Just joined...Macan S due next month

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
DiverNick

Post by DiverNick »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:07 am You did well to get that info out of the OPC, usually they clam up about these details.

As it is your Macan does not look as though it will have been built yet, and with the halting of all production the date when it will be built is probably now sadly unknown.

From another thread it was written that production would be stopped until at least the end of this week, so even if say they could start up production again there would be a minimum of about 10 days delay in planned production dates.

Given the supply difficulties it is a big IF that the supply chain can be fixed soon and production restarted. It is clear that the suppliers within or near the War zone are very unlikely to be able to complete the orders from Porsche and Porsche in turn would need to initiate alternatives which is not something that can be achieved within a manufacturing supplier who would need to not only buy the raw materials but to re-configure their production machinery.

Car manufacturers operate what is called a JIT supply chain where this stands for just in time. This means what it says, the do not hold stock, if anything the supplier holds stock and supplies the car manufacturer with the parts on a specific date and often within a very tight time window. This results in very little leeway in the event of supply chain disruption.

Sorry if this is adding to your woes.
Col, you're spot on! My SE shared a similar build programme for my Feb build - now likely to be April delivery, maybe!
My "S" had a "V260, Entry to body shop (CP 0.0)" as planned 04-02-2022 and an actual date of 02-02-2022.
However the build stalled before "V300 Vehicle Completion (CP 8.0) planned for 11-02-2022.
Still waiting for an updated build date - VERY frustrating.

Percymon

Post by Percymon »

crxvtec wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:17 am Hi all,

I understand the scepticism given current events.

When I said it's due next month per the dealer email, please see encl. what he sent me.

Also thanks for the notes on boot protection. I'll look into those shortly.

Just out of interest, has anyone seen a 2022 spec change on seat fabrics?

Thanks,

C
Sorry to say but macan production finished on 2nd March and no further builds this month due to supply chain issues understandably from Ukraine. The good news is that your build was pretty close to starting so you shouldn’t be affected by the 400 cars reordered after the sinking of the cargo ship Felicity Ace.

Id talk to your OPC but realistically I think late May is probably the earliest you might take delivery now
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

Surely the reordered cars won't make too big a difference, I can't remember the exact figures but I'm sure 400 is a day or twos production?
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

jonnydrama wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:50 am Surely the reordered cars won't make too big a difference, I can't remember the exact figures but I'm sure 400 is a day or twos production?
They are probably worth 2-3 days production, but have taken priority over cars not released to build stage.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

jonnydrama wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:50 am Surely the reordered cars won't make too big a difference, I can't remember the exact figures but I'm sure 400 is a day or twos production?
The build numbers is not where the problems are likely to be.

It is with the component parts being available or otherwise once production starts up again.

The breakdown of the included options of the lost 400 will affect production especially if a significant number are Lot Cars which are pre-configured to a specific spec so the spoilt Yanks can go to a dealer, pay and drive off there and then.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:15 pm
The build numbers is not where the problems are likely to be.

It is with the component parts being available or otherwise once production starts up again.

The breakdown of the included options of the lost 400 will affect production especially if a significant number are Lot Cars which are pre-configured to a specific spec so the spoilt Yanks can go to a dealer, pay and drive off there and then.
I suspect there will be some cancellations in that list though. People that ordered quite a while ago may not be happy with the, understandably, ever dwindling parts list compared with what they ordered
crxvtec

Post by crxvtec »

I sent the screenshot of the production stop bulletin to the OPC and they confirmed the worst. From reading around I understand that wiring harnesses are produced in western Ukraine and those plants are now shut so it might be some time before those plants re-open or an alternative supply chain is established.

I'm now wondering if the electric Macan is going to be in my hands sooner...in which case I'll flip the order over.
Macan S: Papaya with a lot of toys
Cayman R: Peridot with all the toys
Boxster S: SOLD in 2013
Deleted User 4752

crxvtec wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:02 pm I sent the screenshot of the production stop bulletin to the OPC and they confirmed the worst. From reading around I understand that wiring harnesses are produced in western Ukraine and those plants are now shut so it might be some time before those plants re-open or an alternative supply chain is established.

I'm now wondering if the electric Macan is going to be in my hands sooner...in which case I'll flip the order over.
I think alternate supply chains are the only realistic option. There are just too many issues at hand: what if the factory has been bombed; what if the workers in the factory have been conscripted, or worse; what if Russia wins, who will Porsche have to deal with then?

I think looking at alternative suppliers inside the EU is really their only viable option. That will take many months, if not years.

What a mess. Globalisation seems to be falling apart very quickly.
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

THHGTTG wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:07 pm
crxvtec wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:02 pm I sent the screenshot of the production stop bulletin to the OPC and they confirmed the worst. From reading around I understand that wiring harnesses are produced in western Ukraine and those plants are now shut so it might be some time before those plants re-open or an alternative supply chain is established.

I think alternate supply chains are the only realistic option. There are just too many issues at hand: what if the factory has been bombed; what if the workers in the factory have been conscripted, or worse; what if Russia wins, who will Porsche have to deal with then?

I think looking at alternative suppliers inside the EU is really their only viable option. That will take many months, if not years.

I spoke to my SE this morning and he's quite optimistic! He says the expectation is that everything will be put back one month. Porsche already multi-source most components and they just need time to reallocate lost Ukraine products to the rest of their European suppliers and reschedule the production lines.

He will get back to me with my specific order progress tomorrow.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Deleted User 4752

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:48 pm
THHGTTG wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:07 pm

I spoke to my SE this morning and he's quite optimistic! He says the expectation is that everything will be put back one month. Porsche already multi-source most components and they just need time to reallocate lost Ukraine products to the rest of their European suppliers and reschedule the production lines.

He will get back to me with my specific order progress tomorrow.
Hopefully he’s right, and not just being an SE. TBH I have no idea about how their supply chain works. If they already have backup suppliers then hopefully they can switch over relatively quickly. If not, then I don’t see how they can resume service for some considerable time.