Crayon Macan S on order

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

Amitm7 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:25 am Thanks for the welcome and the tips everyone. The storage is just for the seat back storage for the baby that I have on the way! As for the spare wheel, I've been toying with this for a while... One question would be why are there two sizes of spare?

I also assume the sealing compound isn't worth it??

Also having read some threads on here I'm going to get rid of the PDSL+

Congrats to you both.

I’ve had my Macan for over 5+ years. I do not have a spare, i pay for warranty and breakdown, thus if i get a flat tyre i will use breakdown recovery, I’ve paid for it, its a personal decision. The extra boot space under the boot floor has come in very handy.

Sealing compound... There are other options if you can locate the hole and plug it. A tyre plug kit will work, will get you home, I've used it on a superbike tyre without issues, £20 kit, chuck it in the car and leave it there, no need to replace at
Porsche prices every service.
Macan GTS collected 01/092022 - PN4IVH48

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Previous - 991.1 TTS met an untimely and sad end.
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Amitm7 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:25 am The storage is just for the seat back storage for the baby that I have on the way!

:o :shock: :o :shock: :o surely not!

If you can afford a Porsche buy a baby seat. Social Services will be after you if you cram the poor little mite in the seat back, although they might not catch up with you, on the road at least! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Amitm7

Post by Amitm7 »

Got it, thanks Nick! I'll add it on. Thankfully I can tweak the spec for a while until I get my build slot :)
Macan S (Crayon) Gen III Ordered in January 2022

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNQ259Q4
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Amitm7 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:25 am Thanks for the welcome and the tips everyone. The storage is just for the seat back storage for the baby that I have on the way! As for the spare wheel, I've been toying with this for a while... One question would be why are there two sizes of spare?

I also assume the sealing compound isn't worth it??

Also having read some threads on here I'm going to get rid of the PDSL+
I have a young one and another on the way and didn’t spec storage - I probably would spec it if I order another macan. The after market alternatives I’ve seen so far to provide storage for them in the back have looked pretty cheap(open to decent suggestions if anyone has one).
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Having had three, all in mass market cars with standard seat back storage, my suggestions are: ban food in the car (good luck with their mother and that one), consign shoes to the boot and install a perspex anti Covid screen (but for the vomit in this instance). Alternatively, buy a banger for kindertransport!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Amitm7 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:44 am Got it, thanks Nick! I'll add it on. Thankfully I can tweak the spec for a while until I get my build slot :)
The question "Should I order a spare?" has been debated to death on the forum. So far, there is no sign of agreement except to agree to disagree.

Just a few points to consider. 1. Where will you put the punctured wheel after you've fitted the spare? It won't fit in the well that the collapsible spare sits in. 2. Do you want to be jacking up a two ton car on the flimsy little jack that is provided? 3. When was the last time that you had a puncture that left you stranded?

In case you haven't guessed, I'm with the gunk and compressor brigade.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

On-Track wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:36 am
Amitm7 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:44 am Got it, thanks Nick! I'll add it on. Thankfully I can tweak the spec for a while until I get my build slot :)
The question "Should I order a spare?" has been debated to death on the forum. So far, there is no sign of agreement except to agree to disagree.

Just a few points to consider. 1. Where will you put the punctured wheel after you've fitted the spare? It won't fit in the well that the collapsible spare sits in. 2. Do you want to be jacking up a two ton car on the flimsy little jack that is provided? 3. When was the last time that you had a puncture that left you stranded?

+1. IF you should get a complete flat tyre. Then call out Porsche Assist (AA) they carry temporary spares and will do all the off / on work. Then take your wheel to your tyre dealer.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
PowerMalc

Post by PowerMalc »

A point to note is that if you have the N rated tyre repaired and plugged, it will not pass the 111 point check if you extend the Porsche warranty
https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PPHDBG45
Macan S ordered 14-1-22 Gentian, extended Mojave, Walnut, Air, sunroof, 14 way, ACC, LCA, keyfree, surround, spare, HFW, PS+, PDLS+, Heated wheel, rear airbags, autodim, vented seats
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

PowerMalc wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:23 pm A point to note is that if you have the N rated tyre repaired and plugged, it will not pass the 111 point check if you extend the Porsche warranty
Really? I am in the process of ditching two virtually new tyres due to the wrong N rating (N1 at the rear and N0 at the front). The rules just get more ridiculous by the day.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

On-Track wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:36 am

The wheel can go in the boot, assuming you have space which you surely do by moving the boot paraphernalia into the cabin. The on board jack is actually very good, one of the best I've used. I had three punctures in one wheel last year and always carry a spare. And yes I had the tyre repaired and had Porsche warranty (God forbid)
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.