sept 2015 at Cardiff OPC: Sapphire Blue, RS Spyders 18 ways, Bose, Pano, Agate extended and more. Lovely car. Ran it alongside our 981 Cayman S, also in Sapphire Blue. They were a lovely pair! Plus we had a runabout for the crappy jobs.

As was happening a lot in those days our transport needs changed (usually due to my wife's work location) and after almost 3 years of ownership we chopped in the Macan and Cayman for a gorgeous Racing Yellow 981GTS and some change, which I used to purchase a very special one of a kind Alpina from a friend. Thus we covered the fun miles in the Cayman GTS, with the Alpina (in itself a good fun 400hp tourer) to do family business Then my wife changed jobs again, and we moved from Chepstow back west to Pembrokeshire....resulting in a situation where we weren't using the two toys. So after 3 years of that combo we sold them last summer!

I'd already decided I wanted to return to a Macan, and a GTS to replace the two combinations we'd recently owned in one 'does it all' motor. With the impending release of the Gen3, we decided to wait for that to come into play, and placed a deposit back in early Sept 2021. Luckily our OPC in Cardiff received their demo GTS in late October, and we were loaned it for a few days 'just to make sure it's right'. Thanks goes to them as it proved useful. The only option we hadn't selected at that time was the Blind Spot Monitor, which proved so useful in vile autumnal weather at night that it was added to our spec!

Now we're impatiently awaiting our delivery in Q3 (that in itself is a wide timespan) of our Papaya GTS on good old RS Spyders, with, for us, the ideal spec. You'll take it from our car colour choices, we don't 'do bland' and actively avoid monochrome colours, and black interiors are a 'NO!' We were going to go Agate grey extended again, but the GTS with pebble highlights saves triggering my 'bloody black interiors!!!' OCD :mrgreen:

I hope to contribute occasionally as a now retired hands-on time srved engineer with a varied background, and a history of working on my own cars (no longer due to health issues, sadly), but I do keep them very shiny and well maintained :ugeek:

Really need that GTS to come along soon....relying on just an early build ID3 is fraught with dangers :lol:
Best, Ade

Incoming:
Papaya GTS build PPTLLZB0
Aurora Blue Cupra Born V3 77kW

Current:
BMW E92 330D Le Mans Blue

Previously loved:
2015 Sapphire Blue Macan SD
2014 Sapphire Blue 981S Cayman
2016 Racing Yellow 981GTS Cayman
Variety of ALPINA

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Welcome back. Hope you enjoy your GTS when it arrives.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
smithers-jones

Post by smithers-jones »

Cheers, and I will. Intend this one lasting a whole lot longer than the last time around...our final ICE car, whilst electric mobility sorts itself or alternatively hydrogen becomes THE fuel.
Best, Ade

Incoming:

Current:

Previously loved:
Variety of ALPINA
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Yes welcome back, when it arrives, join in the GTS waiting game. :( Ordered mine end July last year and still no allocation, originally told Q4 last year then Q1 this year, then Q2, the best it could now be is Q3. With current problems the latest being wiring loom shortage I've been told that it could be anything up to the end of the year, but could come forward :x No further news available currently.
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
smithers-jones

Post by smithers-jones »

EDZ wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:35 pm Yes welcome back, when it arrives, join in the GTS waiting game. :( Ordered mine end July last year and still no allocation, originally told Q4 last year then Q1 this year, then Q2, the best it could now be is Q3. With current problems the latest being wiring loom shortage I've been told that it could be anything up to the end of the year, but could come forward :x No further news available currently.

Yep. I've asked for any up to date insight from my OPC, but he's away from the business atm....I am expecting a delay on original target period. At least the id3 keeps me entertained in the meantime 😂 I did consider buying something to tide me over, but I'd rather do without the cost and hassle of someone's cast off for now.
Best, Ade

Incoming:

Current:

Previously loved:
Variety of ALPINA
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome back :D :D

I got my Macan a bit earlier than you and am still unsure about a replacement.

Hope your GTS comes soon :D :D :D
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I’m more interested in the Alpina touring, tell me more?
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
smithers-jones

Post by smithers-jones »

Kleynie wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:28 pm I’m more interested in the Alpina touring, tell me more?
2011 E91 B3S Biturbo, Space Grey with Black leather, usual Alpina refinements to engine, gearbox, suspension etc lightly optioned when new with a pano roof, privacy, parking sensors, lumbar and heat reducing screen and totally original except I had a Quaife LSD fitted virtually as soon as I bought it as I'd had an identical engined E92 ALPINA B3S Biturbo and found 400hp and 550Nm through an open diff was a poor idea! Known the car since nearly new, good friend of mine was second owner and I'd first refusal on it when he sold. That fitted in when I traded the Macan SD and Cayman S as I had some spare cash.

Only 3 of these came to the UK, all are different. Even more special to know that worldwide, it was the only RHD car in that particular build configuration. Sold it only for two reasons: one the steering was getting too heavy for me (it's hydraulic, heavy as hell and I have arthritis in hands and wrists) and alongside our Cayman GTS we didn't use either enough to justify keeping them. An underused car is a bad thing, two underused cars is a ticking bomb.

Any other questions, just ask: lovely rare thing in the hands of a chap in Glasgow, now, alongside his Racing Yellow 981 GT4
Best, Ade

Incoming:

Current:

Previously loved:
Variety of ALPINA
smithers-jones

Post by smithers-jones »

ScotMac wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:15 pm Welcome back :D :D

I got my Macan a bit earlier than you and am still unsure about a replacement.

Hope your GTS comes soon :D :D :D

Cheers!

I waited a long time for my first one, so this is becoming a 'normal feeling' now. If it hadn't been for a house move rendering the D only really seeing low miles use, I'd have kept it and upgraded to a Gen2 GTS at some much later stage. But the plan didn't quite work out. So, it's a Gen3 GTS, a wait, but if I hit the spec right, it'll stay a long while whilst the transformation to alternative propulsion systems irons itself out.
Best, Ade

Incoming:

Current:

Previously loved:
Variety of ALPINA
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

The Alpina sounds fab. I always wanted a B10 V8S touring after having owned a 530 touring of the same era (E39). They were expensive back then, but a good one now is in New Macan territory! Awesome cars!
A new(ish) Alpina would be the only thing to get me out of the Porsche brand at present. However, the latest 3 series (still B3?) are around £60k minimum, which is a lot for a 3 series.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.