What did the dealer do for you

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Sportback

Post by Sportback »

I would have shoved those magnets up where there is no magnetism to stick them!

SB
Macan S Diesel ordered 06/12/2014 - Locked Down 15/12/2015 - Delivered March 2016
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH5EKVU2

David B

Post by David B »

Smithers-jones,
How long an extended drive were you looking for? For your OPC to say they are "banned" is, apart from being very poor customer service, bullsh1t!
I had one from Swindon only a few weeks before taking delivery. I needed to book a few weeks ahead, but it wasn't difficult. Orignally, I was having it Fri pm to Sat pm. Paul from Swindon then emailed and asked if he could possibly have it back by 2.00 on Sat for another customer, which didn't really suit me, so we agreed I'd pick it up 4.00 Sat and drop it back Monday morning - as you say, decent communication sorts out most things!
Macan S sold; Turbo cancelled. Boxster Spyder - collected 20.05.2016
Pookie

Post by Pookie »

Same treatment from Cardiff, third SA but only knew of the seconds departure when I phone branch. Took an e-mail to DP to eventually get a sales contact. They don't care about customers, as there are plenty of eager buyers for the macan. When I suggested that a simple auto reply from departing SA's seemed a reasonable method of informing customers I was told that this was not done in car sales, mmm not a very professional attitude, is this a Porsche trait or just dealer specific? If the car wasn't so desirable, their attitudes would have to change.
Macan SD 01/05/15
Macan GTS 01/09/16
BMW X101/11/17 :roll:
Cayman 718 bought 01/03/19
Macan 2 litre 27/08/2020
Gleneagles

Post by Gleneagles »

I have no idea how much a reasonable Porshe salesman earns, but any commission will be based upon upwelling and deal profitability.
I would imagine the hardest part of the job is actually getting it!!
I would also guesstimate that they are on circa £40K for a reasonable year, plus a company car ( non Porsche).
Plus the manufacturer will offer sales incentives for them.
Macan S Diesel on order May 13th 2014
www.porsche-code.com/PFUPJFF9
Delivered 29/04/2015
Paul

Post by Paul »

I have no idea how much a reasonable Porshe salesman earns, but any commission will be based upon upwelling and deal profitability.
I would imagine the hardest part of the job is actually getting it!!
I would also guesstimate that they are on circa £40K for a reasonable year, plus a company car ( non Porsche).
Plus the manufacturer will offer sales incentives for them.

Most salesmen will be on £15 -£20 basic, they will then be on a frighteningly complicated commission reward based on, sales units, model mix, finance penetration, gap penetration, tyre guard, paint protection penetration, accessory sales etc etc.
This will also depend on experience, length of service in dealership and who they work for ( ie dick Lovett will have a different package to stratstone etc) they will probably get a 3 series of similar ( which will be taxed as the appropriate BIK)
The overall package will be in the £40K zone as Gleneagles says but as in any business, salesmen will always move around to find that greener grass!
Porsch incentives will not usually filter down to the frontline sales staff other that the odd tickle of a couple of store vouchers and of course driving the product on a regular basis.
I once employed a salesman who worked for a national group who deliberately would not sell towards the end of the month as more units would destroy his finance penetration and reduce his monthly take-home!
They are all human beings, some good some bad and some indifferent. They are not employed by Porsche but by the dealership and ultimately it comes down to the human relationship as to how you are treated😄
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

The big trouble with Porsche dealers just now is that especially for a new car they have no competition due to the way Porsche effectively ban discounting. Your choice is take it or leave it - and they are happy for you to leave it! When you consider most of our cars are the other side of £50k, and let's be honest, none of us are exactly strapped for cash Embarrassed or we would not be on this forum, any kind of incentive under a couple of hundred quid is more of a token of good will for our custom - and potential repeat business - rather than something any of us actually needs?
But basically I still feel emasculated that I can get more thrown in with a ford fiesta than I can with a £50k Porsche, and that actually *&%>£& me off.
Sorry, I must go and get my tablets.
James
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

Yes but the Ford sales people have to through in freebies to sell the cars, Macans sell themselves and of course when your's arrives you'll have something that is more desirable, more exclusive and from an experience perspective, driving nirvana.

Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Sportback

Post by Sportback »

Being a Porsche Virgin and the originator of this thread, is it all Porsches that aren't discounted ie buy any Porsche you don't get a penny off or is it just Macans?

SB
Macan S Diesel ordered 06/12/2014 - Locked Down 15/12/2015 - Delivered March 2016
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH5EKVU2
dereksharpuk

Post by dereksharpuk »

I got a discount once off a Boxster. I think you will get something off a Cayenne or Pandamonium., especially if it is sitting in the showroom.
White diesel Macan, Arrived early Dec 14
Paul

Post by Paul »

It's more a supply and demand thing - you could buy a fiesta or a clio or a corsa etc, the dealer is targeted by his manufacturer to sell x per annum and the manufacturer can build x + units, ie over supply to demand. Therefore the price goes down ( you get a discount). Porsche can't / won't currently build enough units for the current UK demand therefore the price goes up ie no discount and used units at over list price.
If Porsche keep the supply in check and the demand remains then nothing changes, but if demand slips then we will get the boxster / panemera situation described above.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465