05 Audi TT 3.2 V6
00 Audi TT 1.8T
91 VW Corrado G60
86 Pug 205 1.9 GTI
84 VW Golf GTI

Deleted User 4388

Post by Deleted User 4388 »

:shock: OK - Thanks for your comments.
I would say Volcano has it but the wife has u turned on Crayon having actually sat down with the configurator. I'm thinking of the following order http://www.porsche-code.com/PNMYL2E2. Going back to OPC next week to test the 18 way seats and may add them if we like the feel.
Interestingly, the SE talked me into Bose saying Bose, decent wheels and pan roof are the must haves? He also talked me out of auto dimming mirrors and surround camera saying basic camera is good enough? I might add these on but it has already gone well over budget!!
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

I really like those wheels but they just pushed my budget to far. Crayon really doesn’t float my boat but its not my car, so……

Lots of discussion on BOSE. I originally specced it then realised that 90% of the time I get cross at the garbage coming out of the expensive stereo in my current car and turn it off, or talk to people and turn it off, or just have it on low for background noise. Remember the standard stereo and the BOSE are the same head unit, just with a couple of extra speakers and a sub-woofer under your shopping in the boot.

The surround camera depends on what you want it for. Regular camera doesn’t do the helicopter view ( if you like your 21 inch wheels this may be a life saver ) and doesn’t have the side or forward facing cameras ( useful for pulling out of blind junctions or, in my case, not nerfing the wall on my drive. From what I understand, and from the test drive i had, the standard parking sensors are extremely sensitive so actually seeing how close you are to things sounds very useful )

With the 18 way seats pay special attention to how much your backside scrapes across the side bolsters when you get in and out, and see if you can look at one that’s 6 months old. After a very short period the side bolsters can look terrible because you keep smooshing then getting in an out.
Seventy Seven

Post by Seventy Seven »

Spare wheel…?

I think Bose is least required for resale etc.
Current:
997.2 C2S, Meteor Grey, PDK (with paddles), PSE, Sports Chrono, etc.... (2009)
Macan, Volcano Grey, 21” RS Spyder Design Alloys (2020): http://www.porsche-code.com/PLVB2FZ0
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Seventy Seven wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:45 pm Spare wheel…?

people keep saying this. I’m not paying £800 so the next person that buys my car has a fancy stereo. I’m buying the car for me, not the next owner. if you are buying the car on PCP its even more irrelevant. Pay for options you want, don’t drive a car for 3-4 years wishing you’d spec things you actually wanted rather than worrying about what may or may not be relevant in 3-4 years. TBH ICE cars are likely to be almost unsaleable in 5 years anyway, like diesel cars are now.
Last edited by Deleted User 4436 on Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rigger

Post by Rigger »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:51 pm [quote="Seventy Seven" post_id=213702 time=<a href="tel:1629661515">1629661515</a> user_id=3095]
Spare wheel…?

people keep saying this. I’m not paying £800 so the next person that buys my car has a fancy stereo. I’m buying the car for me, not the next owner.
[/quote]

Very true. Everyone has their own views on pano, Bose etc etc. Not having Bose didn’t stop the sale of my GTS and nor did anyone try to barter me on price on the basis that it didn’t have Bose. And whilst my car had a pano roof I won’t be having one on my next Macan and would actively avoid if I was going the second hand route. But it will be having the surround cam, found it very useful for all the reasons stated by others.
2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Both lovely colours
Volcano much lower profile than Crayon and I would say Crayon looks best in either dull days asit looks a bit beige in strong sunlight.
Crayon for me though.
ps-the standard stereo is very good.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Yes, it is................

But Bose is better........................ £800 better? That is a debating point..............
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Dickies16V wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:29 pm :shock: OK - Thanks for your comments.
I would say Volcano has it but the wife has u turned on Crayon having actually sat down with the configurator. I'm thinking of the following order http://www.porsche-code.com/PNMYL2E2. Going back to OPC next week to test the 18 way seats and may add them if we like the feel.
Interestingly, the SE talked me into Bose saying Bose, decent wheels and pan roof are the must haves? He also talked me out of auto dimming mirrors and surround camera saying basic camera is good enough? I might add these on but it has already gone well over budget!!
Having read through the comments so far I think I should have dropped Bose and added Surround View now - the later seems much more useful. Oh well bit late now as mine is due next month ... I have Bose in my current Audi and it was OK with the OEM head unit but sounded much better when I simply changed to a after-market HU.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Not a fan of Crayon, so have to say Volcano.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)