Is Paint Protection Film a Must for a New 2022 Macan?

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:20 am
Someone recently recommended a quality touch up product whose name I've already forgotten. Can someone repost that please?
Chipex
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon

Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Thank you. It's now on a post it note!!!
Deleted User 4325

FYI I negotiated with the dealer their Swiss wax finish which would have cost £600. I know it won't be as good as a detailer and is probably trowelled on round the back of the wash bay but I'll have a good look at it. Apparently it gets a second coat included after a year.

Might be worth trying to negotiate as it's an easier figure for the SE to lose than any 'discount'!!!
andreas

Post by andreas »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:02 pm FYI I negotiated with the dealer their Swiss wax finish which would have cost £600. I know it won't be as good as a detailer and is probably trowelled on round the back of the wash bay but I'll have a good look at it. Apparently it gets a second coat included after a year.

Might be worth trying to negotiate as it's an easier figure for the SE to lose than any 'discount'!!!
I don't think any dealer-applied treatment is worth the money - and certainly not worth £600! They're unlikely to do a good job.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Deleted User 4325

andreas wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:19 pm
Nelladrahcir wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:02 pm FYI I negotiated with the dealer their Swiss wax finish which would have cost £600. I know it won't be as good as a detailer and is probably trowelled on round the back of the wash bay but I'll have a good look at it. Apparently it gets a second coat included after a year.

I don't think any dealer-applied treatment is worth the money - and certainly not worth £600! They're unlikely to do a good job.
That's why I haven't paid for it!!

;)
Deleted User 4325

They added Swiss wax with a couple of other bits in lieu of any discount.
andreas

Post by andreas »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:38 pm They added Swiss wax with a couple of other bits in lieu of any discount.
Possibly because the SE gets commission on selling it.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

jonnydrama wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:24 am Took my last Macan over 70k and it was white so you should notice every scratch/blemish, the skirts are probably the only bit I'd protect if I could do it again but really they weren't bad at all.
One of the joys of white, it matches the undercoat so chips dont show. After 25k miles I have a rash of tiny (invisible from 10 or so yards) chips on my bonnet, which only show because the white under layer highlights them. Following advice from my detailer (started as a body shop paint sprayer) I've got some touch up paint and will use the smallest of a nail art dotting pen set to apply it. Worst case? Bonnet respray the only alternative other than "doing nothing".

Next time, for a "keeper" PPF will be a serious consideration, especially for those little country lanes that I love with their brambles and oncoming traffic, which I hate!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Deleted User 4325

andreas wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:56 pm
Nelladrahcir wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:38 pm They added Swiss wax with a couple of other bits in lieu of any discount.
Possibly because the SE gets commission on selling it.
Maybe but not from me as I'm not paying for it!

:!:
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

I met in the middle and did some tactical PPF plus detail.

Mirrors, bonnet, boot sill, gloss black on the pillars, handles including inside the grab for scratches off rings etc amongst some other parts.

I’ll be doing the same again when my gen3 arrives.