PCM Failed

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

How would I perform a hard reboot and then a software update?

Would I need to take it back to the OPC?
Collected: Gen III Macan S, Night Blue, Surround view, Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass, Bose, 18" Spare wheel, PS+, 8 way Black/Mojave Beige two-tone standard interior

Ordered July 21, Collected February 22

GTB

Post by GTB »

Depends if you are right or left footed which boot you strike with first !!!!!

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
Corneyboy

Post by Corneyboy »

Ken C wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:36 pm How would I perform a hard reboot and then a software update?

Yes, my OPC (Guildford) did it. You need to speak with your OPC as I believe it's hidden under the rear seats.
Gen 3 Macan S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PN3Q73U2
Previously Gen 1 SD sold 06/21
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

Corneyboy wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:39 pm
Ken C wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:36 pm How would I perform a hard reboot and then a software update?

Yes, my OPC (Guildford) did it. You need to speak with your OPC as I believe it's hidden under the rear seats.
Thanks Corneyboy, I’ll give my OPC a call tomorrow. 🤞🏼It can sort the non-connection.
Collected: Gen III Macan S, Night Blue, Surround view, Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass, Bose, 18" Spare wheel, PS+, 8 way Black/Mojave Beige two-tone standard interior

Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Ok, so technically my PCM hasn’t failed but in the last few days I have had a couple of issues. Anyone else found the same?

1. The My Porsche app no longer automatically connects to the PCM. I have to open the App and select the car. It then connects almost instantly, but its a bit of a pain having to do it manually every time. Before anyone asks, i do have it set up to always connect.

2. This has happened tonight. I have the compass turned on in the sat nav. Not all that useful but looks cool. When I got in it tonight I noticed the compass is no longer displaying. I checked the settings and it is turned on. I even tried turning it off and back on again, and turning the car on/off. No joy. I haven’t changed anything its just not working any more.

This adds to the My Porsche ID that still doesn’t work properly. Porsche could really do with a few decent programmers.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Or just take it from another car in the VAG group. Or perhaps tempt a few Tesla programmers. I’m sure Porsche have enough to fund it ;)
Last edited by Skyway on Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Macan S MY 2023
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Skyway wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:22 pm Or just take it from another car in the VAG group.
Indeed. The tech on the Q4 etron I drove was amazing. Loved the AR heads-up display especially
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

Spoken to my OPC today and they passed me over to Porsche GB to check everything is setup correctly.

They contacted Vodafone Vehicles and found they cannot communicate with my car either.

So the solution is to arrange an appointment for the OPC to reboot the system in the car and then they to inform Vodafone Vehicles to send an OTA update.

Car is booked in middle of next month, so I will keep you posted.

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Is that by choice? Surely this is a while you wait job that could be done quicker?
Macan S MY 2023
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

They need the car in for 2 days.

They said they reboot and then keep it over night and then get the update sent through.

I wonder what loan car they are going to provide? They said their loan cars are either Macan’s or Cayman’s.