2022 Macan Build Dates

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

davlewis wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:18 pm
mark-yorkshire wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:18 pm
davlewis wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:17 pm Mines still sitting at the factory apparently with a stop sale. They had two missing components, the Bose amp and a headlight module. Apparently the amp has now been fitted but they are still waiting on the headlight module.

My car goes on Friday! So let’s hope it’s not delayed for too much longer!
Which headlights have you optioned ?
Just the standard ones that come with the base macan. :cry:
MacanSman wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:56 pm
davlewis wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:17 pm Mines still sitting at the factory apparently with a stop sale. They had two missing components, the Bose amp and a headlight module. Apparently the amp has now been fitted but they are still waiting on the headlight module.

My car goes on Friday! So let’s hope it’s not delayed for too much longer!
I've just sold mine back to the BMW dealer I bought it from this morning, so I hope there is no stop sale on mine otherwise I'll be asking for a loaner :roll:
Funnily I'm selling mine back to BMW as well, almost £3/4k more than online buyers at the moment!! So cant really say no!

I dont blame you, I will probably look at renting for a few weeks...... we shall see. But until then and over xmas I can nick my wifes Mini Cooper S
Strange that your car should be awaiting a standard headlight module. My dealer has said that there is no “stop sale” showing against my car.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.

LewMacan

Post by LewMacan »

Wasn't the headlight module one of the rumoured reasons for delays previously, I know mine sat at the factory from October till December waiting a component.

I've just had the email this afternoon asking me to active Porsche Connect, so I assume the car is making its way to the dealer shortly.
ianst

Post by ianst »

Ours is due to have bose part arrive tomorrow and collect thursday
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
davlewis

Post by davlewis »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:29 pm
Strange that your car should be awaiting a standard headlight module. My dealer has said that there is no “stop sale” showing against my car.
Yeah It is a little odd, but not much I can do but take their word for it. I don’t have any reason to not believe the information they are giving me, given they were quite pushy about it being delivered and registered this year!

But great news yours is coming though! And it was reassuring reading your post about PEC and your positive experience with the 2.0l!
- Macan Volcano Grey / Bordeaux Red Interior
- First time Porsche Owner
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

davlewis wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:00 pm
Yeah It is a little odd, but not much I can do but take their word for it. I don’t have any reason to not believe the information they are giving me, given they were quite pushy about it being delivered and registered this year!

But great news yours is coming though! And it was reassuring reading your post about PEC and your positive experience with the 2.0l!
My dealer was also a bit pushy in wanting the car registered before the year end. I did say that my preference was for beginning of Jan but we would talk again when it actually arrives. I also hinted that if he were to sweeten the deal I might be more amenable to register this month 😄
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
YorkiePhil

Post by YorkiePhil »

LewMacan wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:50 pm Wasn't the headlight module one of the rumoured reasons for delays previously, I know mine sat at the factory from October till December waiting a component.

I've just had the email this afternoon asking me to active Porsche Connect, so I assume the car is making its way to the dealer shortly.
I’ve not had any contact re Porsche Connect, despite repeatedly chasing I’ve heard nothing from anyone about the Porsche Experience at Silverstone and it’s required my prompting to elicit any information from the OPC on anything at all. Not once have I received an unrequested phone call or email during the entire process.

I’m apparently receiving my new car this week.

It’s been a quite different experience to the last new Porsche I bought in 2016 and yet it’s the same OPC and exactly the same SE.

V odd.
alians1109

Post by alians1109 »

YorkiePhil wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:32 pm
LewMacan wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:50 pm Wasn't the headlight module one of the rumoured reasons for delays previously, I know mine sat at the factory from October till December waiting a component.

I’ve not had any contact re Porsche Connect, despite repeatedly chasing I’ve heard nothing from anyone about the Porsche Experience at Silverstone and it’s required my prompting to elicit any information from the OPC on anything at all. Not once have I received an unrequested phone call or email during the entire process.

It’s been a quite different experience to the last new Porsche I bought in 2016 and yet it’s the same OPC and exactly the same SE.

V odd.
This is my first Porsche and I have to say I am not impressed by my SE. Similar to you I have done all the chasing and haven't been contacted without me asking for something. I have sent 2 emails in the last week asking for an update on my build allocation slot and no response. Will call tomorrow but this level of service is very poor in comparison to that received over the years from Audi and BMW. I really want my Macan S so will stick with it, but Porsche SEs in my opinion really need to up their game. The after sales survey is going to be interesting.
Macan S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNXGPN66
Miami|Bl Lthr|Pano|Blk Rails|Blades ext. clr|Model matt blk|Air|Sports Chrono|Blk T/pipes|75l|21" Spyder (satin blk)|18" spare|Tinted Tailights|Privacy|ParkAssist|LCA|18w|GT Race tex wheel|Bose
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

alians1109 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:38 pm

V odd.
This is my first Porsche and I have to say I am not impressed by my SE. Similar to you I have done all the chasing and haven't been contacted without me asking for something. I have sent 2 emails in the last week asking for an update on my build allocation slot and no response. Will call tomorrow but this level of service is very poor in comparison to that received over the years from Audi and BMW. I really want my Macan S so will stick with it, but Porsche SEs in my opinion really need to up their game. The after sales survey is going to be interesting.
When you pick your car up your sales person will be all over you to try to get you to give them a 10/10 when you receive your survey.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
Nig0151

Post by Nig0151 »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:05 pm
davlewis wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:00 pm

My dealer was also a bit pushy in wanting the car registered before the year end. I did say that my preference was for beginning of Jan but we would talk again when it actually arrives. I also hinted that if he were to sweeten the deal I might be more amenable to register this month 😄
Amazing how end of year can galvanise companies into action. My Macan S with the Bose, Air etc that has been at the OPC for the best part of a month is finally ready for collection on Friday!!. Looking forward to wrapping it and putting under my Xmas tree. (biggest present Santa has brought me so far) 😂😂
LewMacan

Post by LewMacan »

V odd.
I've had nothing either for the Porsche Experience at Silverstone. Assuming now that this will be mentioned when I go and collect the car.

I had a similar experience with the communication from the OPC, but as soon as it was released from the factory the level of communication went straight up with updates on where it is and expected arrival dates etc.