Air Suspension

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Re Air on a Porsche Macan. I’ve had air on Mercedes, Lexus and Range Rover and can agree they all have the tendency to waft and some even wallow. But…. Air on a Macan “DOES NOT WAFT😖‼️“ Sorry for shouting but every time I see this it winds me up, feel better now off my chest 🤐 As others already stated, really should try for yourself 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

MikeM wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:53 pm Re Air on a Porsche Macan. I’ve had air on Mercedes, Lexus and Range Rover and can agree they all have the tendency to waft and some even wallow. But…. Air on a Macan “DOES NOT WAFT😖‼️“ Sorry for shouting but every time I see this it winds me up, feel better now off my chest 🤐 As others already stated, really should try for yourself 👍

I never had an issue with the air suspension on my Panamera 4. When I bought it, air suspension was compulsory. And I nearly always drove it in low/Sport mode.

Having said that, different people react differently, so even if ‘waft’ might not be the right word, some buyers, or potential buyers have felt queasy in a Macan equipped with air. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
pmg

Post by pmg »

The availability of air was one of the reasons I bought my Macan. Having no suspension faults to date having air suspension was the tipping factor for just having extended the warranty by three years especially as the same rate is charged irrespective of the car's suspension.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:57 pm
MikeM wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:53 pm Re Air on a Porsche Macan. I’ve had air on Mercedes, Lexus and Range Rover and can agree they all have the tendency to waft and some even wallow. But…. Air on a Macan “DOES NOT WAFT😖‼️“ Sorry for shouting but every time I see this it winds me up, feel better now off my chest 🤐 As others already stated, really should try for yourself 👍

I never had an issue with the air suspension on my Panamera 4. When I bought it, air suspension was compulsory. And I nearly always drove it in low/Sport mode.

Having said that, different people react differently, so even if ‘waft’ might not be the right word, some buyers, or potential buyers have felt queasy in a Macan equipped with air. ;)
Give them a Quell before they get in! Problem solved and you can throw it around as it deserves to be.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:19 pm

Give them a Quell before they get in! Problem solved and you can throw it around as it deserves to be.
This "floaty" nonsense was started by a now "deleted user" in one if his myriad machinations over options. It was a CONCERN, never a fact. In the end he did not add it. THHGTTG comments on it in his recent post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=11714 that maybe indicates a hint of regret!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Neil1911 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:23 pm

This "floaty" nonsense was started by a now "deleted user" in one if his myriad machinations over options. It was a CONCERN, never a fact. In the end he did not add it. THHGTTG comments on it in his recent post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=11714 that maybe indicates a hint of regret!
THHGTTG was the only user I’d ever read about on here who got motion sickness from air. Nothing to report on the front in 3 months of driving since we took ownership of ours.
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

Wouldn’t have one without it, particularly with 21” & PASM, it transforms the car. I also wouldn’t have one without 360 surround view.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

BanZ wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:13 pm

THHGTTG was the only user I’d ever read about on here who got motion sickness from air. Nothing to report on the front in 3 months of driving since we took ownership of ours.
I think he wishes he had ordered air now.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

To be fair, this started in earnest a couple of years ago. A lady forum member took delivery of a Macan Turbo fitted with air suspension. She began to suffer car sickness every time she was in the car. She then ordered a replacement Turbo on steel springs and that solved her problem. It is rare but it does happen.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

On-Track wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:14 pm

To be fair, this started in earnest a couple of years ago. A lady forum member took delivery of a Macan Turbo fitted with air suspension. She began to suffer car sickness every time she was in the car. She then ordered a replacement Turbo on steel springs and that solved her problem. It is rare but it does happen.

Yep, true story. Semerka.

Then bought a 991.2.

Then a 4.0 Cayman GTS. 8-)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018