PCM Failed

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Corneyboy wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:29 pm
M_G_Glasgow wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:05 pm Just thought I'd add my experience.
The remote services on my Macan were set up on 2nd December, stopped working on 9th December. Took the car back to OPC in January where they tried a reset, which didn't work, and they then contacted Vodafone. They were told that the VTS module had failed and would need to be replaced.
New VTS module ordered and fitted in February, this time it worked for 14 days!
Car is currently with the OPC where they are trying another reset.
The car is now 15 weeks old and the system has worked for 3 weeks, 20% of the time I've owned it. From talking to the OPC it seems that this is not an uncommon issue.
Thanks for the info, but are you sure it is remote services? I was told by Porsche UK yesterday that Remote Services are currently not available for the Macan via the My Porsche app. Which services do you mean by Remote Services?
Must say the last couple of posts do highlight a bit of an issue with Porsche; there seems to he no common understanding or agreement between one dealer and the next and between any of them and Porsche UK. Customers seem to get the runaround all the time with no real answers.

M_G_Glasgow

Post by M_G_Glasgow »

M_G_Glasgow wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:05 pm Just thought I'd add my experience.
The remote services on my Macan were set up on 2nd December, stopped working on 9th December. Took the car back to OPC in January where they tried a reset, which didn't work, and they then contacted Vodafone. They were told that the VTS module had failed and would need to be replaced.
The car is now 15 weeks old and the system has worked for 3 weeks, 20% of the time I've owned it. From talking to the OPC it seems that this is not an uncommon issue.
Thanks for the info, but are you sure it is remote services? I was told by Porsche UK yesterday that Remote Services are currently not available for the Macan via the My Porsche app. Which services do you mean by Remote Services?
I'm using the My Porsche app. By remote services I mean mileage, fuel level, trip data, location and vehicle status.
I initially used the Connect and Car Connect apps and they worked for a week. After the VTS module was replaced I switched to the My Porsche app, and it worked for two weeks, then stopped updating. The car is currently in the OPC and 30 minutes ago the info on the app updated and showed me the correct mileage etc.
I spoke to Porsche UK a couple of weeks ago and they told me that the system should be working with the Macan. When I asked about the subscription, l which is due to run out at the end of the year, they said that it would be extended.
Deleted User 4752

M_G_Glasgow wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:34 pm
I'm using the My Porsche app. By remote services I mean mileage, fuel level, trip data, location and vehicle status.
I initially used the Connect and Car Connect apps and they worked for a week. After the VTS module was replaced I switched to the My Porsche app, and it worked for two weeks, then stopped updating. The car is currently in the OPC and 30 minutes ago the info on the app updated and showed me the correct mileage etc.
I spoke to Porsche UK a couple of weeks ago and they told me that the system should be working with the Macan. When I asked about the subscription, l which is due to run out at the end of the year, they said that it would be extended.
None of that info is present in the new app though. I don’t mean its not working, I mean its not an option. It was on the previous app, which looked terrible but actually worked, the new app looks better but has zero usable value. It has no option to show tyre pressure, fuel levels, remaining mileage, flash the lights, sound the horn, geo fencing, speed fencing etc, like the outgoing app. Those options aren’t blank, they just aren’t there
Deleted User 4752

This is the details screen ( i’ve removed the vin no obvs )

09A47626-C01E-4074-BD28-8600AC4CFFF8.jpeg

And this is the Functions screen ( please note that the alarms section is just an image, pressing it doesn’t do anything )

A6B0F98B-FFF0-4FA5-9120-47CC1468A066.jpeg

Deleted User 4752

Map now just shows this, despite working on the old app.

I don’t care how much of a Porsche fan boy you are, you have to admit this is utter garbage

95DAA858-48F2-494B-9563-06D7A3A05C4C.jpeg

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I am now only subscribed to Navigation+, my Map works (not car location, although it's showing MY location) and allows me to search for locations, send them to the car and/or save them to Favourites. Thas all I wanted so no issues here.
Last edited by Neil1911 on Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

THHGTTG wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:55 pm

None of that info is present in the new app though. I don’t mean its not working, I mean its not an option. It was on the previous app, which looked terrible but actually worked, the new app looks better but has zero usable value. It has no option to show tyre pressure, fuel levels, remaining mileage, flash the lights, sound the horn, geo fencing, speed fencing etc, like the outgoing app. Those options aren’t blank, they just aren’t there
What of all this “stuff” can you not see within about 10 seconds of actually getting in the car? If nothing, what exactly can you do with this info?
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

It was cute but not worth paying for, hence come renewal I didn't!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Deleted User 4752

Jon A wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:09 pm
THHGTTG wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:55 pm

What of all this “stuff” can you not see within about 10 seconds of actually getting in the car? If nothing, what exactly can you do with this info?
For one thing you can tell if your car has been nicked, or if the service guys have chosen to take it for a joy ride. Or if you left it in a large car park and can’t find it you can bip the horn and flash the lights.

To me the issue really is that if they offer the service then it should work.

One of the other options on the app is to lock and unlock the car remotely. They is extremely useful for the many times we’ve all left our cars in a car park and had that panic moment where we can’t remember if we locked it or not. But guess what…….
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Ok cool I get car location that might be useful. The car will auto lock anyway after a set time if you have the key?
All the other stuff is a joke! Even loading sat nav destinations would literally take longer than the six or seven seconds it would take a voice command while in the car. I would never dream of paying anything for this stuff it’s just not useable….
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0