whistling noise.

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
Brelly

Post by Brelly »

Hi I have a Macan Turbo 2015 with 26k on the clock.
On a recent journey my car has started to whistle at speeds over 40 mph.
It appears like a wind noise and its coming from the direction of the near side rearof the car.
Has anyone else had this problem.
Thanks
Russ

Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Could be coming from the window or door seals. Give them a light brushing with an old toothbrush to make sure they are clean and not sticking.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Apply a light smearing of Vaseline to your door seals to help soften then. As mentioned above, could be the door seals or even the window isn't shutting fully.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Better lubricant is silicon grease rather than petroleum base. Try Screwfix or Amazon…..

Also try resetting the closing point of the windows. See the manual or Good to Know app for the procedure. But come back if you can’t find it.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
andreas

Post by andreas »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:19 pm Better lubricant is silicon grease rather than petroleum base.
I use Sonax rubber treatment, cheap and effective.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SONAX-03401000 ... B0012AW4RO
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

I've used Vaseline for over 15 years on the door rubbers and never had an issue (although the above is correct that it can ruin the rubber)
Gummi pfleg has a good reputation too.
Last edited by Rarecolour on Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ex -
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

…so, apart from resealing the window frames, sunroom seals, clearing the drains and making sure the door handles aren’t cracked, we can then check the transfer box is ok. Then we can make sure we have “run in” the mass produced engine, bedded in the brake pads and then changed the oil every couple of days unless we have driven far enough to warm the engine.
In the meantime my wife has covered 50,000 miles in her M240i cabriolet without a single leak, engine issue, oil loss and without ever running it in or doing more than about 5 miles every journey and all this on just one change of brake pads…
Beginning to suspect that the Macan might be a very high maintenance SUV! 😂😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Pretty sure if you go on any manufacturer owners forum you'll see the same on those.

You should go on the Audi forums, gearboxes were made of chocolate, suspension would always leak even after 3 versions over a decade, 50p 'o' ring failure means engine out jobby, turbo feed pipe strainer would block...........
Ex -
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Jon A wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:33 pm …so, apart from resealing the window frames, sunroom seals, clearing the drains and making sure the door handles aren’t cracked, we can then check the transfer box is ok. Then we can make sure we have “run in” the mass produced engine, bedded in the brake pads and then changed the oil every couple of days unless we have driven far enough to warm the engine.
In the meantime my wife has covered 50,000 miles in her M240i cabriolet without a single leak, engine issue, oil loss and without ever running it in or doing more than about 5 miles every journey and all this on just one change of brake pads…

I would always run in any new engine, brakes and tyres regardless of the make.

Never had any of those problems with either of my Macans. With just one service after 2 years on the SD. The GTS is not due its 1st service or oil change until the end of May 2022. Neither has needed any other work or rectification. 👌
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:47 pm
Jon A wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:33 pm …so, apart from resealing the window frames, sunroom seals, clearing the drains and making sure the door handles aren’t cracked, we can then check the transfer box is ok. Then we can make sure we have “run in” the mass produced engine, bedded in the brake pads and then changed the oil every couple of days unless we have driven far enough to warm the engine.

I would always run in any new engine, brakes and tyres regardless of the make.

Never had any of those problems with either of my Macans. With just one service after 2 years on the SD. The GTS is not due its 1st service or oil change until the end of May 2022. Neither has needed any other work or rectification. 👌
Good to hear Steve but my post was tongue in cheek. It seems the forum has been about nothing but these issues for the last few weeks so it’s great to know there are “normal cars” out there that you just get in and drive! 😎
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0