Odd Question From OPC

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
davlewis

Post by davlewis »

Ok this seems like an odd question/offer from my OPC….

They called to say the PDI is now done and collection should be good for the 20th if not before (great news)…. But then they asked me if I would be interested in reducing the cost of the car? :shock:

Basically they asked if they could pre register the car and sell it to me as “used” and knock some money off?!

Anyone experienced this from an OPC before?!

What would you do?
- Macan Volcano Grey / Bordeaux Red Interior
- First time Porsche Owner

PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Knock how much off?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

I wouldn’t. You would then be second owner and one owner nearly new are worth more than list just now!

I suppose it depends on how much they are knocking off but have you asked them why??
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Meeting their registration/sales quota I suspect. If you intend keeping the car for, say, three years you could win out............................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
davlewis

Post by davlewis »

I did ask yes, basically exactly as bennachie said they need to meet certain used car sale quotas. There initial offer was to knock £1k off. Which to me seem too little to make it worth it?!

I tend to only keep cars for 18-24 months and it’s a cash purchase….
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Say that £1k is not enough, and ask for their very best offer!

They must be in line for a sizeable bonus, if they are approaching new car buyers in this way!

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
davlewis

Post by davlewis »

Wing Commander wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:13 pm Say that £1k is not enough, and ask for their very best offer!

They must be in line for a sizeable bonus, if they are approaching new car buyers in this way!

Cheers,
That’s my exact thinking, to be honest £1k isn’t enough for me to do it. So I think I will be going back and saying exactly as you suggest, what’s the best you can do.

Caught me off guard a little them asking this!
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

First thing I'd be asking is "pre-registered when?"

Bonuses are usually linked to a year/quarter/month end so seems odd to suggest a discount for what will still be a mid-month registration - unless someone accidentally registered it before the end of December!
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
bobajob

Post by bobajob »

I've bought pre-regestered cars twice before with no issues and made a big saving. Only potential issue is that they car remains registered to the dealer for a number of months (can't remember how long - maybe 3) so for that period you are not the registered keeper. I explained this to the insurance company and they were fine with it. Just wanted to see the invoice as proof of purchase.
davlewis

Post by davlewis »

Old Chimer wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:27 pm First thing I'd be asking is "pre-registered when?"

Bonuses are usually linked to a year/quarter/month end so seems odd to suggest a discount for what will still be a mid-month registration - unless someone accidentally registered it before the end of December!

Fair point, I will ask the question. Could be as they were really pushing for a December delivery before it was delayed?!
bobajob wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:32 pm I've bought pre-regestered cars twice before with no issues and made a big saving. Only potential issue is that they car remains registered to the dealer for a number of months (can't remember how long - maybe 3) so for that period you are not the registered keeper. I explained this to the insurance company and they were fine with it. Just wanted to see the invoice as proof of purchase.
Yeah I would be fine with that, but I personally don’t think 1k is a big saving … might just be me?

Also if I did do it…. Should I still be paying the First year road fund @£1900 odd or as the second owner the normal £470ish —— think I know the answer to this one. It will still be in the price I pay lol