Live Traffic Info on PCM Navigation Map Not Showing

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

My traffic info is again working this morning after a week or so without it 👍 Long may it continue 🤞🤞
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon

alians1109

Post by alians1109 »

So after much confusion between my OPC and Porsche Connect support, my car is now booked in for 2 weeks today to get this resolved. When I asked how long this was likely to take it was as if I’d asked the most complex question ever. Basically they’ve not a clue. Made some excuse re being dependent on server connectivity which sounds like complete BS. I asked for a Taycan as the courtesy car…got a Panamera … I could have it for days by the sound of things. They also said oh by the way there will be a charge if we don’t find anything wrong ….. really ….. do they think I’d contact them for no reason. Not impressed by Porsche after sales service so far although the services person was trying to be helpful. Grump off 😀
Macan S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNXGPN66
Miami|Bl Lthr|Pano|Blk Rails|Blades ext. clr|Model matt blk|Air|Sports Chrono|Blk T/pipes|75l|21" Spyder (satin blk)|18" spare|Tinted Tailights|Privacy|ParkAssist|LCA|18w|GT Race tex wheel|Bose
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

alians1109 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:55 pm So after much confusion between my OPC and Porsche Connect support, my car is now booked in for 2 weeks today to get this resolved. When I asked how long this was likely to take it was as if I’d asked the most complex question ever. Basically they’ve not a clue. Made some excuse re being dependent on server connectivity which sounds like complete BS. I asked for a Taycan as the courtesy car…got a Panamera … I could have it for days by the sound of things. They also said oh by the way there will be a charge if we don’t find anything wrong ….. really ….. do they think I’d contact them for no reason. Not impressed by Porsche after sales service so far although the services person was trying to be helpful. Grump off 😀
How can there be “nothing wrong” when the nav is patently not working and reduced to an electronic map book???!
I might be tempted to tell them to charge what they like but your charge to them for continuous system failure will be double!!
What a bunch of jokers. I hope other OPC’s are more empathetic.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
GTB

Post by GTB »

alians1109 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:55 pm So after much confusion between my OPC and Porsche Connect support, my car is now booked in for 2 weeks today to get this resolved. When I asked how long this was likely to take it was as if I’d asked the most complex question ever. Basically they’ve not a clue. Made some excuse re being dependent on server connectivity which sounds like complete BS. I asked for a Taycan as the courtesy car…got a Panamera … I could have it for days by the sound of things. They also said oh by the way there will be a charge if we don’t find anything wrong ….. really ….. do they think I’d contact them for no reason. Not impressed by Porsche after sales service so far although the services person was trying to be helpful. Grump off 😀
Mmmmm

Me thinks, they do not know 100% what they are to do!! As we know from this thread the Live traffic info isnt working, yours is a brand new car and you informed the OPC of that, up to them to get it sorted, bit of a cheek, if we dont find anything they will charge you? Just show them the screen of the Nav screen and the little globe and car icon missing, simple as that. I will be their inability to get that little globe and car icon onto your Nav screen and PCM.

Server connectivity? What do they not have an internet connection at Perth?

Sorry alians1109, not getting at you, its the excuse and info offered to you by the OPC that is getting my hackles up, as you know I have exact same issue and we share the same OPC, I was told they had been informed of a tech meeting and fix would be within a month, thats why I havent contacted them yet, but they know its not working in my car, I would hope they would reach out to all affected customers when they have executed the appropriate fix, not for each of us to battle away just on our own.

Anyway apart from the Live Traffic, hope you are loving all the rest of the car and its driving.

Cheers GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
pmg

Post by pmg »

Gtb, are you getting the other Porsche connect services, eg is the My Porsche app picking up your vehicle when you have logged in on it?

It may be totally coincidental, my Gen2 live traffic became stable and has been available ever since I have had My Porsche app running on my mobile and the phone connected to the in-car Wi-Fi network.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Ok, so Porsche “fixed” my data issue and now I’m getting this in the app.

Tried turning the car and the phone on and off, and restarting the app.

Everyone else’s working ok?

F63DAC9A-176F-4D21-9027-1D4B121AD741.jpeg

5084BAE2-B65E-44E3-8034-1001D310C9FC.jpeg

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Was working on Friday, but not today.

Screenshot_20220724-083309_My Porsche.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
pmg

Post by pmg »

My "My Porsche" was not working Friday and Saturday but has connected just now and updated info to the trip I did yesterday and showing green for the connection.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

pmg wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:39 am My "My Porsche" was not working Friday and Saturday but has connected just now and updated info to the trip I did yesterday and showing green for the connection.
Yep....mine's connecting again now too.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
GTB

Post by GTB »

pmg wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:26 pm Gtb, are you getting the other Porsche connect services, eg is the My Porsche app picking up your vehicle when you have logged in on it?

It may be totally coincidental, my Gen2 live traffic became stable and has been available ever since I have had My Porsche app running on my mobile and the phone connected to the in-car Wi-Fi network.
pmg,

Spooky you made this comment! My Porsche App always been working since I collected the car. But last night the homescreen just indicated " There is a problem" please retry later and a big red coloured retry bar, pressing it achieved nothing. I logged out then back in again and same message.

This morning tried the app again and was still the same, logged out then back in again and all working as before, so car location and details of my last trip tyre pressures fuel etc.

Still no Live Traffic info for the sat nav.....................................

Cheers GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0