Hello. New member here and first Porsche on order!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
as7920

Post by as7920 »

Hi all.

Mark here.

Ordered my Macan T a week or so ago. Build now locked in and due to be completed 6th April. Here's my spec: My Porsche Code

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNHITIP7

Started with quite a few options but my SA talked me out of a few and into some others.

Tested a 2.0l with PASM and A/S and was very happy with the ride. It had 21".

I've gone for the bespoke 20" wheels for the T so sticking with the 15mm Steel PASM, same for the T interior and agate grey bits. Think it goes well with Gentian. Agonised over exterior colour and still wonder If I made the right choice. Like Black, Grey, Silver and even Red and Orange too.

Was originally looking at a S/GTS before Gen 3 was announced however pandemic, semi-conductor issues and substantial £ increase made me reconsider and until the T came along had ditched the idea of a Macan altogether. Especially with lead times into 2023.

Then the Macan T was announced and an acquaintance knows the retail sales manager of the OPC and they suggested they would be able to get me a car ahead on the summer. This was my main reason for putting a deposit down almost straight away as our summer holiday has turned this into a road trip.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing regular updates. This my first Porsche, not what I would have imagined but can't wait. OPC have been fantastic.

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Welcome. You’re the second on here to have gotten a short delivery on a T. They have obviously reserved many slots on the line for the Ts. A little annoying for the rest of us but great for my bank balance until Porsche attempt to charge me more and lose my order altogether.
Macan S MY 2023
as7920

Post by as7920 »

Skyway wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:43 am Welcome. You’re the second on here to have gotten a short delivery on a T. They have obviously reserved many slots on the line for the Ts. A little annoying for the rest of us but great for my bank balance until Porsche attempt to charge me more and lose my order altogether.
Cheers. I saw 5 other slots (4 April and 1 May) for my OPC alone. Been informed 600 will be built for UK market.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome :D :D . Great looking spec..

Very fast delivery, hopefully. I had to wait for 14 months :roll: :roll:
Parvus77

Post by Parvus77 »

Great spec and amazing to have such short delivery - Like a dream (; Looking forward to seeing some Macan T’s in the flesh. My favourite interior in the T, wishing it was available in the range.
Patiently waiting for Macan GTS - PN1LVUL8
as7920

Post by as7920 »

ScotMac wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:35 am Welcome :D :D . Great looking spec..

Very fast delivery, hopefully. I had to wait for 14 months :roll: :roll:
Well, believe it when my hands are on the steering wheel. Primary reason for purchase, I wasn't guaranteed, but more like assured.
Hoping it's place in the queue means it'll be high on the list when productions resumes in earnest.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Great colour.

What are you going to do when you get one of these?

5E1543FC-CA35-4107-8153-230C7AA1DF97.jpeg

You have not included a spare wheel, or a compressor or tyre sealant so I suggest you obtain a tyre inflator kit to keep in the boot.

The SE should certainly have suggested you include some form or tyre repair system.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
as7920

Post by as7920 »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:07 pm Welcome.

Great colour.

You have not included a spare wheel, or a compressor or tyre sealant so I suggest you obtain a tyre inflator kit to keep in the boot.

The SE should certainly have suggested you include some form or tyre repair system.
The advised me not to both as most customers just call the breakdown service. Seems like a mistake then? And Mis-advice?

Actually I already have a Michelin inflator/compressor just no sealant.

It’s not even an expensive option. :( sounds like bum advice.
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

as7920 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:45 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:07 pm Welcome.

Great colour.

The advised me not to both as most customers just call the breakdown service. Seems like a mistake then? And Mis-advice?

Actually I already have a Michelin inflator/compressor just no sealant.

It’s not even an expensive option. :( sounds like bum advice.
All well and good provided you are not in the middle of no where with no phone signal always look at sods law :o
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

The subject of whether to have a spare wheel, jack and compressor or sealant and compressor has been debated to death on the forum. I think we would all agree that having some means of reinflating a tyre is useful insurance. There are various compressors that plug into one of the 12V power sockets available on Amazon. I don't know if it has changed but in the days when Porsche provided a compressor the supplied one had to be attached to the battery.

Col's picture is the exception that proves the rule but in most instances when the TPM sounds the alarm it's possible to get to your destination by reinflating the tyre.

Edit: Sorry, just read your last post. As you've already got a compressor you're reasonably well covered. I just bought a can of Holts Tyre Weld to add to my compressor.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel