Crayon Macan S on order

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Amitm7

Post by Amitm7 »

Hey everyone!

Just thought I'd introduce myself formally. Will be a new Porsche owner this year and can't wait!!

Shame that the build/slots/ordering is taking so long but can't be helped unfortunately.

Amit
Macan S (Crayon) Gen III Ordered in January 2022

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNQ259Q4

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Presume it will be your first Porsche, if so time will probably drag but it will more than be worthwhile when the day does arrive.

At least you will get the free PEC session at Silverstone to put you on, if you have not already been.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
andreas

Post by andreas »

Nice spec! It will be well worth the wait.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Nice spec!!!! Will defo be worth the wait!!!

:-)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

BTW

What are you going to do if you get one of these in a location where there is no mobile signal?

As standard a Porsche does not come with a spare or even tyre sealant and compressor.

14F9F8C0-DF2A-44D4-AB57-F744B27C5DF8.jpeg

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 4325

You absolutely, have to get a spare!!!

Never used mine for my car but had to help out my mum's Q2 that came with a can of gunk!!!!!
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

IIRC someone on here did a write up on their spec and it included the ‘storage’ option and they stated it was a waste of money.
I haven't specced it for this reason and never saw the need for it anyway in my current Macan, personally.

Might be worth finding the thread for it, unless of course you really want that option.
Macan GTS collected 01/092022 - PN4IVH48

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Previous - 991.1 TTS met an untimely and sad end.
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D
Amitm7

Post by Amitm7 »

Thanks for the welcome and the tips everyone. The storage is just for the seat back storage for the baby that I have on the way! As for the spare wheel, I've been toying with this for a while... One question would be why are there two sizes of spare?

I also assume the sealing compound isn't worth it??

Also having read some threads on here I'm going to get rid of the PDSL+
Macan S (Crayon) Gen III Ordered in January 2022

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNQ259Q4
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Amitm7 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:25 am Thanks for the welcome and the tips everyone. The storage is just for the seat back storage for the baby that I have on the way! As for the spare wheel, I've been toying with this for a while... One question would be why are there two sizes of spare?

In the configurator, under wheel accessories, click on the information button. This explains the differences. You need the 18" spare wheel for your spec. If you were ordering the GTS, or Porsche Surface Coated Brakes (PSCB), you would need the 19" spare.

The sealing compound is an emergency get-you-home option for a slow puncture. It can't seal a large hole. I've used it once and then had tyre repairers refuse to do a puncture repair due to the sealant in the tyre.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Deleted User 4325

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:55 am
Amitm7 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:25 am Thanks for the welcome and the tips everyone. The storage is just for the seat back storage for the baby that I have on the way! As for the spare wheel, I've been toying with this for a while... One question would be why are there two sizes of spare?

In the configurator, under wheel accessories, click on the information button. This explains the differences. You need the 18" spare wheel for your spec. If you were ordering the GTS, or Porsche Surface Coated Brakes (PSCB), you would need the 19" spare.

The sealing compound is an emergency get-you-home option for a slow puncture. It can't seal a large hole. I've used it once and then had tyre repairers refuse to do a puncture repair due to the sealant in the tyre.
+1