Well everything that could happen has...

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
rhysthewookie

Post by rhysthewookie »

Well what day yesterday was.
My 28k miles 67 GTS that i've had for 8 months went in for its Transfer Box. All identified and replaced the same day with zero cost, happy days.

Then when going through the health check.... "Suspected timing chain cover leaking heavily" 🤦‍♂️ expected cost £6,600.
Little silly running it out of warranty, but having a major service 8 months ago(and health check) gave me a little false hope that it would be fine for a year(until i would probably sell).

They cleaned the oil up and "chalked?". Now have to wait 1000 miles now to identify if and where the leak is coming from, then work out what to do from there.

Frustrating as a 28k mile Porsche engine shouldn't be leaking. Wonder if Porsche GB will show any pitty/goodwill and assist....

Time will tell(or 1000 miles).
Happy Wednesday everybody 😂

Percymon

Post by Percymon »

As it’s a known issue, I would hope for some goodwill from Porsche. There are some independents and the odd OPC that can cut the job time by not removing the engine, so worth asking what method and time allocation they are quoting . I’d ring around a few OPCs to see what they quote for the job.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

If it is a known issue Porsche should pay for the majority of this.

As said, a Porsche with 28,000 miles shouldn't be leaking oil (or require a new transfer box :roll: :roll: )
rhysthewookie

Post by rhysthewookie »

Percymon wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:40 am As it’s a known issue, I would hope for some goodwill from Porsche. There are some independents and the odd OPC that can cut the job time by not removing the engine, so worth asking what method and time allocation they are quoting . I’d ring around a few OPCs to see what they quote for the job.
Definitely in my plan. Though i can only assume if the car was done at a indie or an OPC that didn't drop the engine, Porsche wouldn't warranty the car in the future?

But we'll see, have a couple months before OPC want to see it again anyway. Going to be a nervous 1000 miles thats for sure!
ScotMac wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:51 am If it is a known issue Porsche should pay for the majority of this.

As said, a Porsche with 28,000 miles shouldn't be leaking oil (or require a new transfer box :roll: :roll: )
I didn't have to search far on various forums to find its a common issue unfortunately. One can only hope that the Porsche gods look down favourably on me.
Its frustrating as i love the car, its been above and beyond anything i could of expected day to day. I really don't want this issue to taint my first delve into Porsche life shrug :(

Does anyone know the process of attempting to get Porsche GB to help? is it the OPC who will have to ask or is it me to ring customer services?
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

If you can get an indi to do the job for £1500, then you have £4.5k for any future issues. Its always a balance/gamble whether to pay silly OPC service costs and keep paying the warranty extensions versus banking the savings for any future event (that might never happen)
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

also check this recent thread..

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=11785