What Are These Sections Called?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I deeply value what you guys think, and I am 50/50 on whether to get the front painted or keep as per original spec.

What sways me with keeping as original spec, is the thought that they have to remove the front end, whereas a replacement diffuser should be a straight swap and a days work.
They are a Porsche approved repairer, and they had a number of different Porsche models in their workshop with many undergoing extensive works, so it's not as though the work would be beyond them.

I have until Monday to decide.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

PMS888

Post by PMS888 »

I think you should keep it matt. Not being a pessimist but you should should consider this. If you gloss it and any other parts, were you to have another knock and had to claim it on insurance, they would only pay to replace the parts as original spec and you would have to pay extra for the additional gloss every time. Just a thought if you were thinking of doing the front bumper or side blades.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

PMS888 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:43 pm I think you should keep it matt. Not being a pessimist but you should should consider this. If you gloss it and any other parts, were you to have another knock and had to claim it on insurance, they would only pay to replace the parts as original spec and you would have to pay extra for the additional gloss every time. Just a thought if you were thinking of doing the front bumper or side blades.
No, I can't agree with that, in the case of an accident you have the right to be returned to the position you were in before it regardless of whether any changes, customisations or modifications have been made since the car was built. This is not a Porsche warranty we're talking about.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Neil1911 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:49 pm
PMS888 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:43 pm I think you should keep it matt. Not being a pessimist but you should should consider this. If you gloss it and any other parts, were you to have another knock and had to claim it on insurance, they would only pay to replace the parts as original spec and you would have to pay extra for the additional gloss every time. Just a thought if you were thinking of doing the front bumper or side blades.
No, I can't agree with that, in the case of an accident you have the right to be returned to the position you were in before it regardless of whether any changes, customisations or modifications have been made since the car was built. This is not a Porsche warranty we're talking about.
But you would have to declare any 'modifications' to your insurance company or they will wriggle out of paying. They always ask if the vehicle is modified in anyway.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

True, and of course we would, regardless, I don't believe changing a panel from matt to gloss, or even black to white will fall into into that definition of "modification".

Insurance underwriters please advise...
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

PMS888

Post by PMS888 »

Also, is there a lacquer on the gloss paint they’ve put on the diffuser? You’ll need this to protect the paint or otherwise over time it could fade and discolour. You’ll see that the official gloss items are protected with a coating.

I guess if they just fitted the correct diffuser you wouldn’t be having this conversation?
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

PMS888 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:47 am
I guess if they just fitted the correct diffuser you wouldn’t be having this conversation?

This. If there is no cost to you, just get them to do the job properly, with the correct replacement diffuser. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
PMS888

Post by PMS888 »

Neil1911 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:49 pm
All I’m saying is that the insurance would only pay out for the spec you had your car delivered with (gloss, matt finish etc) but any modifications you do after (ie. gloss spray) will not be covered, not unless you declare it to your insurance and get it covered. I guess each insurance company will have their own risk score for this.
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

PMS888 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:47 am
That's correct. I just wanted the vehicle repaired and returned to its original condition.
They've given me a decision to make that I didn't ask for.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver