Just joined...Macan S due next month

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
crxvtec

Post by crxvtec »

Hi everyone, I'm getting my first Macan (but my 3rd Porsche) next month, per the dealer's email.

I wanted to ask about bootliners - I'm thinking to get the high backed one for kids' bikes, luggage, shopping etc.

Are there any other must have accessories?

My build code is: PN3R4ZT3

Thanks!

C
Macan S: Papaya with a lot of toys
Cayman R: Peridot with all the toys
Boxster S: SOLD in 2013

EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Welcome to the forum.
That must be the most optimistic email I have heard of coming from an OPC. Considering the current production stop and closure of the factory and all the press articles, I don't think any cars will be coming for quite a while yet. Add to this the back log when they do eventually re-open it definitely will not be next month for you unfortunately, as they say never give up hope anyway. IMO, But good luck.
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Hi and welcome to the forum. Everyone has their own ideas on must have accessories just as with options.

When I bought my SD in 2015, I bought a dealer supplied double sided boot mat. Carpet one side and rubber on the other. I just transferred it to the GTS. I don't know if they are still available but it might be worth asking your OPC.

Enjoy your car when it arrives.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

Just an FYI, my sons 24" bike wouldn't fit in our Macan without the rear seats being folded down so unless it's very small bikes spec the low height bootliner.
Sniperob

Post by Sniperob »

https://www.hatchbag.co.uk/

In most of my cars I've always used one of these which are great. Worth a look if you want to keep everything clean in the boot.
First Porsche ordered September 2021: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNLRZA37

Build completion 14th May. Collected 30th June. Macan S Volcano Grey
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome :D :D

Hope you get your Macan.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

I suggest you get in touch with the OPC to find out the actual status of your Macan.

IE,
(1) Is it yet to be built, or (2) is it built and in the factory compound, or (3) is it in transit.

1 no chance of getting it soon

2 an outside chance IF they are clearing the factory compound of cars

3 probable

Despite what the OPC may say they can easily look up the status of the car on their system.

Re boot storage, forget it it may look spacious but it is not. If you were wise enough to include roof rails in your spec (it is an SUV after all) then buy a bike rack system.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:23 pm Welcome.

I suggest you get in touch with the OPC to find out the actual status of your Macan.

IE,
(1) Is it yet to be built, or (2) is it built and in the factory compound, or (3) is it in transit.

1 no chance of getting it soon

2 an outside chance IF they are clearing the factory compound of cars

3 probable

Despite what the OPC may say they can easily look up the status of the car on their system.

Re boot storage, forget it it may look spacious but it is not. If you were wise enough to include roof rails in your spec (it is an SUV after all) then buy a bike rack system.
Good points raised there Col lamb. I took it that as the OP had not mentioned any build dates and any build dates given after the 3rd of March will not be built, and those that had been built will probably be at dealers before the end of this month, that the OP's car was yet to be built.
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
crxvtec

Post by crxvtec »

Hi all,

I understand the scepticism given current events.

When I said it's due next month per the dealer email, please see encl. what he sent me.

Also thanks for the notes on boot protection. I'll look into those shortly.

Just out of interest, has anyone seen a 2022 spec change on seat fabrics?

Thanks,

C

PVMS.png

Macan S: Papaya with a lot of toys
Cayman R: Peridot with all the toys
Boxster S: SOLD in 2013
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

You did well to get that info out of the OPC, usually they clam up about these details.

As it is your Macan does not look as though it will have been built yet, and with the halting of all production the date when it will be built is probably now sadly unknown.

From another thread it was written that production would be stopped until at least the end of this week, so even if say they could start up production again there would be a minimum of about 10 days delay in planned production dates.

Given the supply difficulties it is a big IF that the supply chain can be fixed soon and production restarted. It is clear that the suppliers within or near the War zone are very unlikely to be able to complete the orders from Porsche and Porsche in turn would need to initiate alternatives which is not something that can be achieved within a manufacturing supplier who would need to not only buy the raw materials but to re-configure their production machinery.

Car manufacturers operate what is called a JIT supply chain where this stands for just in time. This means what it says, the do not hold stock, if anything the supplier holds stock and supplies the car manufacturer with the parts on a specific date and often within a very tight time window. This results in very little leeway in the event of supply chain disruption.

Sorry if this is adding to your woes.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags