Insurance Renewal Quote Down By 35%!

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

MattS wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:52 am I found similar- my insurance on my new Macan S (collected on Saturday :D ) was a few hundred £ less than I was paying previously on my A5 despite being roughly 50% more powerful and 50% more valuable. Not complaining!
I suspect its because the average driver is 50% older and only does 50% of the mileage. Lots of people buy Porsches, even Macan’s, and just leave them in their garages most of the year. If they don’t drive them it means fewer accidents, which means cheaper insurance for everyone else.

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

As you say range rovers are notorious for being nicked, these aren’t

Nobody would still the Aston because they know it will break down before they got too far away

Hopefully you have track day cover for the Clio included in that price. If not, you need to shop around
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

Tracky wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:30 am As you say range rovers are notorious for being nicked, these aren’t

Nobody would still the Aston because they know it will break down before they got too far away

Hopefully you have track day cover for the Clio included in that price. If not, you need to shop around
Hey - the Aston has been totally reliable from new! (honest!)

Unfortunately not, no. It was also the result of lots of shopping around...the only benefit I did have is £25k worth of fully comp cover when driving other people's cars instead of third party only. Even this isn't great as I used to have a policy with Pace Ward that extended £150k cover to anything I was driving as long as it was a privately owned and fully comp insured car with owners permission. That was a little more useful!
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Wotsits wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:39 pm
Tracky wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:30 am As you say range rovers are notorious for being nicked, these aren’t

Hey - the Aston has been totally reliable from new! (honest!)

Unfortunately not, no. It was also the result of lots of shopping around...the only benefit I did have is £25k worth of fully comp cover when driving other people's cars instead of third party only. Even this isn't great as I used to have a policy with Pace Ward that extended £150k cover to anything I was driving as long as it was a privately owned and fully comp insured car with owners permission. That was a little more useful!
Look up REIS insurance

I pay similar to you for a car that with respect probably cost a bit more, is highly tuned and I get 6 track days per year included
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
TK421

Post by TK421 »

I’ve been doing the rounds this morning for the GTS starting with my current insurance provider Direct Line, been with them for many years, but last year moved the misses car over to aviva as DL were miles out on price. House insurance is also going to move from them this year also. Anyway, they’re asking for 1000 excess , mandatory tracker must be fitted, and a huge hike in costs? So far admiral have quite looks the best with £500 excess and no mention of tracker. Will have a look at NFU, Aviva also quoted pretty good.
Anyone else I should consider guys?
(Thought I’d add to the insurance thread and keep things tidy)
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

The final Hurrah http://www.porsche-code.com/PRSB8KW7
shaunyt0

Post by shaunyt0 »

TK421 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:59 am I’ve been doing the rounds this morning for the GTS starting with my current insurance provider Direct Line, been with them for many years, but last year moved the misses car over to aviva as DL were miles out on price. House insurance is also going to move from them this year also. Anyway, they’re asking for 1000 excess , mandatory tracker must be fitted, and a huge hike in costs? So far admiral have quite looks the best with £500 excess and no mention of tracker. Will have a look at NFU, Aviva also quoted pretty good.
Anyone else I should consider guys?
(Thought I’d add to the insurance thread and keep things tidy)

You could try LV I've used them for 3 years and no one else could touch them but that might change when the new one comes along. eventually :?
Shaun T

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNGQ5LZ6

Current Python Green G3 GTS
Jaguar F Pace 300 Sport
Jaguar F Pace R Sport
Various Freelander's and Discovery's
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

LV= best for my GTS. Just renewed at a lower premium than last year. Get a quote direct from them at www.lv.com

For a wider market search try www.confused.com
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

LV quoted us over £200 more than Admiral this year. I've never had a competitive quote for LV, must be where I live.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I'm with LV currently (just had my renewal email, up a bit, £430 for 2 cars, probably not enough to make me change Compare the Market has nothing better but will check a couple directly before deciding). Also Privilege is worth a look, I was with them for year 2 of Macan ownership they have 2 years of replacement with new.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
TK421

Post by TK421 »

Thanks guys, will give LV a whirl as well. Have used them in the past and they were competitive then. Thanks for the heads up.
Are most owners fitting trackers? Of going the GAP route?
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

The final Hurrah http://www.porsche-code.com/PRSB8KW7