Electric car (choice of)

The place to discuss everything else..
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Peteski wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:09 pm
bennachie wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:54 am EV are just too expensive........................................
Fairynuff wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:18 am It looks like my much loved Macan is soon going to loved by someone else this week and I must choose a replacement. I have spec’d a new Macan S (£65,223) but must give some consideration to going electric. Help me with some objective positive / negative observations on the below options:

Tessla Model 3 £51,090
BMW iX3 M Sport Pro £59,030
Audi Q4 e-tron Vorsprung 50 e-tron Quattro £61,503
Not sure why you would compare a Tesla 3 with the other two - they are SUV's and the Tesla is a small saloon. The only thing they have in common is the power source??
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

All depends how ugly you want it or how poor the fit and finish will be...............
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Jon A wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:14 pm
bennachie wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:54 am EV are just too expensive........................................
Fairynuff wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:18 am It looks like my much loved Macan is soon going to loved by someone else this week and I must choose a replacement. I have spec’d a new Macan S (£65,223) but must give some consideration to going electric. Help me with some objective positive / negative observations on the below options:

Tessla Model 3 £51,090
Not sure why you would compare a Tesla 3 with the other two - they are SUV's and the Tesla is a small saloon. The only thing they have in common is the power source??
The Model 3 is not small and even though it's a saloon, the boot is pretty big and very deep. Model Y would be more in line with the other two choices, available in the UK very shortly.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Peteski wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:36 pm

The Model 3 is not small and even though it's a saloon, the boot is pretty big and very deep. Model Y would be more in line with the other two choices, available in the UK very shortly.
Well my next door neighbour has one and it sure aint big! Also, it is no where near the premium build of the other two examples, but it does go quick in a straight line - he likes it but still runs an SUV for the space options.
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Jon A wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:40 pm
Well my next door neighbour has one and it sure aint big! Also, it is no where near the premium build of the other two examples, but it does go quick in a straight line - he likes it but still runs an SUV for the space options.
Well we have one too and it's pretty big inside where it matters. I'm 6'1" and there is loads of leg room in the seats behind me. Being low to the ground with compact overhangs makes it look smaller than any SUV, even something like a Nissan Qashqai. I haven't looked at the numbers, but I wouldn't be surprised if it has more cabin space than a Macan. I'm pretty sure it's bigger inside than a BMW 3 series or Audi A4. SUVs always look bigger. I sat in an iPace and even that feels smaller inside than a Model 3. Probably isn't much in it overall. But it isn't a small car by any means. It does look tiny next to our Model X though!
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Peteski wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:08 pm
Jon A wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:40 pm

Well we have one too and it's pretty big inside where it matters. I'm 6'1" and there is loads of leg room in the seats behind me. Being low to the ground with compact overhangs makes it look smaller than any SUV, even something like a Nissan Qashqai. I haven't looked at the numbers, but I wouldn't be surprised if it has more cabin space than a Macan. I'm pretty sure it's bigger inside than a BMW 3 series or Audi A4. SUVs always look bigger. I sat in an iPace and even that feels smaller inside than a Model 3. Probably isn't much in it overall. But it isn't a small car by any means. It does look tiny next to our Model X though!
Yes you might be right re size, i drove my neighbours a short distance and didnt feel cramped. I was more referring to dogs in the back, tip trips etc.
The tech is outstanding but the build quality is average IMO but not terrible - just sort of Ford Focus level. I found the seats to be uncomfortable and i positively hate not having dials in front of me but these are personal preferences and nothing to do with it being electric, just Tesla design.
What i want is a Taycan CT at about half the price with 50% more range - i would buy that car tomorrow :lol:
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Tessla Model 3 £51,090
I’d give the Audi a miss, didn’t perform at all well on the latest test I watched yesterday. Actual range was appalling compared to claimed.
I honestly think I’m at least 5-10 years away from going electric.
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Sweetmeister wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:23 pm

Tessla Model 3 £51,090
I’d give the Audi a miss, didn’t perform at all well on the latest test I watched yesterday. Actual range was appalling compared to claimed.
Could be longer if no news on your Macan soon... :lol:
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Jon A wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:26 pm
Sweetmeister wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:23 pm

Tessla Model 3 £51,090
Could be longer if no news on your Macan soon... :lol:
At this rate I’ll end up with an EV before the Macan!! :D
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Tesla was fun to drive but cheap and nasty trim and awful build quality typical of most American built cars, excepting a US Honda Accord I once drove.