2nd Hand Prices

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

And when they all have them the queues at chargers will be enormous..................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'

Percymon

Post by Percymon »

bennachie wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:03 pm And when they all have them the queues at chargers will be enormous..................
or the battery range will be sufficient that only those with silly miles to travel in a day (i've no need for more than 250 miles) will need roadside rapid chargers. Of course big range just means more batteries to lug around.

Those without access to home charging may be reliant on roadside charge points; sadly some councils had / still have no foresight and continue to pop in 3kw car park points, which are nigh on useless now.
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:51 pm
cc3 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:33 pm
Bluesnose1812 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:13 pm

Only until April 2025 when the 100% tax allowance for businesses ends and the benefit in kind rates go up. . The majority of premium EV sales are company purchases.
I’m a private Macan buyer like the dozens already on the lists at Porsche Dealers most have over 50 deposits for electric Macans. Sold my GTS recently for top money and gave up slot for a new one. I can charge at home from solar or battery or via overnight cheap tariff at between 1 and 2p a mile. So 300 miles costs me between £3 and £6. Cost of tank of super unleaded heading towards £150. And no road tax etc

When significant numbers move from petrol/diesel to EVs, The Treasury will be losing an absolute fortune in fuel duty and VAT (tax is nearly half the cost of fuel) so, as sure as eggs are eggs, they’ll be getting that money from elsewhere, be that electricity charges or tolls for using the roads etc... :geek:

Same with traditional road tax; that’ll either start to apply to EVs, or some kind of road tolls/tax per mile driven will take over.
They should have added RFL to fuel taxes years ago - the more miles you cover or the thirstier the car the more you pay - simples. Of course would have meant less jobs at the DVLA.

Incentives for EVs has been dropped by the gov today, albeit the number of EVs available under the threshold price was getting somewhat limited as newer models with bigger batteries are pricey carriages.
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

PorscheMack wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:58 pm My next car WILL be a plug-in. But NOT a Porsche. Probably revert back to Audi or Mercedes as can't see the point of over spending on EV powered transport.
Crazy times when a 455bhp Vovo S60 saloon PHEV is under £50k with good spec levels, or a 400bhp XC40 EV for mid £50ks
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

bennachie wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:03 pm And when they all have them the queues at chargers will be enormous..................

983EF4E0-490E-44D3-88CA-3E4343B52F58.jpeg

https://apple.news/Af1UL2TRJRreHyDmSh8phDw

Not exactly high quality journalism though.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

New technology will see lighter batteries with longer range, we are already there actually, with solid state cells. As soon as you get a genuine 350 mile range (already 450 in a Lucid) in mainstream cars, there will be little need for public charging in the main.
Housing without driveways will need a solution but certainly not beyond the wit of man to provide it.
I have recently started to look at cars as cars rather than what powers them - it’s quite illuminating to ditch the prejudice 🤔
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

And be ready for that spare bit of land near you to house one of the dozens of nuclear power stations required to supply your new EV, coupled with the doubling of electric costs for home charging when an EV is plugged in. This is just a honeymoon period ;)
Macan S MY 2023
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Jon A wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:36 pm New technology will see lighter batteries with longer range, we are already there actually, with solid state cells. As soon as you get a genuine 350 mile range (already 450 in a Lucid) in mainstream cars, there will be little need for public charging in the main.
Housing without driveways will need a solution but certainly not beyond the wit of man to provide it.
I have recently started to look at cars as cars rather than what powers them - it’s quite illuminating to ditch the prejudice 🤔
I test drove a Model 3 performance and really liked it. Its insanely fast and I’d disagree with anyone who says its not fun to drive. The charging network isn’t there…..yet. But I’m 99% sure my next car will be electric.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Skyway wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:55 pm And be ready for that spare bit of land near you to house one of the dozens of nuclear power stations required to supply your new EV, coupled with the doubling of electric costs for home charging when an EV is plugged in. This is just a honeymoon period ;)
Agreed Skyway, but actually around a dozen nuclear power plants would triple what we currently put into the grid, so not so onerous. The problem is they may take 10-20 years to come on line!
Either way it doesn’t matter because we WILL be all EV starting the process in earnest when you can’t buy an ICE car in 8 years… 😳
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Used ICE prices to climb in 8 years as zero CO2 liquid fuels will have arrived. Its closer than solid state battery tech.
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'